Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Was watching that video and noticed this. There's buttons for you to press for all of the players. Which is kinda weird
Maybe there's a spectator mode or something ??? Or maybe it's just something I'm missing idk
Spectator mode for private matches was confirmed. This must be buttons to control which player your camera is focused on.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm actually excited for E3--because of the Splatoon 2 and ARMS tournaments of course. Not only will we get the chance to see the other maps in play, but also the rank mode tweaks in action.

Maybe
they'll let the competitors use the new abilities or even choose their abilities?

Personally I'm hoping the current quick respawn, stealth jump, blaster meta chain gets broken--because if it's still in effect with this new Tower Control checkpoint system...

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I'm actually excited for E3--because of the Splatoon 2 and ARMS tournaments of course. Not only will we get the chance to see the other maps in play, but also the rank mode tweaks in action.

Maybe
they'll let the competitors use the new abilities or even choose their abilities?

Personally I'm hoping the current quick respawn, stealth jump, blaster meta chain gets broken--because if it's still in effect with this new Tower Control checkpoint system...
Blaster will be getting nerfed on that indirect damage I am certain of it, it was way too unbalanced for it to be transferred to the sequel. Or else we might become SSB MELEE

Nintendo: "Here a new sequel"
Fans: "Awesome!"
Nintendo: "tower control, Luna only, all quick respawn"
Fans: "......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:"

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The symbol is new... but I get the feeling that it's just re-designed :ability_bombsniffer: (or, at least, the bomb damage reduction half of it)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Welp, looks like that double quick respawn looking icon is both a main and sub ability. If it becomes what everyone fears then expect to see a time paradox squid class--respawning before they're splatted and thus never returning to the spawn point as a result! o.0

The difference being that this could be stacked. Considering how many "gotcha" moments involve explosives, I can see the appeal.
As someone who enjoys passing out those "gotcha" moments via splat bomb tricks and suction bomb traps I feel it my duty to screech, "NERF IT nerf it now!!11!"

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I just noticed upon looking at that screenshot...look at the shouts commands. Right above "Booyah!"

Ouch...

Now what if I spam that as the "look out, enemys near!" signal?

"Ouch...Ouch...Ouch...Ouch...Ouch..."

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I didn't heart it before, so I didn't forget about it
Thanks my man you also helped me with names
View attachment 4905

Look at the gear abilities
Feel my pain :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
I'm guessing the pink Squid for the mask is a redesigned Haunt? Not sure if it's just aesthetically changed tho
I just noticed upon looking at that screenshot...look at the shouts commands. Right above "Booyah!"

Ouch...

Now what if I spam that as the "look out, enemys near!" signal?

"Ouch...Ouch...Ouch...Ouch...Ouch..."
Before, it was something other than Ouch. Either developers changed it or it's customizable. The latter would be better, but who knows?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Before, it was something other than Ouch. Either developers changed it or it's customizable. The latter would be better, but who knows?
What was it before? I'm curious now.

I hope your right and that it is perhaps customizable. That would be a nice personal touch!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627

Watch the video, you'll see that "This Way!" becomes "Ouch.." when you get splatted
Oh yes, of course that changes when splatted (much like the first game- except its not blank this time). It sounded like the 'ouch...' option when splatted used to be something else though in earlier examples of the game? Or was this what you were thinking, @G1ng3rGar1 ?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I would still prefer customizable buttons on all four directions, but I can still accept "This way!" turning to "Ouch..." once you're splatted. Be especially useful when you're trying to get that hesitant Rainmaker bearer to follow you, they take their sweet ever loving time, then suddenly you get gang-splatted when they finally decide that now is a good time to follow. No, I'm not salty... much... "Ouch..." >.>;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom