Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
"Super Chakchi," eh?

I must be getting old. My eyes saw "Super Chakchi" but my mind interpreted "Super Chicken."

Not sure how I'm going to feel about this revamped disruptor. The current one is beautiful as is. Good for finding campers, making overacting carbons and lunas to calm the heck down, and even letting chargers know they're not safe. And then there are the unintended uses, such as being a decoy because your opponents want to get rid of that annoying *** squid spamming disruptors. Or sneak up on a charger or dynamo, ink their feet and disruptor spam them while running jumping squidbagging in circles around them.

If this "poison mist" only works on your opponent's ink and is stationary, I'll need to be a bit more creative with my trolling strategies.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's been the general trend of everything new in the sequel - vast potential for mayhem, but you gotta put in more work for it :P

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Lots of new updates regarding weapons today. Lets see what we got:
Google Translate:
"This is "Hokusai".
It belongs to the category called "Fuda" among roller types.
You can move at high speed while painting, you can attack by continuous swinging.
Let's disturb your opponent with tricky movements.
Sub is "Robot Bomb", Special is "Jet Pack"."
Google Translate:
"This is a new sub weapon "Robot Bomb".
It is a cute person who detects people who are around throwing places and explodes themselves by approaching themselves.
Let's use it well in a place where your opponent is likely to be hiding."
Google Translate:
"I took a picture of the movement of the robot bomb.
The appearance that keeps going around is cute, the last explosion ... ... It is very cute."

I think we all know what sub weapon that Robot Bomb may be replacing from Splatoon 1! What do you guys think about it?

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think we all know what sub weapon that Robot Bomb may be replacing from Splatoon 1! What do you guys think about it?
I loved the Seeker. This looks like a far more versatile Seeker, Since you can use it Vertically.... Well we don't get the Ink trail but we do have the Curling bomb for that.

Not an in brush fan, but sure we will see this bomb on other weapons...

Now to wait for the Pokemon Direct, as we are a week away from E3 and Splatoon 2 invitational.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Interesting stuff. We've reached the same number of explosive subweapons as the first game, I wonder what else is in store.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I loved the Seeker. This looks like a far more versatile Seeker, Since you can use it Vertically.... Well we don't get the Ink trail but we do have the Curling bomb for that.
…I thought it was a sort of Ink Mine replacement…

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
…I thought it was a sort of Ink Mine replacement…
You're probably right. The Curling Bomb has the same trajectory and general usage as the Seeker, this Robot Bomb only has homing in common with the Seeker.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I can definitely see myself making good use of this set. I feel like that rocker bomb could be very versatile in Rainmaker. I'm just curious if it can pick up enemies under their ink or walk through enemy ink. My guess is no and yes, but it would be cool if it could get enemies under their ink, but that could lead to it being a bit broken.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Gas masks, poison gas, exploding drones, air strikes--that's nearing some dark subtext there. It's like ink battles are a commercial JROTC training camp as well as ritualised combat. The Inkling vs Octarian war must have been ru~ff.

The loadout feels reminiscent of the Octobrush Nouveau. Yet with less aggressive bombs? I can see good flanking potential with it. Wonder how far the robot bombs can range without finding a target. Would they travel across the map like an unobstructed seeker or have a countdown timer? How do they maneuver around obstructions with and without a target nearby? Can their trajectory be rolled along the ground like a splat bomb? Will there be a robot bomb rush?

But oh poor svelte inkbrush, always ignored for your more robust cousin...

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I feel like the new sub is a combination between Seeker and Ink Mine, whereas the Curling Bomb is a combination of Seeker and Splat Bomb (Seeker for ink trails, Splat Bomb for bouncing). Based off the images I have a suspicion that this bomb will stand on the spot for a while before detonating if no-one enters its detection zone. Would be amusing to see some panic strategies in Rainmaker though. The RM carrier could slip past your defences, you throw the bomb and it starts chasing them down as they struggle to swim away with the weight of the RM before barely escaping the explosion, action movie style and you get your daily dose of sodium for the inevitable knockout :P

On an aside, I'm not sure I like this sub/special combo on the Octobrush, the bomb is pretty interesting and could help it with sneak/stealth jumps on any unsuspecting squid, but the Inkjet seems very counter-intuitive to the gameplay style the brush thrives on (ambushes and being on the down low). Why on earth would you send yourself sky high and leave a marker where you'll return when you want to avoid arousing attention? You can use squid mode to stop hovering, but it gives you less shots to splat the enemy. I'm just going to have to see if the Nouveau will get a better kit, because I don't think the Inkjet is a special for me, I'll leave that to the players with precise aim.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
YES my Precious Inkmine How much you have grown!!!
I am really excited by this, again won't be easy to play this weapon, easily visible and slow detonation, but it should be fun, though I do wonder what will happen if you drop it off a ledge....
Also it does take a lot of ink to power, around 60 to 80 percent, so this will likely be better for spotting people who are sharking on a point (like a carbon), taking out a stingray, or troll and placing it where an inkjet took off :D
Either way I am liking this sequel more and more

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Ugh, so much to get caught up on. I promise I'll take a further look into it once I have the time and update the OP as necessary (there have been subtle updates over the last few days though). I'm at the end of the school year so everything (and everyone) is ramped up. Once I get off (next week) I'll take another look through and get all the things I missed.

Keep going with your discussions though, the more we know and speculate the better our final list will be come release time!!!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just got finished doing that myself! (I'm kinda sad my archaeology class is done though...)
No rush on updating the list 'till you finish schule =p

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
How about the disruptor replacement? I really love the disruptor, but with this new one, I guess it'll be more useful against chargers on ledges.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Ah, more weapon updates! Now things are really becoming interesting...
Google Translate:
"This is "Prime Shooter".
Even among shooters, it has high shooting accuracy and long range.
On the other hand, because it consumes a large amount of ink, it is a bukki for experts who is required to be careful.
The sub is "point sensor", the special is "Aplysia"."
Google Translate:
"This is "Aplysia".
It is a special weapon that throws with the R button and creates a rain cloud of ink above the landing place.
Rain clouds gradually move from the impact point and sprinkle under it rash.
It will be effective in securing a foothold and forcing out opponents at advantageous points."
Google Translate:
"This is a sub weapon "point sensor".
Although it appeared continuously from the previous work, performance has changed a bit.
Although the effect of marking the opponent around the landed place is the same, the effect will remain at the impact point for a short time.
It seems to be able to investigate more certainly whether the other party is not hiding."

So point sensor is back! Which im glad for...and is that new special the replacement for Inkstrike? That was my first thought about it...

Thoughts?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The point sensor never interested me much, I prefer the various flavors of kaboom, but I'm glad it's back all the same. The ink cloud special seems to continue the trend of being similar but less instantly lethal, that'll probably give foes a chance to flee the area instead of instantly splatting them if they're near ground zero.

The Pro is the Pro of course, it will be glorious as always. It's an interesting set, combining the subweapon of the Forge with the regular's special.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So let me see if i have this right. Point sensor essentially got the same-ish buff as the disruptor in that it's effects can remain in the place thrown for a short while. Love it. I've played a lot of forge and the point sensor does help a bit when playing with randoms online. Should be fun.

Also i feel like like the L-3 and .52 gal kit will be revealed one of these days since the Blaster and Octobrush were revealed.
Spratoon.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom