Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
That's a nice way for Nintendo to kick off the new year. I kind of missed the Nouveau, so I'm not complaining here.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The new brella is beyond cheap. I'm using it now and it and it's just a joke that you can hide behind a shield and fire through it without missing a beat. This would be the ultimate weapon if it had more damage.
And that's precisely why it's not cheap, I think. It takes a while to get a Undercover Brella user down due to their extra HP, but they also take a while killing.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I can't read Japanese but according to the translation, the new octobrush should come with tenta-missiles and squid beakons. Interesting!
OMG, just stop Nintendo. We already have enough Tenta Missiles from all the dualies that are running around, and we already have enough brushes in Clam Blitz. This will be a nightmare.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral

I can't imagine LIFE
WITHOUT SPLATOOO-

wait a minute.

I was alive for 20 years before splatoon even existed. . .
yeah, I'll be fine
It's still sad that I can't even recommend any friends to buy my favorite video game to play with me, without telling them about the planned subscription service.

Here's to hoping Nintendo doesn't shoot it's new franchise in the foot!

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I was just playing matches with the fine folks of /rSplatoon and honestly the online was shockingly smooth. We all used Discord to chat. I think Nintendo's own online service would have only made things worse for Splatoon had it launched with the game, by forcing us to pay upfront and use a lame chat client on a frankly terrible mobile app. We're stuck in a middle ground right now, but it's tolerable if you use outside services. With the online rumored to be delayed until next fall, Nintendo must have taken a look at their offerings and realized how lackluster it truly looked. It's going to be a much longer wait for proper online now, but I think the longer it takes the better and more polished it'll be in the end.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lots of brushes running around today. Meanwhile, I'm finally getting the hang of the Undercover Brella. Undercover Brella vs Undercover Brella duels are really fun, by the way. Really, any kind of battles involving a Undercover Brella, either mine or the opponent's are fun.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So much new stuffs since I last posted! Slosher Deco finally came into existence, though I still prefer the vanillia for ranked, but I can consistently get around 1200p with it in Turf War so it'll probably become my main Slosher there. The Squezzer is surprisingly strong, I was afraid it'd be another H-3 situation, but it's not unwieldy at all as the firerate is decent and both mobility and range is great, plus it's kit is strong and unique. Glooga though, yeah it's pretty meh. I think it should be a 2-shot without having to roll. Undercover is fun even with it's horribly inconsistent damage, but man I wish it had a throwable sub for when the shield breaks and I gotta retreat. Thankfully it's alternate version will give me just that! Clam Blitz is fun, but I haven't gotten to play it as much as I'd like. You'd think for a new mode they make it 50% of the rotations for a month, but it feels like it's only there 10% of the time. But overall great stuff!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Although is A lot of grief towards it, I do enjoy there finally being a mobile weapon with beckons to give more use to sub up and QSJ in game.
Though I will admit the beacon and tentamissles spam especially when vs two octobrushes makes me want to chug a glass of water and swim over to the dead sea thread....

(Well gee~, a brella with ink mines. Maybe we should call it the @Saber Brella? :p)

If someone is accustomed to or a fan of brellas, they might not like this one.

Unlike the other two it seems this brella really requires aiming!
I will admit I like this umbrella but I didn't know how sold I was on it since it's kit is vastly different from my brella kit and took a long time for me to work out a decent kit that works with my silly strats.
Then this happened and yeah this is my brella <3

also btw quick tip if you humpback pump track on clam blitz if you put both inkmines a little bit in front of the goal, you are mostly likely guarentee to splat players, it works most times even through bubblers and made me very, VERY happy

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Looks like this week's weapon came early. That's a surprise. As a fan of Tentamissiles and Beakons, I've gotta try this out

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Yeah, the new Octobrush is pretty good; good specials and the range is nice too.

Definately a weapon you can use in competetive matches.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm really hoping to eventually get a mid-range weapon with Beakons, they can afford a lack of a bomb in it's set to make use of Beakons.

Cyan

Inkling Commander

A weapon I’ve actually been looking forward to! Shame about the Inkjet being on it though, wish I could swap the specials of the vanilla and D. Won’t use the special too much but the burst cancel stuff is too good to pass up, maybe a weapon with enough viability to remain relevant longer than its first 48hrs of release.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was hoping its alt kit would have Burst Bomb like in S1, but it's too bad it has the Inkjet. I'll give it a try, but the regular version has a good sub AND special, so I'm not sure how much I'll end up playing it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Another old main returns! And just like with the Slosher Deco, it comes after the special is no longer as OP, curses! I think the Inkjet is still good though, just requires more accuracy. Now to decide if it's really worth all that Ink Saver Sub for 3 bombs at once, urk. What was it that caused Nintendo to make this nerf, another indirect hit to Splattershot?

I'm really hoping to eventually get a mid-range weapon with Beakons, they can afford a lack of a bomb in it's set to make use of Beakons.
We already have Tenta Brella though. :L

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Oh geeze, so I gifted myself Mario Odyssey, got hooked, and am sooooo rusty and out of the loop! I've missed the last two new weapons. Halp! So.....I gather the clams and bring them back to my spawn, right? :confused:

I'm probably the only madman in this world who's kinda looking forward to the Custom Goo Tuber lol
Yes. Yes you are. :P

JUST got to S+ in clam blitz....while using the
CE-liter and SJ, sub up and stealth jump
And we were all there cheering you on, and there was cake.

And then you woke up. :D

I have a friend that keeps telling me how OP chargers are and they dominate the game.....and it's just so hard to stop laughing so hard. Dear Abbey, what do I do?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

A weapon I’ve actually been looking forward to! Shame about the Inkjet being on it though, wish I could swap the specials of the vanilla and D. Won’t use the special too much but the burst cancel stuff is too good to pass up, maybe a weapon with enough viability to remain relevant longer than its first 48hrs of release.
Another one of my old favs returns, burst cancelling with an old main should be fun, but there is no Kraken anymore.....(rip Kraken 2015-2017)

Also burst bomb into inkjet splash can also now be a thing :scared:

Also @Green Waffles Haaavvveeee you met the Splattershot?
:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Another one of my old favs returns, burst cancelling with an old main should be fun, but there is no Kraken anymore.....(rip Kraken 2015-2017)

Also burst bomb into inkjet splash can also now be a thing :scared:

Also @Green Waffles Haaavvveeee you met the Splattershot?
:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Is that the gear most Splattershots go with? Or what most people use to avoid them?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Most splattershor I meet use this gear, those who got against mainly a mixture of bomb defense and swim speed or just don't care and wipe then everytime they approach, like I do :cool:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, guess I get to announce the two items, yes? I sure you've heard about them elsewhere but I'm gonna post them here too. :p

First splatfest of the new year is next week, Action vs Comedy. And it seems like it'll be global. :scared:

Meanwhile, it looks like we'll finally be getting the green and pink joycons this month in the NoA region--but Nintendo is gonna Nintendo :rolleyes:, so unlike every other region and all Splatoon 2 bundles with green left and pink right joycons, NoA will have pink left and green right joycons! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom