Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The pro is certainly an interesting weapon, forcing the team to play around this weapon to get the most value from it.
Point sensor now has a lingering effect which mean players will have to be aware of it where it landed or they will be found.
The ink cloud will force the enemy team to move, and if coordinated team push can clear out an enemy team (this set is great for rainmaker).
All this with l the Pro's range make it a firece weapon in competitive Splatoon (...aka on of Dudes favs)
However the vanilla octobrush will probably be my go to, but this will be a close se

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Leronne all I is the L-3 or it's variant better have burst bombs....

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Anyone else suppose that the lack of an always visible map and addition of weapon icons for each squid icon on the HUD is partly why the revamped point sensor and disruptor are stationary AOE weapons now?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
As no-one else seems to have reported on it, here's a small glimpse of the Salmon Run HUD:

upload_2017-6-7_17-53-50.png

This comes from the Switch Summer trailer recently released by Nintendo of America. It shows Wave 2 and 56 (most likely enemies left in the wave) and Quota with a gold sphere and 5/8 denoting how many Golden Power Eggs have been collected. Just slightly underneath that you can see 4 Inkling icons, each with a weapon (Splattershot, Splat Charger, Splat Roller and Splat Dualies). There's a double icon in the top right by the special meter, which I can only assume to be a life count, so maybe the amount of times a teammate can be respawned by a life preserver ring is limited, although whether that's going to tie in per wave or the entire round is another question entirely. It could also mean that when a teammate runs out of "lives" they won't be allowed to return until the wave is complete or everyone is splatted. Aside from that guess for the top right, the only other obeservation is that the ink colour is now purple as opposed to orange in the reveal trailer, so they could have changed it to make it contrast better, or the team's ink is randomly picked from a set of 3 or 4 against the Salmonid Green. It also shows that big Salmonid that leaps out the ink and snaps up any Inkling in its radius (much like the Octomaw boss fight in Splatoon 1). Not much to note on this aside from this screen at the end (where the Switch slides in the dock and the screen turns off), but the trailer footage for Splatoon 2 shows off a bit more of Humpback Pump Track and the Splattershot appears to have Burst Bomb/Splashdown as its kit whilst the Dualies has Burst Bomb/Tenta Missiles for now, although these are very much subject to change.

That aside, the Splattershot's variant is still Tentatek branded, as seen in the Splat Chat video:
upload_2017-6-7_18-4-12.png

It's a little hard to see but the logo is very much Tentatek, but the weapon seems to be identical to the normal one (they never show the actual weapon). In the same footage they also showed the Pink Team as having a Splattershot Pro (which we know about since it got unveiled today), so there's a big chance that the Tentatek is in the E3 build and playable, but it might not be and we'll just get the Slosher, Heavy Splatling and maybe a new unannounced weapon type (to bring the total weapons up to 10 for the demo). Just some interesting observations I noticed from the recent videos released by Nintendo.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is "dynamo roller". It is a roller type with a slow swing but a wide range of ink attacks. Because the vertical swing reaches quite afar, it seems that we can keep checking the far distance partner who was not good at the time. Sub is "trap", special is "hyper presser".
This is a "trap". It is a sub weapon which is set in the foot ink and explodes when the opponent approaches. Although it appeared continuously from the previous work, it became possible to put two at a time, there is also the effect of marking the partner involved in the explosion. Since it is no longer possible to activate in time, it seems possible to use various ways.
Special weapon "hyper presser" which could also be used at the preceding trial session. It is now possible to fire super high pressure ink only while ZR is pressed. You can quickly move the aim as long as it is not firing, and you can also see the other silhouette behind the cabin by a newly installed sensor.
This is a "sharp marker". The range is somewhat short, but it has high shot performance and accuracy. Also, the initial speed of the ink to shoot is fairly fast, and the time from firing to landing is short. Let 's hit a high - precision shooting like a laser beam. Sub is "poison mist", special is "jet pack".

So now we're up to six explosive subweapons. This is shaping up to be a very bombastic sequel.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
As an inkbrush user...I'm eyeing the Inkmine and thinking "Whaaaat??".

Placing 2 mines at a time is going to be SO much better- but whats with the "marking the partner inkolved in the explosion"? Does it act like a hidden point sensor this way too, if the enemy sets off the mine but avoids being splatted by it? If so...then that is going to be very interesting for me- both on my end and against an enemys inkmine.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
This is a "sharp marker". The range is somewhat short, but it has high shot performance and accuracy. Also, the initial speed of the ink to shoot is fairly fast, and the time from firing to landing is short. Let 's hit a high - precision shooting like a laser beam. Sub is "poison mist", special is "jet pack".
Yes!!! My baby is back. Poison mist could work well together with the Inkjet. I hope the neo variant has burst bomb. That was honesty the best sub it could get since it helped with it's low range and its sometimes (compared to other weapons) slow kill time.

The stingray also got a really really nice buff, i really want to use it now.

The inkmine got a nice buff with being able to place 2 (was hoping for 3 :p) but i really need a good english translation to know what those other changes are.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Wait....... ink mine is back? Thought it was replaced with autobomb at first, but this is even better, more "mine games", and less predictably, plus I know EVERYONE is excited to see 8 ink mines on tower control right?

I am curious to see which weapons this is added to this time around... plus the buff to the stingray should make it more viable.
@Leronne also yes plz for the splash o matic though honestly this setup should be very effective at continuous pressure and all around pestering the enemy team, I can't wait

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Well glad to know i wasn't crazy.. Nice to see the mine back I loved this with almost any weapon to cover your back feel that Chargers get the most benefit from them. ( but I rarely used the charger. No flogging please).

I'm super excited to see what they show off at E3, If i had to guess LAN mode in action (for the tournament), A(some) brand new map(s), More weapon confirmation, Local multiplayer ( if any Form of split screen exists). After E3 we will be just a month and change, From getting Fresh and taking names.....

What team will everyone be cheering for in the Splatoon 2 Invitational?
for me it will be Japan's Team Dynameu. I wish all the competitors Good luck and zero Lag.

Also that sick Splatoon 2 Pro Controller coming to North America

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
plus I know EVERYONE is excited to see 8 ink mines on tower control right?
It's bad, this is the first thing I thought as well. I always loved placing Ink mines on tower control, but with the limit of 1 per user it made avoiding it TOO easy. Two however...hahah. This sub weapon is going to be alot more fun now.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Oh, and Splatoon US doing some good: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161583269969/this-is-the-dynamo-roller-high-strength-and-long

Let's see what they say about the Ink Mines, in their next post. I hope that them doubling as point sensors for failed splats is true.

EDIT: Wait a minute...

..Is that a horizontal swing in midair??? Will that mean that Dynamos use horizontal air swings like Splatoon 1, while the rest do vertical??

EDIT 2: Looking closer..I see evidence of an vertical swing. Maybe this a jump AFTER the start of a slow swing while standing?

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Dynamo vertical flick confirmed!?! Splatcharger range or bust! Will a new hybrid roll-sniper sub-class emerge?

I know EVERYONE is excited to see 8 ink mines on tower control right?
Which is something I often jokingly predicted if we ever got ink mine rush. Now imagine 8 mines in or around the splat zone you want to capture. "Screw you, it's our zone. Period!"

So now we're up to six explosive subweapons. This is shaping up to be a very bombastic sequel.
Developer 1: Even buffed the data shows no one uses the bomb sniffer gear. *tears up*
Developer 2: *claps D1 on back* Do not worry my friend. My bomb rush blush special will not return, but I know how to solve both our problems.
D1: *sniffs* How so?
D2: More bombs. *pans hand over horizon* Bombs for days! We give everyone bombs! The Infinite Tears of Heaven shall continue to flow, bomb sniffer will become a boon, and we'll have it on any gear not just shoes!
D1: *dries eyes* Yes. Yes! We'll make the bombs better. We'll have new bombs. Even the sprinklers will be bombs! And bomb sniffer gear will have a purpose! *clinches fist*

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm so conflicted on the Splash kit. On one hand I absolutely love the Toxic Mist sub, on the other hand, it has Inkjet, a special I'm REALLY not keen on. I got into the Splash on the damage buff from 26.0 to 28.0 (still didn't full on main it), then used it a fair bit more and even in Ranked with the range buff it received as its last balance patch. Even when we had the dubious Sheldon's Picks "leak" I was hoping to get a Splash with Bubbler on it and maybe the Splat Bomb, but sadly we got nothing and the one that had the better sub was just overshadowed by the Tentatek, a weapon with more range, faster strafe and better TTK. This is going to be a really good support weapon, its turfing is great and it can be everywhere, throwing 2 Toxic Mists (it appears to have 40% ink usage on the sub) and zoning out the enemy for your team to help with assists and getting the upper hand. Once the game is out I'm going to put the time into learning how to use Inkjet efficiently and well (as opposed to ignoring it entirely), because I feel this could be a pretty fun weapon that has some sort of place in the meta, but we'll have to see how it turns out once it releases. I already have evil ideas with this weapon, throw 2 Toxic Mists out to force the enemy out, activate the Inkjet and hide, then pop up and shoot them right in the face :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom