Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Not sure how I feel about an ink hungry bomb paired with a brella. At least with how I use brella. Maybe with ink management and the bomb's long fuse I can limit someone's movements or trap them? *shrug*

I'll figure something out with my usual amount of (in)competence. *dons respawn punisher training gear* Shame we didn't get a chance to guess the weekend weapon for maybe the final time. Unless they begin releasing weapon bunches in May or June.

Cool to see the Sorella Brella, but I just can't find myself enjoying the Splat Brella anymore after the Undercover Brella came out. That has to be the one and only weapon that is made completely obsolete IMO by another weapon. Well, that, and the Splatterscope is completely useless.
522.jpg
I understand that's opinion, but I'm still left going "Huh?"

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Not sure how I feel about an ink hungry bomb paired with a brella. At least with how I use brella. Maybe with ink management and the bomb's long fuse I can limit someone's movements or trap them? *shrug*
I already look to run a decent amount of ink saver sub when I'm geared for the splat brella. Sprinkler isn't exactly forgiving on the ink tank.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Sprinkler isn't exactly forgiving on the ink tank.
This is very true, but how often do we throw a sprinkler at someone or into a fight, or plop one down then rush into the fray? =p

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
True, but the spirit of ink conservation is still there. Maybe I've just become overly paranoid of dive attempts in those precious moments between placing a defensive sprinkler, and reloading.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Cool to see the Sorella Brella, but I just can't find myself enjoying the Splat Brella anymore after the Undercover Brella came out. That has to be the one and only weapon that is made completely obsolete IMO by another weapon. Well, that, and the Splatterscope is completely useless.
I have a buddy who plays the undercover, and I love playing with him. He doesn’t get a ton of kills, but I kill so much while he’s blocking for me. It’s the best.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I understand that's opinion, but I'm still left going "Huh?"
Well, the way I see it, the scope doesn't make it easier to hit someone, but it DOES limit your visibility very much. So, in other words, it's pointless.

Now, for the Eliter I can see a scope being of use, but if there's any weapon I don't want to touch with a ten feet pole it's the Eliter.
Shame we didn't get a chance to guess the weekend weapon for maybe the final time. Unless they begin releasing weapon bunches in May or June.
Considering the update hits in late April, and the patch notes imply these monthly weapon drops will start with the update, that probably means we got a few weeks left of having an increasingly smaller pool of weapons to pick from but still guessing incorrectly.
This is very true, but how often do we throw a sprinkler at someone or into a fight, or plop one down then rush into the fray?
Yeah, if there's one sub I don't take ink efficiency into account it's the Sprinkler.

Reactions: the

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Splatoon 2 update 3.0.1: Thrown sprinkler causes 10 points of damage when thrown directly at enemy player.

*drops sprinkler mic*

BOOM! Done! Nintendo, hire me!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'm surprised it doesn't already do that, like you're throwing a hunk of metal at someone. Liquid body or not that'll hurt lol

Maave

Inkling Commander
I got into a charger standoff with a splatling and he jumped up and down. Could it be my long-lost jumping charger buddy from Splatoon 1?! That was my most memorable moment from Splatoon 1. He's Japanese and sent a friend request immediately after the match. I hope it's the same guy.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I think one of the aerosprays has suction bombs + curling launcher. But there definitely aren’t many of this type of set!

I’m kinda bummed that the previously datamined toxic mist was switched to autobomb (which i’m not a fan of) but i’ll still give it a try! I’ll never know if an autobomb weapon will click with me unless I check it out.
Oh, true, that’s the MG. Is there any other with both Suction/Auto/Splat Bombs though?

the

Inkling Commander
Yknow i was just thinking: do you guys think clam blitz should have even been a ranked mode? It’s rather difficult to play as a team in solo and it’s pretty unpredictable; I was thinking they maybe should have had it rotate out with turf war in regular battle. That way people also might not be so critical of it (or at least no more critical than they are of turf war)

Also @Dewnose can’t think of any off the top of my head, no

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Yknow i was just thinking: do you guys think clam blitz should have even been a ranked mode? It’s rather difficult to play as a team in solo and it’s pretty unpredictable; I was thinking they maybe should have had it rotate out with turf war in regular battle. That way people also might not be so critical of it (or at least no more critical than they are of turf war)
I don't hate this idea. I also feel like turf wars should be a league mode. So having 5 modes in league, 3 in ranked and 2 in regular isn't a bad mix.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Clam Blitz is hard without player communication, but not impossible. I've had games where everyone managed to be coordinated just because they were all on the same page.

A collection-based Regular game wouldn't be bad, but it would have to be very different. Coordination would be even lower, after all, and the "goalie" role will typically go unfilled. Maybe eliminate the footballs and just let people chuck their own clams into the basket all day long. You could make it more dynamic by having the basket move around (like the egg basket in Salmon Run but with more locations), or by having the clam basket be in the dead center but have the clams spawn only around the perimeter.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Clam Blitz is hard without player communication, but not impossible. I've had games where everyone managed to be coordinated just because they were all on the same page.

A collection-based Regular game wouldn't be bad, but it would have to be very different. Coordination would be even lower, after all, and the "goalie" role will typically go unfilled. Maybe eliminate the footballs and just let people chuck their own clams into the basket all day long. You could make it more dynamic by having the basket move around (like the egg basket in Salmon Run but with more locations), or by having the clam basket be in the dead center but have the clams spawn only around the perimeter.
I like this better than the original clam blitz already, and I kind of like clams.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Clam Blitz solo is kinda fun when you just treat it as a deathmatch mode. Run around the map, kill players, get clams. The offensive and defensive pushes are impossible without VC. I see solo CB as more of a fun novelty than anything else.
Also, new map and weapon in a few minutes, right? Can't wait to hop back on Piranha Pit. *Crosses fingers for NA Splatfest announcement too*

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Baseball vs Soccer is US Splatfest.
LOL WUT

Though technically it's all the Americas, and Australia,... guess it's finally our time to get the NoE Splatfest treatment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom