Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
From footage the map seems respectable enough. The spawns are right next to each other but getting from one to the other will actually take quite some time. Even if the enemy reaches your base, height advantage and uninkable floors should work in your favor. I atleast am looking to forward to playing on it next month!

Before that though, incase we get 3.0 this week here's a list of changes I'm hoping the patch notes brings!

Squeezer:
-Increased painting ability

Dynamo Roller:
-Increased painting ability

Flingza Roller:
-Increased vertical flick speed

Glooga Dualies:
-Separated reticles dmg per shot 36 → 44, combined dmg 52.5 → 60.5
"Now a combination of shots from both modes results in a 2 hit, I always found it awkward that they didn't do so. This also helps make the weapon a bit less pitiful at max range"

Tenta Brella:
-Less start-up/end lag
-Increased ranged where it can deal maximum damage (overall range unchanged)
-Increased ink efficiency
"Basically the same buffs it previously got, but once more!"

Undercover Brella:
-Min dmg per shot 10 → 12/max dmg 40 → 48
-Shield a tad more durable
-Shield regenerates faster
"Should make splats more consistent especially with shield ramming."

Splash Wall:
-Ink tank cost reduced to 60%
"Tis what it was in Splatoon 1. This sub hasn't made much impact so I think we can give that back."

Ink Mine:
-Deployable mines at once 2 → 3
OR
-Blast dmg 35 → 45, tag dmg 20 → 30, tracking time 5s → 8s
"Quanity or quality. Eitherway it should make the sub more impactful during a match."

Tentamissles:
-Teammates can also see the targeting reticles as you can.

Haunt:
-Instead of previous effect, tags enemy who splatted you for 8s.
"Worked fine like this in the first game."

Thermal Ink:
-Active regardless of how close the enemy is. Cold-Blooded instead reduces effect duration. (Stingray Thermal unchanged)
"Never understood why the enemy has to be a certain distance away. This should make it much more useful."

Mr.HawK

The Artist

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

apparently one of the notes for stingray is mistranslated, if you use stingray in spawn the bubble will now push you out of the spawn barrier
Also the 10% damage reduction is.... unfortunately not much. stingray normally killed at 50 frames, this change just makes it kill approximately 5 frames slower.
good.png

No matter how it's translated, I may love the special but the invincible sting ray tactic was BS and deserved to die.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Dang, I'm actually surprised to see this suddenly drop. I was expecting a mini direct, or some lead-up. But hey, I'm hyped! Heh, guess it's time for me to finally put down Mario Odyssey for one second and begin my climb to Rank X. It's gonna be a long ride with my Zink Splatling getting a nerf.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Sting Ray's killing spawn? That'd ruin, well, everything. Someone at Nintendo done goofed. Also heyo, look at this:

• When a player has reached X Rank in the Ranked Battle mode they are currently playing pressing in the L and R sticks at the same time while in the lobby will cause the player to strike a special pose.
This sounds potentially adorable.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I was expecting more changes to main weapons, but we did get a few unique buffs to gear abilities, so that's good too.
Still hoping tetra endlag gets decreased at some point.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
220 for Slosher Deco jesus! That plus Sprinkler nerf means I might have to swap out some special power for special charge if I notice a significant decrease in Ballers per game, but man essentially 4 mains of special power gave Baller an ideal amount of range. Could drop swim speed instead, but mah swag tinted shades! Ah the struggle, I blame Japan for this!

Anyway, I'm more looking forward to the Tenta Sorella Brella and Glooga Dualies Deco, but nothing for the Undercover? Inkmine got buffed, but not exactly the effectiveness buff I wanted. Ability changes aren't that great either, I mean the additional effects for Drop Roller and Opening Gambit are interesting, but probably not enough to make a difference. Overall pretty meh patch notes imo, but I'm looking forward to all the new gear and Rank X!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A tad underwhelming overall (e.g. chargers can now most definitely, certainly, absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of any doubt... ink their feet every time!) but some interesting gems in here as well, like modifying the explosion radius of the curling bombs when playing with their fuses (am I the only one who already does that?). But I wasn't expecting much anyway, such as thermal ink and haunt still feeling forgettable. However I'm sure everyone can find at least something to enjoy—my drop roller buffed charger/brush/blaster screams "FUR THA LULZ!!!"

When a player has reached X Rank in the Ranked Battle mode they are currently playing pressing in the L and R sticks at the same time while in the lobby will cause the player to strike a special pose.
So it is possible for them to give us emotes!! *sigh* Now I really have to stop playing with my toes and truly git gud...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, past drama/nonsense aside.
Info for all, courtesy of the friendly and sharing soul that brought us the original(and highly accurate) weapon kits leak!

A few new main weapons(not new weapon classes) that are buried in the files and probably highly experimental. As no models were found (to my knowledge) this stuff is highly tentative and may never see the light of day, officially, in game.
anyways, for those of us used to this sort of data news, this disclaimer is unnecessary.
(also direct quotes will be in blue text) ON TO THE DATA

Bathtub,
a possible "heavy" slosher.
"it looks like it can deal 60dmg.
Range is around the same as vanilla slosher, but slightly less.
Can deal 140dmg with a "direct" and is slow"

A Hydra and an inkstorm had a baby, and their child is
The downpour splatling
"new splatling frame data (compared to heavy and hydra splatlings)
Charge time:
Heavy 1st
(circle): 50
Heavy 2nd circle: 75
Downpour 1st: 60
Downpour 2nd: 90
hydra 1st: 120
hydra 2nd: 150

Shoot time:
heavy 1st: 72
heavy 2nd: 144
Downpour 1st: 105
Downpour 2nd: 210
hydra 1st: 120
hydra 2nd: 240

Frames between shots:
Heavy: 4
Downpour: 3
Hydra: 4"

And last,
a splatling that can hold a charge, the same as unscoped chargers. . .
The Seiren
"Range seems to be a placeholder, its the same as Heavy rn
Shoot velocity
Heavy: 21 units/frame
Seiren: 19.5 units/frame
Dmg is 28 (for both)

Charge time:
Heavy 1st: 50
Heavy 2nd circle: 75
Seiren 1st: 50
Seiren 2nd: 75

Shoot time:
heavy 1st: 72 heavy 2nd: 144
seiren 1st: 60 seiren 2nd: 120
this is the interesting part same charge time but less range/shoot duration but instead charge hold.

(Why) cant goo tuber (have these stats)?"

And here are the kits the data had,
again, VERY susceptible to change(or never appear, if the weapons get axed)
as with any of this secret experimental stuff, really.
upload_2018-4-24_1-34-38.png

And that is all they shared (for now)
If the person leaks more, and no one else shares it here, I'll post again.
If y'all want to make a separate thread for this leak type stuff, I'll leave that to you guys.

EDIT: well I tried to post during the backup, and SplatoonJP posted this while I waited so here it is too
for those interested in official weapon releases

have fun with information overload =3

Anyways, back out of your hair, peace.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Where did they find that data on those weapons? 3.0 isn't out yet.
And are those weapons all gonna drop tomorrow? I figured weapons would drop at the beginning of each month. Makes me wonder if the only-5-stage thing for Ranked will start tomorrow as well...

Anyway, interesting to see some abilities have some unique changes, though they still didn't make them worth using IMO. Opening Gambit especially has a nice change, but it won't make me use it.
Weird that they felt the need to make the Slosher Deco go from 200 to 220. I don't really mind, since I rarely end up with less than 1000pts with it anyway, and the Baller isn't the kind of special I end up using asap when I get it anyway.
No matter how it's translated, I may love the special but the invincible sting ray tactic was BS and deserved to die.
How often does that scenario occur though? Someone using the Sting Ray in Spawn is either too far away to be killed, or is already getting spawn camped. I mean, you can still do anything else in spawn, so why not the Sting Ray?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Where did they find that data on those weapons? 3.0 isn't out yet.
And are those weapons all gonna drop tomorrow? I figured weapons would drop at the beginning of each month. Makes me wonder if the only-5-stage thing for Ranked will start tomorrow as well...

Anyway, interesting to see some abilities have some unique changes, though they still didn't make them worth using IMO. Opening Gambit especially has a nice change, but it won't make me use it.
Weird that they felt the need to make the Slosher Deco go from 200 to 220. I don't really mind, since I rarely end up with less than 1000pts with it anyway, and the Baller isn't the kind of special I end up using asap when I get it anyway.
How often does that scenario occur though? Someone using the Sting Ray in Spawn is either too far away to be killed, or is already getting spawn camped. I mean, you can still do anything else in spawn, so why not the Sting Ray?
Yes the Stage pool starts with 3.0.0, and we have the maps for the month here:

Triggerfish being in all 4 is understandable as it’s a new map and needs the limelight, but I’m not overly impressed at the way the split has been done. Overall I like the look of Zones, Tower and Rainmaker’s pool (lack of Starfish is a huge win), but I’m not convinced so far. Time will tell before we know how well this will work, but it isn’t entirely promising.

Sting Ray spawn use is a bit of a problem, it may be a niche thing but people stack Special Saver so high that when they die their meter is still pretty full and the auto-charge Ranked mechanic enables them to more or less instantly use it after respawning. You also have the (rather questionable) decision where people jump to spawn to use Sting Ray so this stamps it out.

Those weapons are dropping tomorrow so that’s the end of weekly weapon updates on Fridays. The way the devs are changing it is so with each Rank X reset you’ll get a new map and the weapons for the month, so as this one starts early because of the patch you get it now, next weapon drop will be end of May/start of June.

As for the patch notes nothing too exciting. Drop Roller is interesting and the 96 buff with the Splash Wall changes should be huge for the 96 Deco, so I’ll be diving back into that weapon when this hits. Maybe this update will be what gets me back into the game for regular play. So exciting update tomorrow followed by a month of waiting for new content and a balance patch. This is going to be an interesting time for sure.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh goody, they put the majority of my favorite SZ maps in one rotation. That'll be fun next rotation. I mean, something like that was bound to happen. But I guess I better play two months worth of SZ now.
Sting Ray spawn use is a bit of a problem, it may be a niche thing but people stack Special Saver so high that when they die their meter is still pretty full and the auto-charge Ranked mechanic enables them to more or less instantly use it after respawning. You also have the (rather questionable) decision where people jump to spawn to use Sting Ray so this stamps it out.
Most of the time when you do something in or near spawn, there's no one around. So, this doesn't really stamp that out at all. I mean, I'm fine with this change, I don't care, but it's rather pointless IMO.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
A tad underwhelming overall (e.g. chargers can now most definitely, certainly, absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of any doubt... ink their feet every time!) but some interesting gems in here as well, like modifying the explosion radius of the curling bombs when playing with their fuses (am I the only one who already does that?). But I wasn't expecting much anyway, such as thermal ink and haunt still feeling forgettable. However I'm sure everyone can find at least something to enjoy—my drop roller buffed charger/brush/blaster screams "FUR THA LULZ!!!"

So it is possible for them to give us emotes!! *sigh* Now I really have to stop playing with my toes and truly git gud...
Lame that it only works in the lobby though, would be kinda neat to show off during Turf War/Salmon Run.

Oh goody, they put the majority of my favorite SZ maps in one rotation. That'll be fun next rotation. I mean, something like that was bound to happen. But I guess I better play two months worth of SZ now.
Most of the time when you do something in or near spawn, there's no one around. So, this doesn't really stamp that out at all. I mean, I'm fine with this change, I don't care, but it's rather pointless IMO.
For the most part it wont change much, but atleast spawn Stingray can be hindered now by Tenta Missles, enemy Stingrays, and base raiders.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Counter-sting rays. This stamps out the way counter-sting rays could get negated.

the

Inkling Commander
Is the dynamo’s change that painting buff everyone was asking for? If so that’s cool. Also the flingza roller hitbox buff should be interesting, I’ve been having fun with that weapon recently

Regardless, bold move of nintendo to still not buff respawn punisher or eliter in any meaningful way

After reading all that I was very salty when the last two things on there were comeback and ninja squid nerfs

Splash wall and other subweapon buffs are cool tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom