Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Nonono, this mode will probably be changed so that if team A moves it toward their own goal, no points are scored until team B shoots ink at it.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
I certainly hope they make it so that people can't score their own knockouts, or against themselves at all. All it would take is no matter what, a bullet of ink that would score against itself just won't push the ball. That only means you can't move the ball into a position that will advance the enemy's marker. Moving it backwards in enemy territory is fine (for example, if you decide to take a different route to the goal), you just won't be able to push it past where the other team has scored. You also probably just shouldn't be able to push the ball into your own territory past a reasonable point, even after the enemy has scored there, to stop trolls screwing their team over while still letting players who are playing for real take the ball down whatever path they want.

They had better do something about ranked mode availability though. Since they have 6 ranked modes counting these datamined ones, adding another ranked rotation would give each mode the same average intervals in between availability as the three initial ones had, so I see no reason why not to.
The only problem I can see with the “Don’t register shots that would score against yourself” is that, much like you may want to retreat to find a new way to approach, people might need to retreat with the ball to break out of the base to come back from a near-knockout. Having full maneuverability of the ball would probably be best, but I agree that one’s own team shouldn’t be able to self knockout

Nonono, this mode will probably be changed so that if team A moves it toward their own goal, no points are scored until team B shoots ink at it.
Yeah, that’s how rainmaker works, right?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, but the rainmaker is in possession of someone.

I think it could be interesting if you could accidentally score points for the other team.
After all, plenty of sports work like that IRL.

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah, but the rainmaker is in possession of someone.

I think it could be interesting if you could accidentally score points for the other team.
After all, plenty of sports work like that IRL.
I’m just worried about people who hate fun having another way to sabotage their team

Then again, even if they couldn’t score against themselves, all it would take is the enemy taking possession of the ball to count all the points against them, so it’s probably an inevitability of this kinda mode...

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I’m just worried about people who hate fun having another way to sabotage their team

Then again, even if they couldn’t score against themselves, all it would take is the enemy taking possession of the ball to count all the points against them, so it’s probably an inevitability of this kinda mode...
This is why my point above would make sense, but if that doesn't happen, getting out of c- - a- will be heck as one of my friends said.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
How much ink? Letting a single bullet score for the enemy team would still let trolls be a significant problem, but if it took a lot of ink, say, a rainmaker shield's worth to take control of the ball, or if it was proportionate to how many points the enemy would score by taking control, that might be enough to fix it.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean, you can already squidbag around and spam super-jump to teammates to ruin others fun. I doubt this will prompt a whole new group of people to become trolls. How often to people just run with the Rainmaker to waste time? I haven't seen that.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
How much ink? Letting a single bullet score for the enemy team would still let trolls be a significant problem, but if it took a lot of ink, say, a rainmaker shield's worth to take control of the ball, or if it was proportionate to how many points the enemy would score by taking control, that might be enough to fix it.
I mean any form of Team B's ink, be it a drop from a jr. or a Splashdown.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just like in soccer, if you accidentally get the ball in your own goal, that's just you screwing up.

Similarly, if the 8-ball ever finds it way near your goal, you have to be careful.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm hoping they'll announce that they're gonna support it with new content even after the Octo Expansion. Maybe they'll show off the Octo Expansion some more too, but I hope not, because I'd rather see new stuff during an E3 direct.

Cephalobro

I'm hoping they show some more new Octoling hairstyles, at least a confirmation that Octolings won't end up with only two each when the expansion releases.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I mean, they'd need some more stuff than just that.
And I don't know how much else there really is they can show about the Octo Expansion that is E3-worthy.

The thing that would make Nintendo instantly win 2018's E3 would to announce a Sprinkler buff, though.

Cephalobro

They can say that it will be available after the Direct, Nintendo has been doing a lot with this method lately. Breath of the Wild Champions' Ballad being a prime example with this. But I doubt they will do that with Octo Expansion.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, it doesn't have a release date yet IIRC, but I thought they said July, so I don't think so.

The It's-available-after-this-presentation game might be (at least) Fortnite, unfortunately, since that's been leaked (rumoured?) to release today. That would be quite lame considering that's something that already exists for other platforms, but at least then the people begging for Fortnite on the plaza will go away.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I don't think there'll be much: a release date of the Octo Expansion and some content clips, what the Off the Hook amiibo do/possess, maybe a glimpse of brand new weapons and the rumored new mode.

I've got candyland dreams of what else Splatoon related I'd like to see, but I'll take what we can get. Hopefully after least they'll give us some more concrete details of the paid online though.

Nonetheless my curiosity keeps me excited this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom