Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
IMO
:ability_damage: and :ability_defenseup: are fine, the crazy kinks have been removed long ago. (I'm looking at YOU :wst_shot_expshort00: and :wst_charge_long00:)
No damage up will make me a little sad since 99.9 damage boozles and rapids will go away, but I suppose I'd still manage w/o =[

PS: I am really glad the US tumblr is back on the tredmill with churning out news updates in a timely fashion. If y'all are reading, good job, keep it up!

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm sure the damage up and defense up wilp remain in the final cut.

Otherwise blaster mains, charger mains, and gals-for-lifers would riot in the plaza.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm sure the damage up and defense up wilp remain in the final cut.

Otherwise blaster mains, charger mains, and gals-for-lifers would riot in the plaza.
And the problem here is...? :D
More damage consistency would be wonderful. Lag added enough RNG variance in the first game without gear being a factor.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I ques we need to wait for the full game to be released to be sure but, the ability's seem a hell lot more balanced.
Especially if damage and defense up are removed imo.
Also, seemly no stealth jump ability?
I personally hope it isn't returning, it feels too powerful and 'unfair', especially with randoms.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, it won't be a major issue if stealth jump returns, now that quick respawn is tweaked/nerfed.
I wouldn't mind at all if stealth jump returns.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well, it won't be a major issue if stealth jump returns, now that quick respawn is tweaked/nerfed.
I wouldn't mind at all if stealth jump returns.
I use stealth jump and never relied on quick respawn- yes, call me crazy. So I really do hope for its return.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
stealth jump is powerful even without quik respawn.
I must admit i sometimes use it myself and did some crazy things with it, usually tricking the enemy by jumping to teammates deep in the enemy base and flanking them.
personally, its makes super jumping too powerful and safe to use, since the ability takes away what balances SJ imo.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Okay so I am really happy with the sub ability up, epecially in that it increases inkmine radius, this can better catch people off guard, quick respawns make me very relieved since the longer you endure the less useful it is and will cause people who are better at surviving to use abilities to better fit their use.

Lastly, I wonder how cold blooded will work so far we only have, point sensor and the ability of the inkmine to track opponents, so it is likely some form of haunt and/or echolocator will return to the game or else this will be very pointless
Also @SquidKid85 if you die easily, are ok with slow swim speed, and in spite of that manage to take back the tower in TC I won't judge .
Personally I will be favoring mobility, sub ability up, and ink resistance.
Altough special up and special chrg up does sound pretty good also

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Does it make me a bad person that my 3 main gear abilities are Quick Respawn, Ninja Squid, and Stealth Jump? Lol.
Normally I'd say, "Sure why not. You bad. You evil. You nasty~," but like as @Creator438 pointed out, pretty much everyone is all aboard that DamageUp QuickRespawn StealthJump salttrain. So you're just a normal, average person.

I hardly ever see another Ninja Squid other than myself, especially during bamboolzer lulz night. I see Comebacks and Defense Up stacking more than I see other Ninja Squids!

(That amiibo ninja outfit better have Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump or I riot!)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I ques we need to wait for the full game to be released to be sure but, the ability's seem a hell lot more balanced.
Especially if damage and defense up are removed imo.
Also, seemly no stealth jump ability?
I personally hope it isn't returning, it feels too powerful and 'unfair', especially with randoms.
I don't think they're removed, just split up as Sub Defense Up likely indicates, since it'd be pretty useless if there's no way to strengthen Sub Weapons namely Burst Bombs. There's gotta be a Sub Damage Up, and there'll likely be Main Defense Up and Main Damage Up too, otherwise R.I.P. Rapid Blasters. :L

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I don't think they're removed, just split up as Sub Defense Up likely indicates, since it'd be pretty useless if there's no way to strengthen Sub Weapons namely Burst Bombs. There's gotta be a Sub Damage Up, and there'll likely be Main Defense Up and Main Damage Up too, otherwise R.I.P. Rapid Blasters. :L
Yeah, probably split up.
also would make sense with the current sub ability's we've seen.
unless, sub efficiency up increases the damage of certain subs, but i'll doubt it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Some early bird morning tweets from Splatoon JP:
Google Translate:
I noticed that an unfamiliar indication was appearing during the match, and as a result I found out that this is a mark that will be displayed when I cooperate with my colleagues and pass the partner.
For example, it will be displayed when a friend touched a person who damaged himself.

Google Translate:
On the competition result screen, in addition to displaying the total number of times you cooperated with your friends and others, the number of times you used specials is displayed.
By the way, it seems that there is a separate method for seeing the number that was overwritten and the same number as the previous work.

Hmm, interesting stuff. I like it.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Some early bird morning tweets from Splatoon JP:
Google Translate:
I noticed that an unfamiliar indication was appearing during the match, and as a result I found out that this is a mark that will be displayed when I cooperate with my colleagues and pass the partner.
For example, it will be displayed when a friend touched a person who damaged himself.

Google Translate:
On the competition result screen, in addition to displaying the total number of times you cooperated with your friends and others, the number of times you used specials is displayed.
By the way, it seems that there is a separate method for seeing the number that was overwritten and the same number as the previous work.

Hmm, interesting stuff. I like it.
Aw yeah.
This schould make analyzing playstyles that bit more easy.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom