Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Personally, I think that a decent buff for the Tenta Missiles would be for them to show your teammates the enemy position from when you are locking on to when the missiles are about to land on the opponents. This means for the entirety for the duration of the special, whoever is in your reticle can be seen by all of your teammates.
I like that idea a lot. And a small concession so it’s not too overpowered is you always see where your the missiles are gonna to fall on the receiving end — including your teammates’ missile trails.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I like that idea a lot. And a small concession so it’s not too overpowered is you always see where your the missiles are gonna to fall on the receiving end — including your teammates’ missile trails.
Another way to not make it Echolocator 2.0 is that, as I stated before you can only see the enemies position for as long as the opponents are in your reticle. Want to keep track of the enemy for a longer period of time? Looks like your going to have to remove yourself from the fight so you can provide your team with that information. Essentially, the longer you want to keep track of the opponents, the longer you are out of the fight and laying down turf.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Personally, I think that a decent buff for the Tenta Missiles would be for them to show your teammates the enemy position from when you are locking on to when the missiles are about to land on the opponents. This means for the entirety for the duration of the special, whoever is in your reticle can be seen by all of your teammates.
If tenta missiles hit targeted players with a point sensor it would also be a sort of buff for cold blooded as well.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
So, if weapons come out at the end of the month, would that be this Friday because it's the last Friday of June or Saturday because it's the last day? I'm just excited for Explosher and Ball Point that are coming out in that batch.

Gaijin Gamer

Inkling
NNID
Alshuny007
Switch Friend Code
SW-7491-1185-6133
So, if weapons come out at the end of the month, would that be this Friday because it's the last Friday of June or Saturday because it's the last day? I'm just excited for Explosher and Ball Point that are coming out in that batch.
Lets just hope it isn't as broken or overpowered as the Clash Blaster. Seriously though, that weapon need to be nerfed big time.

Last edited:

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
They've been happening on the first Friday of every month for weapons and Saturday for stages, so I think we have one more week, sorry.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
We probably won't see the new weapons until next month, August, as they still have to release "the leftovers" then every available weapon will finally have its alt.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
We probably won't see the new weapons until next month, August, as they still have to release "the leftovers" then every available weapon will finally have its alt.
Yeah, but this Japanese Tweet says that it will arrive in the July batch.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Then we're either getting six weapons (I'm doubtful) or the leftovers will finally debut no later than... December. *lawl*

Or forgotten about entirely. ¬¬;

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Then we're either getting six weapons (I'm doubtful) or the leftovers will finally debut no later than... December. *lawl*

Or forgotten about entirely. ¬¬;
Well, these are only two new weapons, so we could get two alt kit weapons for July, four alt kits in August and then, probably, some Sheldon's Picks every month for the rest of the year? That could make sense.

I wonder if they want to drop these weapons right away for the purpose of seeing how they interact with the rest of the weapons so they can patch accordingly and plan for the Sheldon's Picks.

Just like the new weapons, Sheldon's Picks have the chance to really shake up the meta, so I think it's better to do new weapons one month, alt kits the next month and then third kits following that when they have time to adjust.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Something in my mind: After the two new weapons are released, the only class of weapon that hasn’t seen an entirely new weapon is...
...Brushes. Ideas on what that might be?

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Something in my mind: After the two new weapons are released, the only class of weapon that hasn’t seen an entirely new weapon is...
A brush-type weapon that is actually a mop. Not just any mop though, the Classic Squiffy Mop. Its alternate kit would be the New Squiffy Mop. You see what I'm doing here?

the

Inkling Commander
Since most of the all new weapons have some sort of gimmick, maybe a brush whose rolling starts out really slow, but tops out faster than the inkbrush? Or vice-versa, which would be useful for quick invasions/escapes but wouldn’t work too deep in enemy territory

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If you haven't checked the Splatoon JP twitter yet, we're getting the new map and weapons this weekend (July 1st, 9am in Japan)!

New stage is the New Albacore Hotel and weapons—much like @Spaceswitchmars surmised—are the new Ballpoint Splatling and Explosher and alts, Sorella Tenta Brella(?) and Bamboozler MK II (♥_♥)!!

Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1012531144179372033
Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1012532926515326977

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
If you haven't checked the Splatoon JP twitter yet, we're getting the new map and weapons this weekend (July 1st, 9am in Japan)!
Inner Thoughts: So Japan is 14 hours ahead of my place so subtract the nine, carry the five... Yes! June 30th 7 PM CST!
Wait, no! Tenta Sorella Brella sucks! Curse you Pharaoh!!!!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope I'll find the time to even play this weekend, but that looks like an interesting update.
A new stage is always good, of course, but seeing both new weapons this week is especially surprising. I am not going to expect too much from them, since they look like the kind of weapons that are more niche, but at least I'm curious to try them.

And if I end up disliking them there's always the Bamboozler, which looks like a lot of fun, and the new stage to look forward to.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812

New stage is the New Albacore Hotel and weapons—much like @Spaceswitchmars surmised—are the new Ballpoint Splatling and Explosher and alts
So in total, they’re adding six weapons? Or did you mean the type that? I’m curious, no offense intended.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I was referring to the Bamboozler and Tenta Brella alts. But I'm guessing that August will also give us alts of the Ballpoint Splatling and Explosher too.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616

New stage is the New Albacore Hotel and weapons are the new Ballpoint Splatling and Explosher and alts, Sorella Tenta Brella(?) and Bamboozler MK II (♥_♥)!!
I am certainly looking forward to the Ballpoint Splatling - I might actually use a weapon with Toxic Mist for once!

Also the Bamboozler might not be considered Dead on Arrival anymore, now that it can use a special that isn't the Tenta Missiles.
August will also give us alts of the Ballpoint Splatling and Explosher too.
Speaking of which: Do we actually know what their alt kits are? I was think of holding off of the Explosher until we know - but my the results of my searching have been... inconsistent, to say the least.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Speaking of which: Do we actually know what their alt kits are? I was think of holding off of the Explosher until we know - but my the results of my searching have been... inconsistent, to say the least.
There's a comment back in this thread that mentions the datamined "downpour splatling" with toxic mist and inkjet, which we can assume is now the ballpoint. It also had the alternate kit, splat bomb and tenta missiles, a sub and special which actually haven't been paired together yet.

A slosher was datamined with the name "bathtub", but the kit is completely different from the one on the explosher, and there's also a video of a hacked hero slosher with the bathtub's assets firing blobs that bounce along the ground instead of exploding. No other slosher weapons were mentioned, but this just means that another slosher is (probably) coming.

Here's the comment
Well, past drama/nonsense aside.
Info for all, courtesy of the friendly and sharing soul that brought us the original(and highly accurate) weapon kits leak!

A few new main weapons(not new weapon classes) that are buried in the files and probably highly experimental. As no models were found (to my knowledge) this stuff is highly tentative and may never see the light of day, officially, in game.
anyways, for those of us used to this sort of data news, this disclaimer is unnecessary.
(also direct quotes will be in blue text) ON TO THE DATA

Bathtub,
a possible "heavy" slosher.
"it looks like it can deal 60dmg.
Range is around the same as vanilla slosher, but slightly less.
Can deal 140dmg with a "direct" and is slow"

A Hydra and an inkstorm had a baby, and their child is
The downpour splatling
"new splatling frame data (compared to heavy and hydra splatlings)
Charge time:
Heavy 1st
(circle): 50
Heavy 2nd circle: 75
Downpour 1st: 60
Downpour 2nd: 90
hydra 1st: 120
hydra 2nd: 150

Shoot time:
heavy 1st: 72
heavy 2nd: 144
Downpour 1st: 105
Downpour 2nd: 210
hydra 1st: 120
hydra 2nd: 240

Frames between shots:
Heavy: 4
Downpour: 3
Hydra: 4"

And last,
a splatling that can hold a charge, the same as unscoped chargers. . .
The Seiren
"Range seems to be a placeholder, its the same as Heavy rn
Shoot velocity
Heavy: 21 units/frame
Seiren: 19.5 units/frame
Dmg is 28 (for both)

Charge time:
Heavy 1st: 50
Heavy 2nd circle: 75
Seiren 1st: 50
Seiren 2nd: 75

Shoot time:
heavy 1st: 72 heavy 2nd: 144
seiren 1st: 60 seiren 2nd: 120
this is the interesting part same charge time but less range/shoot duration but instead charge hold.

(Why) cant goo tuber (have these stats)?"

And here are the kits the data had,
again, VERY susceptible to change(or never appear, if the weapons get axed)
as with any of this secret experimental stuff, really.
View attachment 6339

And that is all they shared (for now)
If the person leaks more, and no one else shares it here, I'll post again.
If y'all want to make a separate thread for this leak type stuff, I'll leave that to you guys.

EDIT: well I tried to post during the backup, and SplatoonJP posted this while I waited so here it is too
for those interested in official weapon releases

have fun with information overload =3

Anyways, back out of your hair, peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom