Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Very noice! This should hopefully make Splatfest results less predictable now that there's another variable factoring in to the score.
Let's be honestly after they added Splatfest Power model to Splatoon 1, the Splatfests after were all much more tossups since they paired players based on their performance. I still think after they added Splatfest Power, they should've decreased the win multiplier back to 4x instead of keeping it 6x. I actually like the idea of wins and popularity being both factors of importance rather than having wins basically being the sole determining factor which is what post 6x multiplier became.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
omg you can play a bit?????? im not voting until next week lmao or imma keep deleting and redownloading if i mess up lmao

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Let's be honestly after they added Splatfest Power model to Splatoon 1, the Splatfests after were all much more tossups since they paired players based on their performance. I still think after they added Splatfest Power, they should've decreased the win multiplier back to 4x instead of keeping it 6x. I actually like the idea of wins and popularity being both factors of importance rather than having wins basically being the sole determining factor which is what post 6x multiplier became.
I get where you're coming from but I do think it's better like this. For instance if popularity was a big factor, then Pearl would have lost before it even started. This way the battles always matter.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And now, a post to put people's minds at ease. I was reviewing footage and stopped on the scheduling screen for Salmon Run.
salmon run.png

24-hour chunks every few days is pretty dang frequent, I think we'll all be able to play it as much as we'd like. I'm guessing it's set up this way because of the changing weapon selections.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
And now, a post to put people's minds at ease. I was reviewing footage and stopped on the scheduling screen for Salmon Run.
View attachment 5074
24-hour chunks every few days is pretty dang frequent, I think we'll all be able to play it as much as we'd like. I'm guessing it's set up this way because of the changing weapon selections.
Being able to know the times when available at all times. This is good. If that schedule is accurate to what the full game will have
I'm okay with it.
Start looking for Squids for your time slots now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hoo boy! The Splatfest demo is up, and it brings info with it which I shall dump in this thread!

Respawn Punisher is as shown. I'm not sure what to make of that description.
The icon with the spawn point middle-right is Opening Gambit, and the one next to it resembling the match-end tape is Last-Ditch Effort. They sound identical. Tenacity, Comeback, and Ninja Squid seem the same. The icon next to Thermal Ink is Haunt, with a new icon. Next to Respawn Punisher is Ability Doubler, which doubles the effect of the other abilities on that gear. Next is Stealth Jump, which others pointed out only works at a distance now. The last two are Object Shredder and Drop Roller, revealed today.

Other tidbits:
Bomb Defense Up also protects against special weapons! Everything except main weapons, it seems.
Coldblooded is stackable!
Curling Bombs let you hold R, essentially pulling the pin, to change how long they last before detonating.
Sting Ray has an echolocator effect when you're not firing. That might be known already, worth mentioning.
Ink Armor affects the entire team regardless of where they are. Innnnnnnnnnteresting!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Hoo boy! The Splatfest demo is up, and it brings info with it which I shall dump in this thread!

Respawn Punisher is as shown. I'm not sure what to make of that description.
The icon with the spawn point middle-right is Opening Gambit, and the one next to it resembling the match-end tape is Last-Ditch Effort. They sound identical. Tenacity, Comeback, and Ninja Squid seem the same. The icon next to Thermal Ink is Haunt, with a new icon. Next to Respawn Punisher is Ability Doubler, which doubles the effect of the other abilities on that gear. Next is Stealth Jump, which others pointed out only works at a distance now. The last two are Object Shredder and Drop Roller, revealed today.

Other tidbits:
Bomb Defense Up also protects against special weapons! Everything except main weapons, it seems.
Coldblooded is stackable!
Curling Bombs let you hold R, essentially pulling the pin, to change how long they last before detonating.
Sting Ray has an echolocator effect when you're not firing. That might be known already, worth mentioning.
Ink Armor affects the entire team regardless of where they are. Innnnnnnnnnteresting!
I thought Respawn Punisher affected the opponent when you splat them, but with that wording they're only affected when they splat you. If that's the case it's kinda meh tbh, cause what if they splat you twice before you splat them once? Then Respawn Punisher is only hurting more than it helps. Plus it means the ability can only ever break even at best, but never give you an advantage.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I thought Respawn Punisher affected the opponent when you splat them, but with that wording they're only affected when they splat you. If that's the case it's kinda meh tbh, cause what if they splat you twice before you splat them once? Then Respawn Punisher is only hurting more than it helps. Plus it means the ability can only ever break even at best, but never give you an advantage.
Either we're missing something here, cause that text doesn't match up with the Direct's description, or there will be patching. Eh!

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
How are we feeling about "Don`t get cooked....Stay off the Hook!"?
Eh...it's alright I guess. Can't wait for the Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook Final Splatfest though (cause we all know it's either that or Pearl vs Marina).

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Eh...it's alright I guess. Can't wait for the Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook Final Splatfest though (cause we all know it's either that or Pearl vs Marina).

Stupid flipping double post cause bad/laggy internet...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh Crusty Sean also sells Drinks that increase the odds of getting a specific sub ability when you level your gear (which also means sub abilitys aren't pre-set upon purchase). Man getting that perfect gear is so much easier this time! Also, all brands have the same sub ability affinity except for Forge which is now Special-Up, SquidForce which is now Ink-Resist, and Inkline which is Bomb Defense. For the new ones, Emperry is Sub Power Up and Annaki is Cold-Blooded.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Stealth jump returns but with limits should have been removed but I don't mind too much as long as salt jumps are ended.
QR punisher is misworded, as you saw in the direct it affects opponents as you splat them, but I guess the tradofff is that it will affect you and you'll suffer too. I think that is reasonable if you can guarantee splat without trading or getting splatted it is good.
Thermal ink and rollout will defiantly be my go to with ink resistance or mobility for shooters
While I will likely pair the QR punisher and Cold blooded/sub up with charger type weapons.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
While I don't have a particularly strong opinion, it's a bit of a mouthful for a trendy phrase. If it was just "Stay off the Hook" it would be better in my opinion. "Stay Fresh" had a more immediate snap to it, for lack of a better word.

In other news, I saw there is a Splattershot variant with splatbombs (a successor to the Wasabi), I sense my early main in our midst. :cool:

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Stealth jump returns but with limits should have been removed but I don't mind too much as long as salt jumps are ended.
Im sorry, what are the limits? I'm curious to know as someone who personally uses it for my brush loadouts..

EDIT: Nevermind, seen what it does now...hmm. I'll have to see how to work with that.

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Hey everyone. Japan has a completely different First Splatfest.
And A separate download...
Their theme is Rock vs Pop (Tower records promotion)
It is also the 15th in Japan... But from 5-9pm or 4am-7am ET
20170706_222844.jpg

As for the new Catch phrase...
Feels pretty forced. Going to check the Japanese 「ぬりたくーる…テンタクル!!」if I understand what I read and looked up right "I want to paint with tentacles" they are called "Hime" (Pearl) and "Iida" (Marina) in Japanese and there band is named the "Tentacles"「テンタクルズ」

Note: I'm no where near able to read Japanese 100%.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Hey look, official art of one of the new weapons.
Unnecessary to translate I think, but....
"This is "Parasherter". It is a new type of bukki called "shelter" that looks like a Casa. Push the button briefly to fire a diffuse bullet. Long press opens the barrel and prevents some damage. Continue pressing and you can skip and use! It will be added in the update after release."

I might consider this weapon in the future...might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom