• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
New equipment brand revealed!Google translate calls it "Emperi" Let's see how well that holds up to formal translation ;P

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Can't wait til the testfire becomes available, hope to battle users on here.

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
New equipment brand revealed!Google translate calls it "Emperi" Let's see how well that holds up to formal translation ;P

I believe that logo can be seen in some of the stages in Splatoon 1. Looks like they're making equipment for a nameless brand that already existed.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I believe that logo can be seen in some of the stages in Splatoon 1. Looks like they're making equipment for a nameless brand that already existed.
Maybe. Someone (with more time than myself) should see. Regardless, it's still pretty cool. Should I add "New Clothing Brand: Emperi" to the OP List?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have not seen much to get excited yet, although the Tracer dual pistols look really fun.

The most exciting things? Splatoon on a handheld and a potentially larger playerbase, which means shorter queue times.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I will probably hardly ever use handheld mode, since I'm generally a console gamer, but it's nice to have the option if I ever feel the need to use it.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Maybe. Someone (with more time than myself) should see. Regardless, it's still pretty cool. Should I add "New Clothing Brand: Emperi" to the OP List?
This is very interesting to me, each brand in the original has a specific ability they favored over other one, all the abilities therefore were covered over the 17 brands (counting amiibo)
This means that if there is a new clothing brand there will either finally be a gear that favors bomb range up, or (more likely) there will be a brand new ability being introduced into Splatoon 2 via the "Emperi" brand

New abilities, and hopefully a buffed squiffer, splatoon 2 don't fail me now

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
New stage announced today! No, this is not an April Fool's joke! It's based off of an indoor BMX Track (sorry, don't have pictures) and is called:

Humpback Pump Track!

I will be adding it to the OP.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Yeah I had seen pictures of it, it honestly gives me a black belly skate park vibe but a lot more uneven with no define place to snipe

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I want to like that map, but I don't know right now. Looks cool, just have no idea how it will play. I do like the disadvantage it gives Chargers though. I don't hate anybody that uses them (because I can't use them at all, so those who can must have a different set of skills than myself), I just hate the weapon itself so definitely gonna be fun taking them down on that map.

In other news, the new kid on the block that I thought resembled Spyke does now have a name! He's called Murch, and looks to Spyke as a role model. He's able to do all that Spyke can do (I think), and he can do something which wipes all of your gear's abilities (save for the main one) to what they originally were the first time you got them. These rerolls of every slot back to the original can be translated into purchasing new gear abilities for your gear. For a better explanation watch GameXplain's video. I'm adding him to the OP too.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
We now know the English name of the Diadema Amphitheater (Japanese name for the concert stage)!

In English, this map will be referred to as...

The Starfish Mainstage!!!

I'll change it in the OP.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Name Downgrade =[
Maybe so. It's unfortunate but sometimes you have to make trade offs. I personally like it better cause I've already forgotten what the heck "Diadema" means so the reference would've been completely lost. Everyone has their preferences though. Just like I'd prefer if Bluefin Depot did not return for Splatoon 2, and it hasn't been announced so far so, I'm liking it.

There has been an increase in news lately though. Wonder if that means anything significant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom