Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Extreme Battle with Udemae "Gachimachi". Udemae is an indicator that shows how much a friend has led victory at a latch match. This time, Udemae will be certified for every three rules. Let's overcome the Udemae by winning the battle and filling the Udemae meter.
There is a numerical value of "gachipower" that estimates the ability in units finer than Udemae. You will change with winning and losing with a latin match, and if you experience a battle to a certain extent you will get an approximate value. Even among the same Udemae, if you try to combine players close to each other as much as possible, you will have a battle.
"League matches" is a mode of challenging to play against Gatirle by making friends with two friends or four teams like the previous match tag match. In the league match, Udemae does not change, compete ranking every two hours, and you can get a medal according to the ranking. Let's aim at the top with your colleagues.

Some interesting details here. Granted we'd have known in a few days regardless, but hey :P No more squadding with friends, your rank is entirely your own, and more granular than it used to be. Neat!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Can't wait for an official translation but it sounds like your rank doesn't change in squad battles! o.o

Just... wow... translation hurry up!

Minor thing: speed watching random splatfest matches--turns out you can be splatted by the Inkjet's exhaust and it will say "Splatted by Inkjet exhaust" *cackles*

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
If anyone is interested in messing around in the splatfest demo still follow this.
I tried it myself and can confirm that it lets you go to the plaza.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
One minor thing bugs me about the new disconnect penalty... Now I can't ditch matches with squid partiers :P Eh! Splatoon matches are so short that I'll just deal for one literal minute and then get out of there.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
There's a discussion thread about it over here if anyone wants to join in on it. I myself are still yelling over it...If my avatar alone didnt make it obvious that im a CoroCoro Splatoon fan. This is big news.

Anyway, a tweet.
"This game enclosure in front of the Icatcia is "Ikaragio 2" developed by that Anchovit Games.
In addition to listening to music during the game, you can also play with rhythm games.
You can increase the number of songs you can choose depending on the progress of the game and you can enjoy it with 2 levels of difficulty with all songs."

Ika Ika Revolution 2: Fresh Mix

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So according to the review over on Nintendo Life, as we suspected you can use a Hero weapon in any stage once the weapon's unlocked and the stage is completed in single player. To actually unlock those hero variants for online, you need to beat every single stage with that weapon. LET THE GRIND COMMENCE!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
ThatSrb2DUDE showcases the revamped Port Mackerel along with the Splattershot Pro and .52 gal. Honestly the best thing about this is the fact the .52 gal DOESN'T HAVE THE SPLASH WALL THANK THE SPLATOON GODS. An on-the-go invicibility on one of the fastest killing weapons in the game was so dumb.
Anyways i really love the way the map is now. It's more open while also keeping the corridor theme it had going on. The baller's pretty cool too. It can be used as a panic special, but not be as ridiculous as the kraken and can be easily pushed back as well.

Unrelated and off topic, but i had this funny dream where you can play as marina in single player and she had the ability to turn her arms into long strong tentacles and use them to fight or swing around like spider-man.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
So according to the review over on Nintendo Life, as we suspected you can use a Hero weapon in any stage once the weapon's unlocked and the stage is completed in single player. To actually unlock those hero variants for online, you need to beat every single stage with that weapon. LET THE GRIND COMMENCE!
*When somebody mentions a potentially painful grind but you've already played through EarthBound Beginnings*

IMG_0413.JPG

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I swear some "Critics" hate things just for the sakes of hating things, sure did i expect Nintendo life to give an unbiased review.... no but i don't think that it's fair to say the Splatoon 2 isn't "innovative" enough.

but then again it's always been hipster to hate Nintendo for some reason, do i think Splatoon 2 is perfect no. I'm pretty sure we all were hoping for something that we didn't get (from the reviews saying you have to leave the lobby to change gear. a change i would have liked).
To be super fair Nintendo has not been the most progressive companies with things but i'm getting conflicting reports from reviewers about connection issues, some say there are none others says waiting almost 2 minutes for a match to fill. but with prerelease copies of games there is always a low number of players.

If i can take anything away from the reviews it's that Nintendo listened and fixed lots of the issues with Splatoon.

Now we are days away and I am ready to be immersed all over again.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I swear some "Critics" hate things just for the sakes of hating things, sure did i expect Nintendo life to give an unbiased review.... no but i don't think that it's fair to say the Splatoon 2 isn't "innovative" enough.

but then again it's always been hipster to hate Nintendo for some reason, do i think Splatoon 2 is perfect no. I'm pretty sure we all were hoping for something that we didn't get (from the reviews saying you have to leave the lobby to change gear. a change i would have liked).
To be super fair Nintendo has not been the most progressive companies with things but i'm getting conflicting reports from reviewers about connection issues, some say there are none others says waiting almost 2 minutes for a match to fill. but with prerelease copies of games there is always a low number of players.

If i can take anything away from the reviews it's that Nintendo listened and fixed lots of the issues with Splatoon.

Now we are days away and I am ready to be immersed all over again.
"Games journalism" has been a crock for decades. Don't concern yourself too much with them.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Heh heh, Nintendo bashing is a hipster thing? And all this time I thought it was a rite of passage or a fundamental school lesson. =p

I've always felt game journalism was always a mixed bag, even when you agree with them or find a particular journalist you're okay with. Whereas an entire circle/website/what-have-you can seem rather schizophrenic because they don't all share the same opinion or taste--that's a good thing! Though a lot of the audience, or a very vocal section, fails to understand that... or even that objectivity they clamor for us a useless fairytale.

Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna abuse utilize the heavy bags at the gym because there are people already playing online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom