• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
In Splatoon levels 1-14 were quick, levels 15-20 a bit less so, 20-30 were pretty fast, and everything from then on has been a massive drag.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I'm inking about it....hmm.

....Nah....

*Drops in his own ink*

On a side note, I'm curious but what level is everyone so far? Im sitting at..I think LVL 14 currently? I play on and off, so...
I'm level 13 but I spent a ton of time on Single player and Salmon run ,it's probably my favorite mode and helped me the most with improving my motion control mastery. I'd also like to give Nintendo props for making me use weapons I wasn't comfortable with Rollers chargers Sloshers...ect, and making me git gud... So I didn't hold my team back. Also making players learn how to lob sub weapons. I have way easier time lobbing suction bombs and hitting my mark.

I went way overboard here with feedback.. but for eel. I could tell you all about that cool things I did in Salmon run yesterday but I hate spoiling things. There are definitely events that they never showed that can happen.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
17. Salmon Run, single player, and life problems all distracted me, but I kinda rushed yesterday to pick up my Jet Squelcher, and BOY was it worth the effort. CAN'T RUN FROM ME ON THESE STAGES! :D

the

Inkling Commander
Does everyone no of the ticket exploit in the game its not a bug its just something nintendo overlooked in the story where you can go back and get money and experience tickets infinitely. sorry if this is not allowed.
Oh wow that works? I haven't been counting my tickets, but i just assumed it didn't because they're grayed-out when I pick them up a second time (like scrolls and sardinium)... I will keep this in mind tho, power leveling here i come!!!!!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*peeks from bunker to see if the puns have subsided*
Nasty terrible hobbits puns...

Finally made it to level eight just yesterday!

A Fresh Start after being level 50 for ages, but the leveling system feels so slllllooowwww. Especially playing just charger. So I've been using the Inkbrush and Splattershot Jr. to break up the monotony. Should probably start using those meal tickets at Sean's foodtruck too.

Really feels like there are schools and schools of new people, but their levels don't seem to account for much even when I started at level one. I mean, what the halibut--how're you in your level twenties but I'm 1v4 pubstomping, center controlling, ink jet swatting, team wipe surviving with a dam inkbrush?! I should not be getting away with such nonsense. I love it and hate it at the same time!

If it's true that regional matchmaking takes priority, I'm not sure I'm liking it all that much. At least for now. Currently my NoA lobbies involve aerosprays as standard issue, long range weapons a rarity, chargers being even rarer, bumrushing the center, deathmatches, falling for 9.5/10 splat bomb setups, heavy stick users, and always be inking while running in a straight line. I'm not real salty about it. They can be adorable to watch, it's good practice, and helps me find myself in-game but I always prefer some diversity.

Think I'll just decloak my online status so anyone can join me when they see me. It'll be more fun playing alongside you lot.

the

Inkling Commander
For anyone who's wondering, I tested Respawn Punisher with a friend. This is hardly approximate, I'll leave that to others, but Respawn Punisher adds somewhere between a half-second and a second before the killcam activates the respawn timer appears, along with increasing special drain by about 20%. This applies to both the wearer and the people they splat.
I've heard that it applies to the wearer and anyone they're splatted by... I should try testing this with some ppl too, bc if it applies to the wearer and ppl they splat, then it's a much more useful ability than I thought!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've heard that it applies to the wearer and anyone they're splatted by... I should try testing this with some ppl too, bc if it applies to the wearer and ppl they splat, then it's a much more useful ability than I thought!
Yes, that is indeed what I said in my post :P

Reactions: the

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So hey, can anyone point me towards the upgrade items hidden in stages 17 and 24? I managed to miss those the first time through and can't be bothered to search :P

the

Inkling Commander
So hey, can anyone point me towards the upgrade items hidden in stages 17 and 24? I managed to miss those the first time through and can't be bothered to search :p
In 17,
there's a spinning platform with a car, where marie will say something about it having sticky tires. If you ink up the wall to the left side of the platform instead of going forward to the launchpad, the sardinium(?) will be at the top of the ledge (i forget if it's in a box or not).

In 24,
it's floating on the backside of the first moving wall you come across, so you can ink the backside of it once you cross the gap it spans, then jump back on and grab the item.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Currently level 19 myself, in part thanks to the exp ticket exploit. One session for about 2 hours I grinded the exp and money tickets from sector 2 and 5, (currently have 97 of both the 1.5x tickets in my Squallet.) and have been using the exp tickets ever since. I would probably be at a higher level if I could just get more raw and fresh bonuses, but Turf has been unkind to me. I've been able to win consistently in ranked, which is where I make most of my exp at the moment. It's honestly been more comfortable there than in turf for me right now, which is supposed to be the place where you just chill out and experiment with weapons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Now that I've got my favorite gun, I'm exclusively using money tickets. Unlocking more stuff and adding slots would be nice, but I'd sooner take my time levelling up and get to 30+ with a whole lot of dosh to spend on those activities.

Also hey, thanks for the pointers, The!

Reactions: the

Dog King

Full Squid
Well, I'm level 27. I've been play in the game pretty constantly, mostly ranked and a little Salmon Run (which is an amazing mode). Rank is really challenging at this point, as I'm an A+ in Rainmaker, an A in splat zones, and a B+ in tower control. How about you guys, what's your ranks?

Laskivi

Inkling
NNID
Laskivi
Get us a screenshot from the app, maybe? You can see everyone you've played a match with in your match results.
Well, in my last 50 matches, I only found these four:
IMG_0990.PNG

IMG_0989.PNG
IMG_0988.PNG
IMG_0987.PNG

But since I got the game, I've easily seen at least 20 separate names with it! It's a bit odd, haha.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, I actually ran into another one!
IMG_0992.PNG

Last edited:

MiceChaff

Inkling
Well, in my last 50 matches, I only found these four:
But since I got the game, I've easily seen at least 20 separate names with it! It's a bit odd, haha.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, I actually ran into another one!
I've noticed them too! They could be a huge squad, or maybe everyone's collectively decided that the square root symbol is *TOTALLY FRESH*

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I've noticed them too! They could be a huge squad, or maybe everyone's collectively decided that the square root symbol is *TOTALLY FRESH*
So its the new trend, just like when everyone put numbers in their usernames in order to look fre-

*Eyes the thread creator, @SquidKid85 *

...ah well....you know....uh....

*Hides in his ink*

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Are splatoon servers having an issue? I was literally playing 5 mins ago and now I can't even connect to the lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom