• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wereyoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
wereyoshi
Switch Friend Code
SW-1149-3763-7213
I don't see this mentioned anywhere in this thread but I just found out that the amiibo in splatoon 2 also give you music to play in squid beats sometime after they have given you all their gear. I got this from the marie amiibo2017072622255200-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Went ahead and looked up what gear abilities the Splatoon 2 amiibo possess... and I'm rather disappointed. Especially when you have a ninja outfit that has neither cold-blooded, ninja squid, nor even stealth jump!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Especially when you have a ninja outfit that has neither cold-blooded, ninja squid, nor even stealth jump!
This made me upset since I wanted to use it with my inkbrushes, for a fitting sneaky theme. But nope. And it has that less that desireable new quickrespawn....

I may just use the shoes from it or something....but not much else.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
This made me upset since I wanted to use it with my inkbrushes, for a fitting sneaky theme. But nope. And it has that less that desireable new quickrespawn....

I may just use the shoes from it or something....but not much else.
That is a major oversight. Keep with theme Nintendo :P

And yeah Quick respawn is not very helpful... I need mad piles of cash to scrub my gear.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
That is a major oversight. Keep with theme Nintendo :p

And yeah Quick respawn is not very helpful... I need mad piles of cash to scrub my gear.
Well then, looks like I got a lot of gear to scrub... and even more cash to do so...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Already very happy about ink armor weapons requiring more points to charge. I already could tell people were spamming it less last night, and it makes me feel much better about dealing with it in-game right now.

The nerf to the inkjet for the Tentatek does not bother me in the slightest. Aside from the moments where I can stop the enemies from advancing by pelting them with the inkjet blasts, I don't use it much finding myself far more effective on the ground with the weapon and splat bomb combo anyway.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Personally I'm so glad nintendo has introduced the haptic feedback for their system. They're always creative with little gimmicks and just to see if I could I'm playing salmon run with my music playing on headphones and the rumble gives a enough feedback to understand what's going on around me for the most part it's nice. Plus if teammates actually use their callouts which most do.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Thank you for that, @Kabel! I've been so busy learning all the new sounds and re-learning old ones that I've neglected my controller vibrations beyond the teammate disconnecting fart cloud.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Personally I'm so glad nintendo has introduced the haptic feedback for their system. They're always creative with little gimmicks and just to see if I could I'm playing salmon run with my music playing on headphones and the rumble gives a enough feedback to understand what's going on around me for the most part it's nice. Plus if teammates actually use their callouts which most do.
I just got to Overachiever in Salmon run. I think that is close to 70-80% I had teammates that couldn't even be bothered to call anything. It was extra difficult. I find a lot of people don't use walls... It's a great mode but being able to prioritize bosses. Like fly fish. I had a round with 3 Fly fish and 2 steel eels... Needless to say we were wiped out.

Anyway I hope people are enjoying the mode. And I hope to play with more people soon.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I just got to Overachiever in Salmon run. I think that is close to 70-80% I had teammates that couldn't even be bothered to call anything. It was extra difficult. I find a lot of people don't use walls... It's a great mode but being able to prioritize bosses. Like fly fish. I had a round with 3 Fly fish and 2 steel eels... Needless to say we were wiped out.

Anyway I hope people are enjoying the mode. And I hope to play with more people soon.
THANK YOU. Seems like no one outside of people on my friend list paints the walls. Mobility options are a good thing, people!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
THANK YOU. Seems like no one outside of people on my friend list paints the walls. Mobility options are a good thing, people!
B-but, but the walls don't count, just the floor! And why waste time on walls when going around or up the ramp is easier?!

Joasa

Depressed Squid

I hit Overachiever the Saturday after release and needless to say I've been stuck there ever since because it is BRUTAL! Team wipes nearly every round, I think in a half hour session I'll have a grand total of... 0 wins. Good grief and I thought ranked was hard. I'll go play rainmaker as a relief from SR.

Luckily I don't think it's possible to rank down in SR.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Remind me, is Overachiever the rank before or after Profreshional?

Anyway, experience has shown me that there's always at least one guy/gal that'll call out to where the first Boss Salmonid of a wave shows up. Which is a major boon for me, seeing as they seemingly never fail to spawn on the opposite side of the map 90% of the time.

They're also pretty good about letting people know when they're downed, though I can't help but wonder if that doesn't put additional mental strain on the rest of 'em. Not that it makes much of a difference, because those still alive are likely to get killed themselves regardless of what they do next.

I tried to wait out the last 10 seconds on a wall... it worked until they started jumping up to hit me...

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm a Pro-fresh-ional :cool:

Holy Anchovies it gets rough, and I don't think my squad has ever breached 150%, let alone 200% (but I have no idea since the game doesn't outright say your difficulty, only your "pay grade" which I don't think is the same thing? If they are the same, then I guess I have been doing 200% xP)

disregard that I'm still in B ranks in TC,RM and SZ. I've been turfin' it up mostly when I'm not salmonimining xP

tollock

Inkster Jr.
The New Dual Squelcher!

It's going to be released on July 29th (tomorrow).
This is the new version of the old weapon with the same name. In this game, it is a long-range Dualie variant. After sliding, your Inkling puts the two weapons together.
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Tenta Missiles

Pretty cool idea to convert the "Dual Squelcher" into "Dualies" altogether. I wonder if putting the weapons together after sliding does anything, maybe you get steadier aim that way?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Really like this idea actually, a weapon with great range having a dodge roll to space out enemies, point sensor and tentamissles
Lately I have been studying the duelies a lot to master them...this will be a cool addition to this.

Also R.I.P inkmines, they are now just a sneaky point senseor not too bad for flanking weapons, but removing all it's kill power to me was a bad idea, hopefully it can get buffed or I can work around this new design mechanic.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
The New Dual Squelcher!

It's going to be released on July 29th (tomorrow).
This is the new version of the old weapon with the same name. In this game, it is a long-range Dualie variant. After sliding, your Inkling puts the two weapons together.
Sub: Point Sensor
Special: Tenta Missiles

Pretty cool idea to convert the "Dual Squelcher" into "Dualies" altogether. I wonder if putting the weapons together after sliding does anything, maybe you get steadier aim that way?
That's actually really creative. Kudos to you, Nintendo.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Really like this idea actually, a weapon with great range having a dodge roll to space out enemies, point sensor and tentamissles
Lately I have been studying the duelies a lot to master them...this will be a cool addition to this.

Also R.I.P inkmines, they are now just a sneaky point senseor not too bad for flanking weapons, but removing all it's kill power to me was a bad idea, hopefully it can get buffed or I can work around this new design mechanic.
I'm interested. And if like the other DLC weapons there is little to no level requirements I'm ready to give them a try.

Okay it wasn't only me that noticed ink mines seem underpowered.. maybe sub proficiency up makes a difference... Maybe.. with thermal Ink you at Least can see the target for a while.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Torloth
Yeah it onlydeals 35 damage, less than a rapid indirect at the center, thermal ink does help it but the fact that every other explosive in the game does 50+ damage or splat the player.

I guess this was their attempt to balance the two mines, but honestly they should have given it a sweet spot in the center that can deal more damage, that would have at least made more sense.
Again though I expecting a buff as it fall out of popularity...

Sees eliter 4k
(Nervous sweating)

EDIT: I am also curious to see how long before they try to make a charger duelies :wst_charge_light00::wst_charge_light00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom