Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Still sad i couldn't catch them live that was hype as hell ;-;
I was super busy as well (Going out an 2 hour drive total up and back to help buy a Nintendo Switch, Setting up said console at home, Daily things, Catching up to the trailer reveals...)...I'm sinking this one in tomorrow too. Maybe in little highlights or chunks anyway. I just want to see the important bits of gameplay while leaving the rest to be fresh for me hands on, come this July.

tollock

Inkster Jr.
Huh, that was ... surprisingly exciting. Actually didn't expect the Americans to win. But it seems like the Japanese aren't that much better after all when there are zero latency/lag issues. A few new maps were shown too. A pretty nice experience overall.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Unrelated, but is squidboards getting a bit more traffic than usual? Had some minor problems getting on the site.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Unrelated, but is squidboards getting a bit more traffic than usual? Had some minor problems getting on the site.
Hurray, it isn't just me! Yeah, something's going on.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Can confirm, having the same with loading issues on and off- even had trouble liking someones post earlier (had to retry several times). Traffics hitting a bit hard if you note the current online users/guests.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Loading issues as well since, Monday or Sunday. Didn't think about a pickup in traffic. Intriguing~.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Someone can review footage to be sure, but it looked to be about dual squelcher range to me. Pretty far for a roller!

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Someone can review footage to be sure, but it looked to be about dual squelcher range to me. Pretty far for a roller!
Sure you don't mean Jet Squelcher? Dynamos outrange Duals already, although Jets barely outrange Dynamos.

(I just loaded the game so I could test a comparison)

Edit-
Dynamos reach just over 5 lines in the test area

Jets reach about 5.5 lines

Duals reach about 4 3/4 lines

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Guys calm the frick down

I had two flights and now I'm 6 hours behind my normal time
I missed E3 live I'm starting the invitational now

People tell me what I missed

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"Holding the "Third Splatoon Koshien" in the Nico student's program that was broadcasted earlier was announced electric stroke! Details were not revealed, but expectations will only increase as I think that hot match will be seen again this year. I'm looking forward to see what kind of drama will be born this time!"
The Japanese Splatoon promoters don't skip a beat, do they? This grand tourney is over and they immediately announce the next one!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Man that tournament was awesome, made the wait even moar unbearable! I'm really happy the specials were all impactful yet balanced, the new battle music was hype, and spectator mode works flawlessly!
Also them Sloshers were putting in work! Makes me feel better about the weapon despite the lack of Burst Bombs. Suction Bomb AoE + Slosh for that perfect 100 damage is legit as expected!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@JoJoTheSalty
Dynamo vertical flick is easily jetsquelcher/splatcharger range

The 1hko range however, seemed noticably less(hard to say though, amidst a hectic match as opposed to a controlled test range)
I noticed a couple times when Dynamon (the JP dynamo player) vert flicked and the edge of the flick connected but didn't splat.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
The games were intense, but they said this build of the game didn't have stealth jump, and wasn't final.

Dynamon never used the stingray. Or at least I never saw him use it.

I really liked their clean setup. Also Ashley was awesome. I was not expecting her. .

I want to know why he kept adding 'no' to Takashi "Takashino" they did it in the silly spotlight video also. No in Japanese is pretty much " 's "

All and All I hope Nintendo keeps this tournament scene fresh and going. I have to work today but I want to see some high level Pokken and Arms play. It was a bummer not being able to complete in the US tournaments... Because I'm from Canada and the contest wasn't open here....

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@JoJoTheSalty
Dynamo vertical flick is easily jetsquelcher/splatcharger range

The 1hko range however, seemed noticably less(hard to say though, amidst a hectic match as opposed to a controlled test range)
I noticed a couple times when Dynamon (the JP dynamo player) vert flicked and the edge of the flick connected but didn't splat.
Yeah, I could have put it better but that's kinda what I meant. Ink range and kill range are different things.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The games were intense, but they said this build of the game didn't have stealth jump, and wasn't final.
This sounds like good news to me. They really are cranking it out with the builds, I can tell.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So other than my worries of SFX & BGM adjustments and if we'll actually have some worthwhile in-game replacement for Miiverse comments & graffiti--I didn't like the brown looking tone of orange ink. Or maybe it just looked really muddy when matched up with purple?

Anyway, I just realised the invitational was local play, correct?! ZOMG Splatoon with minimal latency!! (*゚ロ゚)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
GameXplain says Salmon run does have a difficulty selection from 5% to 100%, with the later supposedly being nearly impossible! This is great as it hopefully means the mode can be challenge even for a full group of S+ squids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom