Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
... Really? Read this chart. I'll not argue their price or value but saying only do one thing is ridiculously misinformed.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility
I'd take that chart with a big old Grain of salt, since in that interview said
"On using the Mario amiibo to get a Mario hat for your Inkling…

Nogami: It is true, after all, that in the world of Splatoon 2, this is a world where the human civilization has fallen away and it’s been 12,000 years of evolution since that time. It could be that if someone were to uncover or excavate a hat like [Mario’s] that it may be possible. We can’t cancel out that possibility entirely. It’s also worth mentioning that you can use the Splatoon 1 Amiibo in Splatoon 2."

That says to me they MIGHT add functionality after the fact. I'm going to say probably not until Christmas and they might uses new amiibo.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
... Really? Read this chart. I'll not argue their price or value but saying only do one thing is ridiculously misinformed.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility
gaining generic drops you can grab faster by just playing isn't what I consider functional.

Especially if you lock out rolling high gear in games like Hyrule warriors unless its zelda amiibos. I mean wtf is the point in using your limited daily amiibo drops on guaranteed crap drops?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...I just hope there's additional unlock requirements or we're going to see idiots tackle 100% difficulty ASAP and complain when they get crushed.
Well, I mean technically my krew will be doing 100% on our second try so . . .

...Can I still be an idiot if I don't complain about it? xD

I mean, I'll complain about it, definately =p
but it will be the intra-group, circle jerk kind of complain fest. No one here will see it, so that makes it fine, right?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand

but it will be the intra-group, circle jerk kind of complain fest. No one here will see it, so that makes it fine, right?
Gaming community will be the gaming community.

Whine and moan as much as you want while people like me quietly practice over and over and actually improve and adapt (and prolly inevitably go in a tirade as people I rando-run with can't play at the level I'm use to).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Grumping among friends will *always* be okay if everyone's on board :P GO FORTH!

I'd take that chart with a big old Grain of salt, since in that interview said
"On using the Mario amiibo to get a Mario hat for your Inkling…

Nogami: It is true, after all, that in the world of Splatoon 2, this is a world where the human civilization has fallen away and it’s been 12,000 years of evolution since that time. It could be that if someone were to uncover or excavate a hat like [Mario’s] that it may be possible. We can’t cancel out that possibility entirely. It’s also worth mentioning that you can use the Splatoon 1 Amiibo in Splatoon 2."

That says to me they MIGHT add functionality after the fact. I'm going to say probably not until Christmas and they might uses new amiibo.
Kinda missed my point entirely, but that's alright. I was just refuting Ceresbane's claim that amiibo only only do one thing by pointing out the legion of little bonuses they do across the Nintendo library. And then he shot his own comment in the foot mentioning Hyrule Warrior's implementation. Ceresbane, just because you're annoyed by Hyrule Warrior's admittedly lame usage of amiibo doesn't mean they do nothing. Also...

Gaming community will be the gaming community.

Whine and moan as much as you want while people like me quietly practice over and over and actually improve and adapt (and prolly inevitably go in a tirade as people I rando-run with can't play at the level I'm use to).
Wow, okay. You're telling other people to whine and moan as much as they want while stating in the same breath that you're likely to go on tirades about people not playing as good as you'd like. Pot and kettle, much?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Grumping among friends will *always* be okay if everyone's on board :p GO FORTH!

Kinda missed my point entirely, but that's alright. I was just refuting Ceresbane's claim that amiibo only only do one thing by pointing out the legion of little bonuses they do across the Nintendo library. And then he shot his own comment in the foot mentioning Hyrule Warrior's implementation. Ceresbane, just because you're annoyed by Hyrule Warrior's admittedly lame usage of amiibo doesn't mean they do nothing. Also...
No... thats pretty much nothing when something is rendered useless by simply playing normally.

Shadow mewtwo. You got a case. Tapping in for low rank drops (and guaranteed ones at that). Nah, thats just pointless.

Wow, okay. You're telling other people to whine and moan as much as they want while stating in the same breath that you're likely to go on tirades about people not playing as good as you'd like. Pot and kettle, much?
I get the impression you don't know what a joke is.

See dearie this is called comedic use of irony. Its comprised of a set up where you take a superior stance and then create the punch line as a form of self deprecation.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I would really like this cleared up also
Like if Nintendo is worried about splitting the playerbase or something it just sucks.. From the looks of it I wouldn't mind just playing this mode for sessions it looks really enjoyable and challenging. I doubt the mode would split the userbase so drastically that it takes long for matchups or something. Plus this mode had people perched but with the timed news has actually lost interest in the whole game.

The only condition where it'd be acceptable is if you can do private online matches with friends. Why is nintendo online so complicated :'(

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Like if Nintendo is worried about splitting the playerbase or something it just sucks.. From the looks of it I wouldn't mind just playing this mode for sessions it looks really enjoyable and challenging. I doubt the mode would split the userbase so drastically that it takes long for matchups or something. Plus this mode had people perched but with the timed news has actually lost interest in the whole game.

The only condition where it'd be acceptable is if you can do private online matches with friends. Why is nintendo online so complicated :'(
Maybe this is what killed COD? I know a lot of players were really upset that the new games weren't up to snuff with the old Zombie modes, so maybe they fear a repeat of that.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
No... thats pretty much nothing when something is rendered useless by simply playing normally.

Shadow mewtwo. You got a case. Tapping in for low rank drops (and guaranteed ones at that). Nah, thats just pointless.

I get the impression you don't know what a joke is.

See dearie this is called comedic use of irony. Its comprised of a set up where you take a superior stance and then create the punch line as a form of self deprecation.
Also powers on demand in Planet Robobot, new party members in Fire Emblem and Codename STEAM... Yeah, I do have a case.
And I see you've gone with the classic response. Jokes don't come across as well in text, no visual indicators and whatnot, and you've shown that you think VERY highly of yourself so naturally I took that completely seriously. But hey, you do you.

As for Salmon Run, I'm inclined to wait and see at this point. What are the rewards? Heck, will Splatfests still give out super sea snails? The details we've received have only raised more questions.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
As for Salmon Run, I'm inclined to wait and see at this point. What are the rewards? Heck, will Splatfests still give out super sea snails? The details we've received have only raised more questions.
How else is Murch gonna eat? How else are we gonna pay Murch? He's gonna get impatient waiting for us to win 30 battles for only 1 Snail...

NNID
benimarucollider
I thought it would be the same as to when you bought your gear with sea snails or a ****load of money?

Besides Splatfests are back so we're back to the usual 18/24 sea snails.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
or the squiffer
Eh, the squiffer never really benefited from damage up unless you were doing tap shots, so damage up won't be that big of a loss for squiffer.

I'm pretty split on losing damage/defense (mostly damage) if we even are losing them. One one hand, chargers (splat and e-litre) won't be able to one shot you from an earlier charge (which isn't broken, but can be pretty annoying and basically makes the squiffer borderline useless), but on the other hand weapons like the neo splash-o-matic and custom jet won't be able to kill as efficiently with a burst bomb+shot combo. And the rapid blasters can't guarantee a 2-3 shot kill compared to 3-4 shot without damage. Also bamboozlers. They really love their damage up. So yeah a buff could also help em if damage doesn't come back.
(And yes i know i main a bunch of weapons that benefit from damage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

But honestly damage up is really balanced now. Half charge e-litre and one shot indirect blasters ring a bell? So it coming back won't be too bad.

I've got nothing on salmon run honestly. Everyone'e already said everything there is for the mode at this point in time. I'm really more interested in new weapons :v

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Thinking a while on it, I'm okay if they DamageUp and DefenseUp the pink slip (can't allow one without the other, yeah?). Or at the very least, disperse their essence is scattered across other abilities, like Bomb Defense Up for example. And if they are really gone, it could encourage some interesting outcomes, such as diversity of gear usage and skill growth when you no longer have damage, defense, and/or respawn 1.0 to rely on for a crutch.

I'm sure we'll be told their whereabouts within the next four weeks, and what other abilities will debut or reappear.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To elaborate on why loss of damage up and a bamboozler buff would further obscure the squiffer

No damage up means bamboozlers have to 2 hit splat, which will turn away some who played for the 99.9 shot build
If the devs realize this, they might buff the bamboozler to make it higher damage, in which case it's further encroaching on squiffer's niche, as boozle would more or less be a squiffer with more range and faster charge

Green text not for joke, but I realize I'm being quite petty xP
not to mention old news, since the 99.9 damage boozle already overshadows the squiffer, kits aside, quite thoroughly.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I like how Ansible put these things, a crutch. I keep hearing "But X weapon needs damage up for X reason" on this subject, and any given weapon should benefit from a set-up but it shouldn't NEED specific gear to be viable in the eyes of the community. Nintendo's no doubt aware of this and if damage is well and truly gone, the weapons that were dependent on it will get a happy fun rebalancing, if not at launch then in a patch.

On a similar note, what about all the weapons that people only use because of the bubbler? That's gone, they'll need a new reason to justify their existence :P

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Speaking of damage up

Nawabari Battle (Turf War) official brand "Batroika" ("Squidforce"). It is a global company that widely develops gears that can be used from beginners to advanced users. We are also focusing on supporting the battle, such as training top pros and managing the venue. A new T shirt with a reflector print on the V neck It is very popular among young people who are crazy about something sparkling.

And some other news

This tweet plus 2 others that are a reply to it pretty much talk about splatoon outfits that are also merch from the king of games brand (KOG). Nothing too game related so i didn't really bother translating them but you can go to their site for some info i suppose (completely in japanese though).
https://editmode.jp/news-and-topics/splatoon2_kog2017-1/

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
....Well, looks looks like those shirts are around 50 bucks a pop. Guess I wont be getting those, as much as I'd love to have the one in black.

Nice to see my old favorite shirt is back in-game too, as expected.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
....Well, looks looks like those shirts are around 50 bucks a pop. Guess I wont be getting those, as much as I'd love to have the one in black.

Yup 4900円 that is about $62 CAD with out shipping and Asian sizes are notoriously slim fit especially in the shoulders (mens), and have heard that the women's are tight in the bust. maybe they will announce them here also but with that price, i don't want it.

Joasa

Depressed Squid

>Goes to internet and finds every kind of Pokemon/LOZ/Mario/DK/Kirby/(insert Nintendo franchise here) imaginable for $20 everywhere

Watch Arms-themed clothing will follow the same path as the former.

Maybe it's because the Splatoon clothing is actually in-game clothes. I've seen just shirts with squids on them, wonder if they're also like 50 bucks. Anyway I hope this stuff becomes available and cheaper in the US.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
>Goes to internet and finds every kind of Pokemon/LOZ/Mario/DK/Kirby/(insert Nintendo franchise here) imaginable for $20 everywhere

Watch Arms-themed clothing will follow the same path as the former.

Maybe it's because the Splatoon clothing is actually in-game clothes. I've seen just shirts with squids on them, wonder if they're also like 50 bucks. Anyway I hope this stuff becomes available and cheaper in the US.
Well the good thing is that UNIQLO just finally released their Splatoon shirt for over here on online, and in stores. Me, and @ZEROrevive are about an hour away and ugh, it had to be like right now? We only go there during Christmas. But their shirts are exceptionally cheap and high quality.

The general price from them is around 14, or below which is really surprising for things based on current IPs.

(Edit: Here is the link to it if anyone is willing to buy it: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-utgp-nintendo-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-194472.html )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom