Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A part of me wants to roar "NEEERRDS!!" but then I remember I laughed a good minute when a confused friend shown me the Mario Kart drawing of the Inklings arguing with Mario because their bomb range gear wasn't working.

Don't jude meh! ¬¬;

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
A part of me wants to roar "NEEERRDS!!" but then I remember I laughed a good minute when a confused friend shown me the Mario Kart drawing of the Inklings arguing with Mario because their bomb range gear wasn't working.

Don't jude meh! ¬¬;
...Is it bad enough that I know what picture your talking about?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Splatoon JP made a tweet today revealing another bit of sample music from the band Wet Floor. Have a listen:
Theyre also doing their little event at Tower Records with the theme "Rock vs Pop"
I personally am loving that Wet Floor song. What about you guys?

Last edited:

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Splatoon JP made a tweet today revealing another bit of sample muzic from the band Wet Floor. Have a listen:
Eh...

It's hard not to like Splatoon series music, but if I'm going to be honest, there's more music in Splatoon that I like than in Splatoon 2 (so far). Not really a fair comparison yet, seeing as we don't know the full sound track for Splatoon 2, but the battle music from Splatoon beats Splatoon 2 currently. Not saying Splatoon 2's music isn't good, it just could be better. Probably one of the reasons I like Inkoming and Rip Entry so much is because the vocals are loud, in-your-face. Don't really get that vibe from some of the other music we currently have. (That Single Player Trailer music though).

Love the new not-rage-inducing battle lose theme for Splatoon 2 though. Far superior to Splatoon's version.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It's hard not to like Splatoon series music, but if I'm going to be honest, there's more music in Splatoon that I like than in Splatoon 2 (so far). Not really a comparison yet, seeing as we don't know the full sound track for Splatoon 2, but the battle music from Splatoon beats Splatoon 2 currently. Not saying Splatoon 2's music isn't good, it just could be better.

Love the new not-rage-inducing battle lose theme for Splatoon 2 though. Far superior to Splatoon's version.
True, true. I can understand that. Alot of the music we've seen so far from Wet Floor comes off as pretty mellow on the turf, with one or two tracks leaning closer to the Splat1 style just a tad.

What we really need is to hear music from the other new bands. We haven't seen or heard them yet, but they have to exist....

And has it been confirmed or not yet if we'll be having any classic turf war tunes come back to Splatoon 2? I mean, we are having all of the old maps come back and we haven't been hearing alot of new music for the turf yet. So....

+1 for liking the new results screen music as well....(Less rubbing in your face this time)

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
True, true. I can understand that. Alot of the music we've seen so far from Wet Floor comes off as pretty mellow on the turf, with one or two tracks leaning closer to the Splat1 style just a tad.

What we really need is to hear music from the other new bands. We haven't seen or heard them yet, but they have to exist....

And has it been confirmed or not yet if we'll be having any classic turf war tunes come back to Splatoon 2? I mean, we are having all of the old maps come back and we haven't been hearing alot of new music for the turf yet. So....

+1 for liking the new results screen music as well....(Less rubbing in your face this time)
If the original tunes return, or just some of them, I swear this one better be included among them:

As for all the old maps returning, when was that confirmed? I haven't heard about it, and I would think it would've generated enough hype that I would've heard about it, unless you guys already discussed it while I was on my break to finish up school and I missed it.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
As for all the old maps returning, when was that confirmed? I haven't heard about it, and I would think it would've generated enough hype that I would've heard about it, unless you guys already discussed it while I was on my
Not fully confirmed (I think?) But they did say the game will have more maps at launch than Splatoon 1 even had as a whole...so its a deep assumption of mine that I probably shouldn't be making. But I see no reason why any of the maps couldn't return, so far. At least with some tweaks given to them if need be.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Not fully confirmed (I think?) But they did say the game will have more maps at launch than Splatoon 1 even had as a whole...so its a deep assumption of mine that I probably shouldn't be making. But I see no reason why any of the maps couldn't return, so far. At least with some tweaks given to them if need be.
Give me back Split and Splat as a tune to Splat to, and give me back Flounder Heights and Mahi Mahi Resort, and I'll be more sold on this game than ever.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I think we were all sold as soon as we spotted one thing...

Pants.
#1 reason to buy the game.

But seriously, as if I wasn't sold on it already, those three things returning would make me the happiest Squid Kid in the world. Happier than Squid Kids 1 through 84...

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Splatoon JP made a tweet today revealing another bit of sample music from the band Wet Floor. Have a listen:
Theyre also doing their little event at Tower Records with the theme "Rock vs Pop"
Looks like Nintendo paid to premote a sale in Japan. Since all the CD'S are real bands and albums. Abba and David Bowie are on the rack.

Wet floor is great. I hope we get other new music soon.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I just want my ancho v games to reatrun it had a really unique map design, but wasn't used to it max potential due to the fight mainly sticking very close to mid. So make objectives move a little so we can explore more.
Also bring back flounder heights, with slightly less choke points of course, it was a really fun map to tinker around on with all sorts of cool locations to find...but losing the top without a good counter play was basically a rip game.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Also bring back flounder heights, with slightly less choke points of course, it was a really fun map to tinker around on with all sorts of cool locations to find...but losing the top without a good counter play was basically a rip game.
This is the map that most often has my team getting choked all the way back to our spawn point.

...but also the map I most often manage to sneak out of being cornered, and onto the other side of the map. Alone. Hmmm....

I love this map.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
For the non-European members on this thread, I'll just mention that the Rock vs Pop thing in Tower Records is kind of ironic since that was our first ever Splatfest (it's even using the same artwork for the Pop and Rock drawing). Also a Japanese person on Twitter spotted something a little interesting about this:

That logo in the Inkling language (clearly just Inkling for Tower Record), can be spotted in the Single Player trailer, and the Tweet that points it out can be found here:

Kind of interesting they did this, so it was clearly planned for a fairly long while to do this crossover.

As for other maps, I don't want most of them to return, at most I'd like Camp Triggerfish and Port Mackerel (with better layout and mechanics like the Moray overhaul), and maybe Arowana Mall where it's styled closer to the beta images where it was wider and had more levels of elevation. The rest don't need to come back because either they were bad (Bluefin, Piranha, Flounder, Ancho-V, Kelp in Ranked etc.), or we already have what is the equivalent of said map in 2 (The Reef is Urchin, Musselforge is Walleye, Humpback is Blackbelly, Inkblot is Museum) when it comes to the theme and overall feeling of the map. Would rather have way more new maps than most of the old (if not all) returning, this game is already struggling to convince people it's more than a 1.5, but with all weapons returning, all ranked modes returning and some old maps returning it isn't convincing many people. I myself am a little concerned on that front, because I do want at least one additional Ranked mode, maybe 2 if we're lucky, because there's no way Salmon Run will have a long shelf life with 3 waves and a grind for gear, I'll ditch that mode when I have all the gear unlocked and focus on the rest of the game. We still have to wait and see on some of these fronts, as I'm still excited for this game and like all the changes thus far, but it needs to prove how different it is from 1 with the modes and other content because a new SP mode and Salmon Run isn't cutting it for me sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom