Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Looking at the ability list again, stealth jump is gone too! Guess I'll have to find new ways to be irritating ;)

Also, random speculation time, I noticed the shop listed how many points were needed to get the Splattershot's special. Makes me wonder if that's just more information, which is useful, or if different weapons will need different amounts for the same specials. Could be an interesting factor in balancing!
I think it'll start out with every special needing the same amount, and as time goes by the stronger ones would need more, while the weaker ones need less. All the specials seems really balanced though so maybe that won't be the case, but who knows.

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
There's too many things that I'm too excited about. Mostly I'm hyped for the new idols. :O I loveeeee them so much. I'm so excited about their new music too, I have a feeling I'm going to like it a lot better than the Squid Sisters'. That umbrella, too, woahhhh! The baller?! I can'ttttt dealll!!!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So there it is, no damage up! While I approve of this change, I do have to worry about the viability of Rapid Blasters and Burst Bombs. Also, no new modes beyond Salmon Run afterall, which they didn't confirm new maps for unfortunately. Still loved this direct overall of course!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I think we still have stealth jump. There's a sticker showing a jump ring with dotted lines if I'm not mistaken.

So~... blaster with thermal ink, quick respawn, and stealth jump?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Nintendo you dastardly fellows, you call the direct merely a "refresher" to lower our expectations, and wind up blowing all our minds with inkredible announcements back to back.

I don't think anyone can say this is just Splatoon 1.5 anymore. It really is a huge leap.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think we still have stealth jump. There's a sticker showing a jump ring with dotted lines if I'm not mistaken.

So~... blaster with thermal ink, quick respawn, and stealth jump?
Nah it's gotta be gone, otherwise it would kinda make the Drop Roller ability useless. Admittedly I don't know what else that ability could be though. Also Quick Respawn has been nerfed, only works if you die mutiple times without splatting anyone.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
So there it is, no damage up! While I approve of this change, I do have to worry about the viability of Rapid Blasters and Burst Bombs. Also, no new modes beyond Salmon Run afterall, which they didn't confirm new maps for unfortunately. Still loved this direct overall of course!
It looked like the blaster's minimum damage was still 50 though, so it's always a 2 shot kill without defense to get in the way this time.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It looked like the blaster's minimum damage was still 50 though, so it's always a 2 shot kill without defense to get in the way this time.
For regular Blasters sure, but Rapid Blasters can take as many as 4 hits to splat.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Marina is just, just
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
now if you'd excuse me, i have an art website to browse for the rest of the day.

But seriously though, that direct. Those weapons, those abilities, that ship map, That umbrella shotgun. AN ACTUAL SHOTGUN. I always thought i had to use the slosher or roller to get a shotgun feel, but now we have an actual shotgun, WITH A SHIELD. quick respawn/stealth jump is dead. all hail the splatoon gods. (and now for the next broken combo to complain about :p)

also, i NEED THIS JACKET.
View attachment 5062
woo. i need time to take this all in. give me a sec.
Breath in, breath out....

....now Spam NGYES/WOOMY.

That's the same jacket as worn by Goggles in the new Splatoon 2 manga, nice! I definitely want it too. It's fresh.

And excuse me too, I also have an art site to browse....I mean for fresh fan art thats being dropped now. What else?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Here you go, all the current weapon kits we know in the next few images:

upload_2017-7-6_17-7-35.png

upload_2017-7-6_17-10-52.png

Last but not least, here comes the weapon kits in text form (including those we know about already from E3):

1. Splattershot - Burst Bomb/Splashdown
  2. Tentatek Splattershot - Splat Bombs/Inkjet
  3. Splat Roller - Curling Bombs/Splashdown
  4. Splat Charger - Splat Bomb/Sting Ray
  5. Splatterscope - Splat Bomb/Sting Ray
  6. Splat Dualies - Burst Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  7. Emperry Splat Dualies - Curling Bomb/Inkjet (recognise this? :p)
  8. Slosher - Suction Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  9. Heavy Splatling - Sprinkler/Sting Ray
  10. Splash-o-Matic - Toxic Mist/Inkjet
  11. Splattershot Pro - Point Sensors/Ink Storm
  12. Blaster - Toxic Mist/Splashdown
  13. Octobrush - Autobomb/Inkjet
  14. Dynamo Roller - Ink Mine/Sting Ray
  15. Mini Splatling - Burst Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  16. Tri-Slosher - Burst Bomb/Ink Armour
  17. Goo Tuber - Suction Bomb/Splashdown
  18. E-Litre 3K? - Ink Mine/Ink Storm (not sure on this weapon, looks a bit like E-Litre)
  19. Firefin Splat Charger - Splash Wall/Suction Bomb Launcher
  20. Splattershot Jr. - Splat Bomb/Ink Armour (saving the weapon to be like 1 with Bubbler)
  21. Aerospray MG - Suction Bomb/Curling Bomb Launcher
  22. .52 Gal - Point Sensor/Baller
  23. N-ZAP '85 - Suction Bomb/Ink Armour
  24. .96 Gal - Sprinkler/Ink Armour
  25. Jet Squelcher - Toxic Mist/Tenta Missiles
  26. Luna Blaster - Splat Bomb/Baller
There you go. 26 weapon kits have now been unveiled! What do you think of these? Any you're interested in? If I'm not mistaken @Dessgeega was a Jet Squelcher fan, and that new kit seems evil, lots of toxic mist support and suppression from afar. As for myself I'm interested in that Tri-Slosher, N-ZAP and .52 Gal. That goes along with my already high anticipation for the Splattershot, Splash-o-Matic and Blaster. This game is really bringing the hype and I can't wait to try it with this Splatfest Premiere event.

There is a 27th weapon we know half the kit to. L3 Nozzlenose has Baller, as you see the Inkling firing it after the demonstration of it. What's really cool about Baller is how the Inkling runs on all fours on the floor when rolling around. Ink Armour seems great for getting out of spawn camps and the Tri-Slosher kit seems great for that, and I had a feeling that would be the Slosher to receive Burst Bombs for Burst Cancel due to its range. N-ZAP can be viable for support with that new kit too, and all in all hype has kicked up to an 11, and I haven't even expressed my opinions on those new maps shown. Why can't the 21st get here faster? *cries*

EDIT: Also I've spotted that it appears to take 10 chunks to get one ability slot added, only 2 abilities have more than 10 chunks and if you pause you can see it says how much a chunk costs, so the cost could accumulate when adding abilities to the 2nd and 3rd slots, especially when going for a triple ability set.

Last edited:

Dog King

Full Squid
Here you go, all the current weapon kits we know in the next few images:

Last but not least, here comes the weapon kits in text form (including those we know about already from E3):

1. Splattershot - Burst Bomb/Splashdown
  2. Tentatek Splattershot - Splat Bombs/Inkjet
  3. Splat Roller - Curling Bombs/Splashdown
  4. Splat Charger - Splat Bomb/Sting Ray
  5. Splatterscope - Splat Bomb/Sting Ray
  6. Splat Dualies - Burst Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  7. Emperry Splat Dualies - Curling Bomb/Inkjet (recognise this? :p)
  8. Slosher - Suction Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  9. Heavy Splatling - Sprinkler/Sting Ray
  10. Splash-o-Matic - Toxic Mist/Inkjet
  11. Splattershot Pro - Point Sensors/Ink Storm
  12. Blaster - Toxic Mist/Splashdown
  13. Octobrush - Autobomb/Inkjet
  14. Dynamo Roller - Ink Mine/Sting Ray
  15. Mini Splatling - Burst Bomb/Tenta Missiles
  16. Tri-Slosher - Burst Bomb/Ink Armour
  17. Goo Tuber - Suction Bomb/Splashdown
  18. E-Litre 3K? - Ink Mine/Ink Storm (not sure on this weapon, looks a bit like E-Litre)
  19. Firefin Splat Charger - Splash Wall/Suction Bomb Launcher
  20. Splattershot Jr. - Splat Bomb/Ink Armour (saving the weapon to be like 1 with Bubbler)
  21. Aerospray MG - Suction Bomb/Curling Bomb Launcher
  22. .52 Gal - Point Sensor/Baller
  23. N-ZAP '85 - Suction Bomb/Ink Armour
  24. .96 Gal - Sprinkler/Ink Armour
  25. Jet Squelcher - Toxic Mist/Tenta Missiles
  26. Luna Blaster - Splat Bomb/Baller
There you go. 26 weapon kits have now been unveiled! What do you think of these? Any you're interested in? If I'm not mistaken
@Dessgeega was a Jet Squelcher fan, and that new kit seems evil, lots of toxic mist support and suppression from afar. As for myself I'm interesting in that Tri-Slosher, N-ZAP and .52 Gal. That goes along with my already high anticipation for the Splattershot, Splash-o-Matic and Blaster. This game is really bringing the hype and I can't wait to try it with this Splatfest Premiere event.

There is a 27th weapon we know half the kit to. L3 Nozzlenose has Baller, as you see the Inkling firing it after the demonstration of it. What's really cool about Baller is how the Inkling runs on all fours on the floor when rolling around. Ink Armour seems great for getting out of spawn camps and the Tri-Slosher kit seems great for that, and I had a feeling that would be the Slosher to receive Burst Bombs for Burst Cancel due to its range. N-ZAP can be viable for support with that new kit too, and all in all hype has kicked up to an 11, and I haven't even expressed my opinions on those new maps shown. Why can't the 21st get here faster? *cries*

EDIT: Also I've spotted that it appears to take 10 chunks to get one ability slot added, only 2 abilities have more than 10 chunks and if you pause you can see it says how much a chunk costs, so the cost could accumulate when adding abilities to the 2nd and 3rd slots, especially when going for a triple ability set.
I just want to say thank you for compiling this list. Hope to see you on the splatterfield!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I love the octobrush, goo tuber, empty splat duckies (gotta love the gold), maps, and the elites looking charger, mini splatling, and that squelcher set
@Cyan thanks so much for compiling the list

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If I'm not mistaken @Dessgeega was a Jet Squelcher fan, and that new kit seems evil, lots of toxic mist support and suppression from afar.
...I'll be over here cackling nonstop for the next two weeks if anyone needs me.
hands clasped robotnik.png

And thanks for the compilation, big ol' thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom