Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I currently have some mixed feelings with Ink Armor, being a one hit shield make it great against Rollers, Blasters, Sloshers, and Chargers. However against Shooters and Splatlings the special seems to be at a disadvantage given those weapons are multihit.
Unless you get some invincibility frames when the armor breaks. I feel like instead of being a 1 shot shield, maybe giving it equal HP as an Inkling or 50% the HP then it breaks. So it essentially works like an extra life.

That aside, can we just point out how adorable the Inkling looks while using Baller. Crawling on all fours.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I currently have some mixed feelings with Ink Armor, being a one hit shield make it great against Rollers, Blasters, Sloshers, and Chargers. However against Shooters and Splatlings the special seems to be at a disadvantage given those weapons are multihit.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they were going for with the 1-hit design. There's other specials for countering rapid-fire weapons. E-liters are going to be so salty :p

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
*Returns to thread after doing everyday things, 2.5 more pages added to thread from where I last left off*

Holy carp, this is gonna take a while isn't it???

Oh, and incase you missed it, @SquidKid85 . Here's the entire stream recorded.

We need to gather all the info here into one nice list. Anyone?

EDIT: @Saber delivers!
Thanks Zero. Once I find a stable connection I'll watch it and go through and add EVERYTHING it seems you guys are talking about.

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
When everyone losses their ink over everything else but forgot about the graffiti app. Glad to see it back.
Not so stoked about the mini game showed.

But Damn the game looks so good.

Buy Gear from your phone. Something I think is amazing. Other games like destiny and The devision showed us the Concept but I never heard from them again.
Now Until I have the App in my hand I'm not saying anything. But man I'm okay with Nintendo's idea here.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Trying to figure out if the "one hit" really means one hit or full 100% damage taken, myself.
When everyone losses their **** over everything else but forgot about the graffiti app. Glad to see it back.
Not so stoked about the mini game showed.
Anyone know if a graphic tablet works with the Switch's usb port?! Or even what sort of stylus works with the Switch's touchscreen?

Wonder if we can also do graffiti on the mobile app and not just in-game, unless I overlooked that. And maybe Squid Beats won't be the only mini-game, but for now it's at least better than the current Squid Beats.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So the Ink Armor is a more balanced Bubbler, and the Baller looks like a more balanced Kraken, though I wonder if you're invincible during it. I imagine you have to be otherwise it'd be kinda underwhelming since there's a delay before the explosion. I like how you have to decide to use it either to escape or to try and get some splats, but not both like the Kraken. Also like how you can have a bomb rush special without having that bomb as your sub.

Not feeling Burst Bombs on the Tri-Slosher. For the Burst-Slosh combo to work on this weapon you have to get a direct hit with the Burst Bomb otherwise they live, and in terms of ttk it's probably an insignificant difference since the Tri-Slosher already splats quickly. Plus in general there's no damage up but there sub defense up so Burst Bombs lose a lot of effectiveness especially since they're keeping that ink efficiency nerf. Atleast the Tri-Slosher finally has a ranged option.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
So the Ink Armor is a more balanced Bubbler, and the Baller looks like a more balanced Kraken, though I wonder if you're invincible during it. I imagine you have to be otherwise it'd be kinda underwhelming since there's a delay before the explosion. I like how you have to decide to use it either to escape or to try and get some splats, but not both like the Kraken. Also like how you can have a bomb rush special without having that bomb as your sub.

Not feeling Burst Bombs on the Tri-Slosher. For the Burst-Slosh combo to work on this weapon you have to get a direct hit with the Burst Bomb otherwise they live, and in terms of ttk it's probably an insignificant difference since the Tri-Slosher already splats quickly. Plus in general there's no damage up but there sub defense up so Burst Bombs lose a lot of effectiveness especially since they're keeping that ink efficiency nerf. Atleast the Tri-Slosher finally has a ranged option.
It's a shame they didn't let the regular slosher keep burst bombs, there it's still not a guarantee but you can at least get some chance of a 2 shot hit that way. Additionally, if they had done that and upped the minimum burst bomb damage to 30 instead of 25, it'd be a guarantee on the regular slosher (assuming it's damage was still 70). With the tri-slosher's lower damage output, it makes it a poor candidate for the burst bombs as a viable one-two combo.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Also has anybody brought up that I think they showed off an entirely new weapon classes and a new special, the Splat Brella and the new special which is a bubble wand thing.

Splat Brella being what I can describe as a straight single hit mid-ranged shotgun with a shield and the bubble wand makes explosive ink bubbles which other teammates can detonate to cause a huge chain explosion.

Fullmental

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pokeman92
Also has anybody brought up that I think they showed off an entirely new weapon classes and a new special, the Splat Brella and the new special which is a bubble wand thing.

Splat Brella being what I can describe as a Bamboozler with a shield and the bubble wand makes explosive ink bubbles which other teammates can detonate to cause a huge chain explosion.
Interesting bit about having a shield. I wonder how long it can be active for, before it gets overwhelmed/expires? And how long the recharge is.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah, odd choices, Tri-Slosher with Burst Bombs and Slosher with Suction Bombs. So~ Sloshing Machine with Curling Bombs?

Odd kit choices for the bucket class and other returning weapons. Maybe part of the reason is to encourage veterans to adapt or evolve instead of us becoming entrenched and stagnant in old ways of thinking?

Whoo~ boy, imagine a Tri-Slosher with vanilla Carbon Roller burst-n-move style behaviour combined with natural slosher class abilities! @_@

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@Gameboy224
What interests me about the splatbrella is that it will detach and continue on a path for quite some time before it dissipate, I wonder it's durability is and if you can use it to block allies.
Also the moment I see a bubble wand I will solely focus that person, no way I am letting something that terrifying powerful stay on the field.

Now if my swoosher can be annouced for Splatoon 2 I will lose it...
Btw to if you guys can help I am going to be planning a huge Twitter spam at Nintendo, I'll let you know when I plan to do it in a seperate thread

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Anyone know if a graphic tablet works with the Switch's usb port?! Or even what sort of stylus works with the Switch's touchscreen?
If people would like to test anything they have laying around, in the way of a stylus that would be super helpful for are art proficient friends.
My guess would be anything that supports the iPad style screen should work. If anyone wants to test some styluses please go Ahead. I own none... So can't be much help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom