• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I really really really want a patch where they limit the number of the same abilities you have. People who feel they need to have 12 of the same ability are nothing but ****ing cheap and disgusting. I was hoping they would consider this when the game was revealed.
"Oh I see you have a lot of the same abilities on ya. Guess you feel powerful, huh? Well sorry! You're not allowed to do that. That would be unfair to other squidkids out there Come back later when you repick your abilities (and get fresher gear too)."
Mono builds have always been viable and balanced out by diminishing returns. Having nothing but one ability can have some ridiculous results but players have to give up a LOT to achieve that. But then I'm assuming you're venting more than anything.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Farewell my old friend, we were going to dominate the game together.
The dream.png

When I saw this news yesterday, I became physically sick. I had a pounding headache, and a fever of 100F (38 C). Nintendo took that beloved child I had posted above this sentence, and turned it into this disgusting thing below this sentence.

I'm glad it's not inkmines + tentamissles, but it's not the weapon I wanted in the slightest.

Windstar

Pro Squid
A completely new weapon got leaked just a couple of minutes ago. It comes with a range of the Sploosh-O-Matic, a rate of fire equal to that of a Range Blaster, the damage of an N-Zap, the ink trail inconsistency of the Clash Blaster, and you have to push the trigger every time you want to shoot like the Nozzlenoze. It's current kit is unknown.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I really really really want a patch where they limit the number of the same abilities you have. People who feel they need to have 12 of the same ability are nothing but ****ing cheap and disgusting. I was hoping they would consider this when the game was revealed.
"Oh I see you have a lot of the same abilities on ya. Guess you feel powerful, huh? Well sorry! You're not allowed to do that. That would be unfair to other squidkids out there Come back later when you repick your abilities (and get fresher gear too)."
U mad bro?

Seriously though, how is this unfair? Still the same 3 mains 9 subs limit, and anyone could do the same. Maybe if this were Splatoon 1 I could understand since the only way to reliably get perfect gear was through cheating, but they addressed that in Splatoon 2 via ability chunks. If you're interested I could explain all the best ways to get ideal gear, then hopefully you'll see I'm not that disgusting. :)

Anywho, Chicken Bucket is dead!? Ugh that's so disappointing, I hope it atleast gets Curling Bombs. I'm not upset at Nintendo though, I know we weren't even supposed to know what it's kit was planned to be.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Mono builds have always been viable and balanced out by diminishing returns. Having nothing but one ability can have some ridiculous results but players have to give up a LOT to achieve that. But then I'm assuming you're venting more than anything.
Should of stopped those diminishing returns after a certain point.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
They DID. Several abilities already do little to nothing when stacked past a certain point. I get that you're grumpy about mono builds but let it go. What you're asking for is already in the game.
Also mono builds look cool to have, because they can take awhile to get if you aren’t using a Splatfest Tee to scrub or using those Drink things from Crusty Shawn. I am in the middle of creating a mono Ink Saver Main set for my Mini Splatling

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
The official current release date was in July. Check the Inkapedia article, it says there.
Yeah, but if you check their source, it links the Japanese eShop, so there's still a chance that the date is a placeholder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom