Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Really curious to see how many S+ players will rank up to Rank X, but i generally think it wouldn't be hard considering the rank system is the same for every rank. not like splatoon 1 imo

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Chargers!

Either the New Squiffer or the Bamboozler MK II!

One of them will probably have Baller because, "kit synergy? lol wut" ¬¬
New Squiffer has autobomb and baller........what's a kit synergy?!?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

@MINKUKEL I actually agree with you a short range charge can use this to have a inkarmor shield to run back or protect allies when they over extend.....(which honestly is quite common when I see/ end up doing quite often when playing squiffer) or splat an overeager roller or splatter shot who tries to rush you

Last edited:

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
New Squiffer has autobomb and baller........what's a kit synergy?!?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

@MINKUKEL I actually agree with you a short range charge can use this to have a inkarmor shield to run back or protect allies when they over extend.....(which honestly is quite common when I see/ end up doing quite often when playing squiffer) or splat an overeager roller or splatter shot who tries to rush you
I agree three, but i played ranked on Splatoon 2 for 4 hours and all I saw were E-Litre's and Splatterscopes.

:thinking:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Squiffer has range, but it can't immediately shoot, so yeah it and Baller don't synergize all that well, but it's not like it needs to. Baller is a fine special on it's own, same as Splashdown on Gootuber.
Toxic Mist and Burst Bomb Rush certainly do synergize well with the Bamboozler, so if we do get a charger I hope it's that one.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Squiffer has range, but it can't immediately shoot, so yeah it and Baller don't synergize all that well, but it's not like it needs to. Baller is a fine special on it's own, same as Splashdown on Gootuber.
Toxic Mist and Burst Bomb Rush certainly do synergize well with the Bamboozler, so if we do get a charger I hope it's that one.
Not that I’m a sniper, but that’s really one of the best charger kits. Makes me wish I could aim.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580

YES!

I’ve been looking forward to this ever since Ink Storm was thrown on it. A good close range killer with a nice chip damage special? Sign me up
Considering how nintendo nerfed the tri-slosher originally, they will probably do something to this weapon. becuase this set is a really good set like the gold dynamo roller tbh

the

Inkling Commander
Considering how nintendo nerfed the tri-slosher originally, they will probably do something to this weapon. becuase this set is a really good set like the gold dynamo roller tbh
Oh? Was the gold dynamo nerfed at some point?

Also idk if we can predict a nerf yet, since tri slosher was already nerfed and im p sure the changes to the main weapon will carry over.

Anywho, I’m actually super excited for this weapon! It’s got splatbombs and inkstorm right? It’ll definitely be interesting and seems pretty well-rounded!

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I've been playing regular Brella for a bit now, and there are several problems it has on the field:
It gets countered by blasters, clash in particular can make it pretty hard to approach at times. The shield takes an (unnecessary) amount of damage from both blasters/chargers meaning raising your shield against them is only useful in short bursts. Vblaster is one of the most popular slaying weapons out there, and considering both stay at the forefront this easily means trouble for brellas.
It gargles ink like a mad-squid, which is something both beginner and advanced splat brella players will always have issue with. Getting your shield crushed/launched will slash half of your ink tank, and the main weapon itself is also expensive in terms of ink and both kits have very costly subs. Prolonged firefights will always leave your squid thirsty for ink.
Of course it does have a lot of upsides to it (the shield can block otherwise lethal specials, both kits have good specials, good balance between inking and slaying), but it also has plenty of weaknesses that can't be ignored.
I’ve never had too many issues from chargers and blasters so long as I exploit their weaknesses, I alredy mentioned a few of the issues and the only blaster that has given me troubles is actually the crash blaster due to it being both short range and fast firing, it basically means I can’t ever approach, the thing is most of its issues can be mitigated by smart movement, use of shield and being patient, even in consumption can be less an issue if used well, and as I said it is neither favoured or disadvantaged on any stage, also it has good overall range to boot for a close range weapon, essentially its a weapon that is weak in certain areas but a skilled player with it can make those rather moot in most situations, also I forgot to mention, the chargers that do best are the eliter, the squiffer and the bamboozler, I’ve only had issues with them, goo tuber and splat charger are pretty easy pickings if I use cover well and distract them with sprinklers

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I’ve never had too many issues from chargers and blasters so long as I exploit their weaknesses, I alredy mentioned a few of the issues and the only blaster that has given me troubles is actually the crash blaster due to it being both short range and fast firing, it basically means I can’t ever approach, the thing is most of its issues can be mitigated by smart movement, use of shield and being patient, even in consumption can be less an issue if used well, and as I said it is neither favoured or disadvantaged on any stage, also it has good overall range to boot for a close range weapon, essentially its a weapon that is weak in certain areas but a skilled player with it can make those rather moot in most situations, also I forgot to mention, the chargers that do best are the eliter, the squiffer and the bamboozler, I’ve only had issues with them, goo tuber and splat charger are pretty easy pickings if I use cover well and distract them with sprinklers

Edit: Oh I missed the part where you said crash blaster, yeah thats the only one that gives ky brella trouble due to its effective range and fire rate

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
That kit in itself is not bad, but I feel like it's going to be one of those cases where it is just going to be outclassed.
The regular Tri Slosher has arguably a better kit, at least right now in this meta and there are other inkstorm weapons that also paint really well and spams it for days coughZinkMinicoughDapplesNouveaucough

Cyan

Inkling Commander
That kit in itself is not bad, but I feel like it's going to be one of those cases where it is just going to be outclassed.
The regular Tri Slosher has arguably a better kit, at least right now in this meta and there are other inkstorm weapons that also paint really well and spams it for days coughZinkMinicoughDapplesNouveaucough
That doesn't matter to someone like myself who is neither competitive nor interested in the meta. Obviously for the competitive chances are it's a "that's nice" and move on weapon, but personally speaking this is a great weapon. I don't play most of the Ink Storm weapons because they don't gel well with me on the most part. This gives me a weapon with reliable kill potential (I'm used to using just the main for kills coming from a lot of time with vanilla in the first game) and a special I enjoy using (and one that deals a lot of tick damage rapidly, allowing for one hit sloshes, as well as an assisting splat bomb). I tend to go for weapons where they have a decent special, but more crucially (for myself), one that is enjoyable to use. I don't feel anything when using Ink Armor, it's boring.

On the other hand, something like Ink Storm where you create a "stay clear" zone, or run around with a Baller and detonate it is way more fun and enjoyable, and I just want to enjoy the game by playing viable weapons (maybe not meta viable, but Ranked and Squads viable) that are a hell of a lot of fun to play and have different playstyles to the plain meta weapons that turn up. We'll have to see, but this weapon could be a decent pick on teams that use Minis as you could have a vanilla instead for Burst Bomb harassment and Tenta spam whilst the Tri runs around picking people off and throwing Ink Storms to get chip damage and pushes started. I'm probably totally wrong with this prediction but I've watched 0 competitive gameplay for this game and probably never will.

LittleMissEevee

Inkling
NNID
Silverfury
Switch Friend Code
SW-5003-6584-4623
I mean if used well the brella with base kit inks with few beneficial clothing skills to about 1000, and I also get 4 inkstorms off a match

Last edited:
T

Tommy squid

Can your premium be cancelled if you decide you don't want it or can't afford it anymore?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Clash is actually fairly weak, but not against brellas because of one stupid patch that changed that all Blasters deal 3x damage to your shield. This basically means your shield is next to useless against them as they can swiftly take it down and then direct you to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom