Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I actually see the opening gambit being useful on weapons with point sensor since you automatically get an assist if that player is marked and then taken out, and on rapid blaster/ pro version since they normally get assists and kill quite easily.
I've learned to like my earrings... since it'll never come with any other blasted ability! But it does make me wonder about scenarios like rushdown ink armor or bomb launcher at the start of a match.

Reactions: the

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I say we increase the speed of firing for UB.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Opening Gambit: I see a rise in this only for bragging rights. How long can you keep it running?
I've seen the math done, and if it's understood correctly, as an example, assisting in a team wipe can give you a whole extra 30 seconds to your gambit bonus. And you can just keep that going with the right planning.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I gotta say I'm pretty satisfied with this update. Callie's info is actually pretty useful. Some of the Salmon Run stats are really interesting, such as how many players you save on an average per round. Also, interesting detail: you can just fire away and ink Callie. Like Marie, she has a special animation. I couldn't get the camera right in the video, but she shivers when inked. Splatoon goes crazy with all the little details, I swear.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Good to know I'm surely not the only one whose immediate inkstinct was to ink the girls, then follow through with it. ¬¬;

Don't judge me! I had to know, for non-science!

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Neo Splash might be my new favorite weapon. I can't wait to try it out in splat zones.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Apparently I'm splatted the most by Chum...

the

Inkling Commander

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Ohh has anyone noticed that visual effect on Respawn punisher when someone splat you? :o i forgot to take a pic, but check it next time someone with respawn punisher splats you!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Official @MINKUKEL 3.0.0 opinion time:
-Triggerfish is better, but I personally would've liked to see the ink rail more in the middle of the stage. Now it still retains its annoying ring-like shape. I just don't think that makes for good Splatoon matches. It's better than in S1 at least so I'm not gonna avoid it anymore.
-Triggerfish is nice in CB though. Did a few matches, and really enjoyed it. Haven't checked SZ yet but it looks bad. I like how they have a tinu little ramp randomly placed on the top portion of the stage (where you can climb up the gate) only in SZ, as if that's gonna make a difference.
-New Squiffer is fun, as is Neo Splash. Probably won't up as my most played weapons, but it's some extra variety to play around with. Haven't, and won't play the other ones.
-Takoroka logo on Toni Kensa shoes? Sloppy oversight, devs...
-They ruined the sprinkler and the curling bomb. Not enough to stop using them, but damn...Just as I was really getting into the Slosher Deco.
-NO interesting new gear in the shop this first 3.0.0 day. -_- Or at least, nothing with good abilities. Ordered some fun stuff off of people though, like a kung-fu shirt.
-Songs are fine. One of them's kinda forgettable, but the other one (I'm sure you know which one) is quite good.
-Callie/Marie have some weird information some times. 25% of my hits with the Slosher are when the enemy's higher or lower than me? Yeah...thanks, I guess...? Especially weird is how Callie said my most played Charger is the New Squiffer, which is by far my LEAST played Charger.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Yes, there's some small issues. The shoe screw-up, some translation errors in Callie's text, etc. It's a big update, so some small bugs were a given. I'm sure we'll get a hotfix patch today or tomorrows. (Presumebly when the next NA and EU Splatfest drop) For the most part this update' s launch was surpsingly smooth. Online ran well and miraculously wasn't a broken mess.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So post 3.0
Haunt is now suprisingly great, especially for the carrier on a team, now if you go into a mode like Clam Blitz or Rainmaker you can go in and punish players for taking you out. (Which mean I am going to have get more gear thar can actually make use of it)
Opening gambit sounds appealing but I have no use for it atm (plus I have no real gear to support it)

New squiffer is great a very offensive utility charger but I think it makes for a great carrier/attacker/defender hybrid.
Been running
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: inkresist inkresist
:ability_runspeed: inkresist, :ability_swimspeed:,ink resist
:ability_inkrecovery: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

But do need some gear recommendations for gloogas and the foil squeezer

Cyan

Inkling Commander
So it has recently come to my attention that Nintendo has yet again changed some of the weapon kits for unreleased weapons. This change has happened with the applied 3.0.0 patch, so I'll list the new kits, but remember as before these could change although I'm doubtful now (in fact I believe these are some of the weapons for next month):

Carbon Roller Deco: Burst Bombs/Autobomb Launcher (previously Sprinkler/Inkjet)

This is a pretty amazing change for the Carbon, we all know they utterly destroyed this weapon so now they've decided to fix it up by restoring the Burst Bomb combos/chip damage/mobility stuff you could do in the original. It seems like the devs went with this special to prevent it having a really good set like the first game where it was always a relevant threat and annoying sharker. For those of you who want a chicken spam weapon, you may be in luck now.

Custom Dualie Squelchers: Splat Bombs/Ink Storm (previously Splat Bombs/Sting Ray and even earlier Splat Bombs/Ink Armour)

Not quite the kit it was slated for at launch, but I think many people here can agree this is a much better set than the Sting Ray equivalent which would have made it a worse Custom Jet. This could be a better kit for the DS than the Tri-Slosher as it has range to act on any players in the Ink Storm without having to get dangerously close. Interesting change, but nothing that will set the world on fire.

Tenta Sorella Brella: Splash Wall/Curling Bomb Launcher (previously Splash Wall/Ink Armour)

This is the one directly worse change in my opinion, Ink Armour would have been a much better fit on a weapon that is rather slow at painting and moving, so having a little extra time to land the shots for a kill would have been appreciated. The Splash Wall is still a good idea on it, buys the user time to deal damage and open their brella to fire it as a path or just to protect teammates jumping in. An interesting kit, but the special now won't have good synergy with the main weapon anymore.

The changes are listed here as well now: http://leanny.github.io/splat2/en_files.html

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Hey, CDS is no longer a copy of the CJS again. Phew

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Official @MINKUKEL 3.0.0 opinion time:
-Triggerfish is better, but I personally would've liked to see the ink rail more in the middle of the stage. Now it still retains its annoying ring-like shape. I just don't think that makes for good Splatoon matches. It's better than in S1 at least so I'm not gonna avoid it anymore.
-Triggerfish is nice in CB though. Did a few matches, and really enjoyed it. Haven't checked SZ yet but it looks bad. I like how they have a tinu little ramp randomly placed on the top portion of the stage (where you can climb up the gate) only in SZ, as if that's gonna make a difference.
-New Squiffer is fun, as is Neo Splash. Probably won't up as my most played weapons, but it's some extra variety to play around with. Haven't, and won't play the other ones.
-Takoroka logo on Toni Kensa shoes? Sloppy oversight, devs...
-They ruined the sprinkler and the curling bomb. Not enough to stop using them, but damn...Just as I was really getting into the Slosher Deco.
-NO interesting new gear in the shop this first 3.0.0 day. -_- Or at least, nothing with good abilities. Ordered some fun stuff off of people though, like a kung-fu shirt.
-Songs are fine. One of them's kinda forgettable, but the other one (I'm sure you know which one) is quite good.
-Callie/Marie have some weird information some times. 25% of my hits with the Slosher are when the enemy's higher or lower than me? Yeah...thanks, I guess...? Especially weird is how Callie said my most played Charger is the New Squiffer, which is by far my LEAST played Charger.
How are you able to order different new gear from people in the square? Isn't the shop/app gear availability the same for everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom