Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Anyone had any run-ins with hackers yet? I mean those who create unfair advantages for themselves, not just graphical things.

Cephalobro

I didn't run into any of them yet, but one was spotted online by someone else. I really hope Nintendo permaban that hacker.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
Not yet, fortunately. However, I’m a bit worried that “I lost because of hax!!!1” will now become the new “I lost because my teammates were trash” excuse, even if it’s not a valid one.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
With weapon drops coming in fours now (or at least I assume it will still be another four), I figured we could start speculating a little earlier.

Here's the list of unreleased weapons that we know are coming:
  • Carbon Roller Deco
  • Custom Dualie Squelchers
  • Undercover Sorella Brella
  • Light Tetra Dualies
  • Bamboozler Mk II
  • Rapid Blaster Pro Deco
  • Tenta Sorella Brella
  • Custom Hydra Splatling
  • The Carbon Roller Deco is set to release with burst bomb and auto bomb launcher.
  • The Custom Dualie Squelchers are set to release with splat bomb and ink armor sting ray ink storm.
  • The Undercover Sorella Brella is set to release with splat bomb and baller.
  • The Light Tetra Dualies are set to release with sprinkler and splat bomb launcher.
  • The Bamboozler Mk II is set to release with toxic mist and burst bomb launcher.
  • The Rapid Blaster Pro Deco is set to release with splash wall and ink armor.
  • The Tenta Sorella Brella is set to release with splash wall and curling bomb launcher.
  • The Custom Hydra Splatling is set to release with ink mine and ink armor.

I think we'll be getting the Carbon Roller Deco and the Custom Dualie Squelchers for sure. I'd also assume that they'll drop a brella so they don't have to release them at the same time. I think they'll give us the Tenta Sorella Brella, but I wouldn't be shocked if they released the Undercover instead. I definitely don't think we'll be seeing the Custom Hydra or the Light Tetra Dualies, but I don't know whether I'd put my money on Bamboozler Mk II or Rapid Blaster Pro Deco. Probably the Rapid Pro since we got a charger in the last drop.

Regarding the new weapon concepts found in the game files, I'd be stoked if that bathtub weapon was released at the end of next week. It would probably mean that the rest of the weapons that got leaked are coming as well, and that downpour splatling sounds like my kind of weapon. I seriously doubt we'll be getting any brand new main weapons this time, though. Maybe in July.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
I’m thinking carbon is likely since we didn’t get a roller last time, and I think they’ll either release the tenta or hydra, but not both. I’m assuming they’re only gonna do one heavy weapon. I’d say rapid blaster pro is a safe bet, as well as dualie squelchers since the vanilla kit for those was one of the first few weapon releases in the game. If they don’t release tenta brella, we’re almost certainly getting undercover brella.

Cephalobro

It is very likely that the Carbon Roller Deco's special will change. Meaning that Auto Bomb Launcher will likely be unused.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only ones of those main weapons I like are the Squelchers, Bamboozler and Undercover, and thankfully they all come with good alt kits. Bamboozler has the novelty of being the only weapon with Burst Rush, and I desperately need more weapons with Splat Bombs.

the

Inkling Commander
It is very likely that the Carbon Roller Deco's special will change. Meaning that Auto Bomb Launcher will likely be unused.
I’m remaining optimistic, iirc only one or two weapons have had their set changed more than once. The sets leaked in march(?) seemed final, but then again they could put one over on us and switch it for something else. If they do swap it, I’d love ink storm. That would be super deadly with burst bombs!

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Wouldn't be the first time the carbon roller deco was the only weapon in the game with a player-tracking bomb rush.
Too bad, in Splatoon, it caused internet disconnection when I used Seeker Rush. :( It was crappy network with 10mps. Got replaced two years with slightly better 40mps.
Hopefully, this network is strong enough to handle Autobomb rush.

Cephalobro

Too bad, in Splatoon, it caused internet disconnection when I used Seeker Rush. :( It was crappy network with 10mps. Got replaced two years with slightly better 40mps.
Hopefully, this network is strong enough to handle Autobomb rush.
I think that may be the reason why it isn't going to be used. At this point, I don't think they care about weapon balance if they don't intend on letting the meta change naturally.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't see why of all things a lot of Autobombs specifically would cause connection problems.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
The only ones of those main weapons I like are the Squelchers, Bamboozler and Undercover, and thankfully they all come with good alt kits. Bamboozler has the novelty of being the only weapon with Burst Rush, and I desperately need more weapons with Splat Bombs.
Aw man, Bamboozler is the only one with Burst Bomb Launcher? Dang it, guess I'll never be able to use that special (I'm trash with Chargers but I love Burst Bomb).

the

Inkling Commander
Aw man, Bamboozler is the only one with Burst Bomb Launcher? Dang it, guess I'll never be able to use that special (I'm trash with Chargers but I love Burst Bomb).
We can always pray for some sheldon’s picks!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Honestly that's a good thing, Burst Bombs are and always will be disgusting. They really should've never been on high fire-rate weapons at all.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I have been busy lately preping for E3 but I noticed this so

Here are my opinions on the potential weapons

Carvon isn't coming, not with that kit, they have had opportunities to release this set in the past and haven't likely cause it would crash the server. So it will likely be adjusted before it is implemented

I honestly hope the dulies squelchers keep this set it is pretty unique and works with the weapons mobilty to keep pressure on the enemy...

I think bambi mk II kit looks good, but I do feel overall toxic mist needs a buff to it's effectiveness or it ink consumption cuz it cost too much and enemies can get out of it to quickly

Tenta brella kit, if you die with this you aren't shielding enough, this weapon will likely have terrible ink consumption, plus this kit lacks any range so I feel it need to be adjusted. Burst bombs/ink storm would be the perfect kit for it imo so i hope it is changed

The rapid blaster pro deco and the Undercover Sorella brella kit synergize well with their kits and hope they are included in this weapon update though the UC brella is consider one of the worst weapons I do feel that it's new kit and subsequent buff will make this a interesting option to play with, while the rapid pro deco will be an amazing backline suport with enough special charge up

Light tetra duelies sounds pretty interesting combo and will likely generate tons of special, I feel like this weapon will find itself a niche in modes like rainmaker and clam blitz and might even take the place of the dapples in some comps.

The weakest weapon by far is the hydra, it does have potential cuz it might have a low special charge rate but will likely get nerfed, inkmines though do have some use here since it can be used with a partial charge (similar to the eliter 4k) to handle an enemy foolish enough to rush.

Also some interesting news
Along with the bathtub I have heard that they datamined a charge keep splatling

I don't think any of the splatlings (outside of the heavy deco and mini) will stand a chance once this comes into play but might actually get me to try out splatling a whole lot more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom