• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
*totes not jealous of your adventure, honest* ¬¬;

So what the heck is that Ninjala game anyway and will it probably be any good from what you can tell? MHA is an arena fighter or a Dynasty Warriors type game, and is it shaping up into something good if the latter?
I try and explain it the best I can but ninjala has you fight a group of 4 to 8 people to collect some kind of energy you can gain it by fighting drone, hitting lantern or beating players the one who has the most points wins.
You play by blowing bubbles to either form a weapon (larger bubble mean strong weapon...but slower mobility), climb wall like spiderman, or shoot it at an enemy to stick them in place so you can attack. Enemy can lop your bubble if they hit it.

Overall it was really fun and crative, though 4 player map was a little confined (8 player maps were great though)

That's because the point of the Splattershot isn't to inflict damage, but to 'poison' people.

What I find the most interesting about Inkling is that you can apparentely recover health while submerged. I have yet to read anything about the rate that that happens in, but that sounds cool.

All in all, I think Inkling represents Splatoon pretty well, but it's such a shame that it's all Splatoon 1 related (especially with hair-styles now being a thing), and there could be a few more weapons used. Like, where's the charger? Gotta have the charger.
I know it's job is to posion but multi jab deals more damage, and posions the enemy while saving ink. Making it slightly better
I also got a terrible video of the gameplay (was holding the camera in 1 hand while fighting with the other)....I will try and edit it and post it if I can get it to look semi good

Yeah it charger or splatling might possibly be in one of the throws I didn't get to test it though, I also am hoping they allow yoy to store gear on your amiibo to use as a skin....but honestly I am more ok if they don't.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well~ :oops: it is new content and it has been that way with new content for the pass year~... so~ NOPE ofcourse! :p
It's still kinda weird that despite the fact that the Tentatek Splattershot almost never appears compared to its vanilla counterpart, the moment a new skin for it appears people use it no matter if they like it.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
It's still kinda weird that despite the fact that the Tentatek Splattershot almost never appears compared to its vanilla counterpart, the moment a new skin for it appears people use it no matter if they like it.
Inkjet is far and away the most popular special in the game right now and splashdown is far and away the least popular...

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
All in all, I think Inkling represents Splatoon pretty well, but it's such a shame that it's all Splatoon 1 related (especially with hair-styles now being a thing), and there could be a few more weapons used. Like, where's the charger? Gotta have the charger.
Maybe splat chargers will be an item and weren't in the demo version.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Inkjet is far and away the most popular special in the game right now and splashdown is far and away the least popular...
Maybe you're talking competitive stuff, but I'm just talking about what I see more often online. And the regular Splattershot is much more common, even taking into account that it too has a fancy skin available.
The Tentatek simply did not appear a lot, but has since a few days in the form of the Octoshot.

Also, Splashdown/Burst is much, much better on the Splattershot, as an aside.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Maybe you're talking competitive stuff, but I'm just talking about what I see more often online. And the regular Splattershot is much more common, even taking into account that it too has a fancy skin available.
The Tentatek simply did not appear a lot, but has since a few days in the form of the Octoshot.

Also, Splashdown/Burst is much, much better on the Splattershot, as an aside.
100% in competitive but also like 99% for online. I almost never see the vanilla splattershot anymore, and I'm always surprised when I do.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Weird, I have the opposite. And I much prefer the vanilla myself too.
I mean, I don't mind, because I'd rather deal with Inkjets, which you can usually just kill, than with a Splashdown spam every 10 second.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Every time I see a vanilla blaster or vanilla splattershot in ranked I seriously wonder what they're thinking given how useless splashdown is. I almost never see them as opposed to the custom blaster and the tentatek splattershot. I mean perhaps it's different in higher X lobbies... but maybe that tells you something about which one is better ;) I've been using the ttek for a while as well as custom blaster ever since I saw and started participating in the act of shutting down splashdowns. Inkjet is by far the most popular special right now and it's incredibly strong in the right hands. This is also why I believe it's a balanced special. High skill ceiling high skill floor. Splashdown is low skill floor low skill ceiling. People have been using inkjet variants for months now in solo and in competitive.

[EDIT]: Don't get me wrong I've seen some great vanilla blasters and vanilla splattershots. Good vanilla blasters are just good at the main weapon and I never see them using their kit that much tbh. Good splattershots are a little more common just because of burst bombs - but still - learning how to use inkjet is suuuppper good.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Inkjet is by far the most popular special right now and it's incredibly strong in the right hands. This is also why I believe it's a balanced special. High skill ceiling high skill floor. Splashdown is low skill floor low skill ceiling. People have been using inkjet variants for months now in solo and in competitive.
In the right hands and/or for people, like me, who realized just how far special power up can go towards helping out a so-so inkjet player.

For my money, baller, inkjet and bubbles are the most FUN specials, so it's good that at least two of those three are very popular specials right now.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Splashdown used to be good, but a wierd quirk with the last update made it much easier to shoot the Splashdowing target out of the air. Once you're in higher level lobbies it's far too easy to get punished for it, unless you only do it during SJ'ing.

On the flipside, vBlaster doesn't pack a meme sub and has actual synergy with it's sub weapon, so there's that. But Toxic Mist still isn't very good, so that's why the majority of players just go with custom Blaster and never hit the R button.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Splashdown used to be good, but a wierd quirk with the last update made it much easier to shoot the Splashdowing target out of the air. Once you're in higher level lobbies it's far too easy to get punished for it, unless you only do it during SJ'ing.

On the flipside, vBlaster doesn't pack a meme sub and has actual synergy with it's sub weapon, so there's that. But Toxic Mist still isn't very good, so that's why the majority of players just go with custom Blaster and never hit the R button.
Not to mention that you can safely build up specials during base locks with the custom blaster BECAUSE it has a lethal bomb (IE- a bomb that inks). It's much harder to get back in with a vanilla blaster because toxic mist doesn't build special (something that should maybe be fixed but I'm not sure exactly how).

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Not to mention that you can safely build up specials during base locks with the custom blaster BECAUSE it has a lethal bomb (IE- a bomb that inks). It's much harder to get back in with a vanilla blaster because toxic mist doesn't build special (something that should maybe be fixed but I'm not sure exactly how).
Also since splashdown is utterly worthless trying to push back in. It doesn't help at all. Inkjet can get multiple kills and paints a lot and provides tons of pressure, whereas splashdown does nothing.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As far as the Blaster goes, I think both subs fit it very well, but I'd much prefer to have a panic button on it than the Inkjet. Not to mention as far as my playing goes, activating the Inkjet just turns me into a ****tier Blaster.

IDK man, but I kill more Inkjets than Inkjets kill me. I'm sure that it is good in the right hands. Everything in Splatoon is good in the right hands, even kits that might seem ridiculous. But I don't encounter those right hands.
Splashdown to me is just a great panic button type thing and certainly works well on the Blaster and the Splattershot. Follow up with a Burst Bomb or a Blaster shot and you've pretty much got yourself a guaranteed kill.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
In the right hands and/or for people, like me, who realized just how far special power up can go towards helping out a so-so inkjet player.

For my money, baller, inkjet and bubbles are the most FUN specials, so it's good that at least two of those three are very popular specials right now.
Honestly everytime I play inkjet I find awesome ways to skip through large portions of the map, like camp triggerfish you can completely jump the gap from the snipe grates.
Get to the top of the flank wall in walleye warehouse
And sturegon shipyard allows for this

Bubbler I honestly play all special power up and baller, honestly this weapon is just hysterical to drop down on someone and blow up

As far as the Blaster goes, I think both subs fit it very well, but I'd much prefer to have a panic button on it than the Inkjet. Not to mention as far as my playing goes, activating the Inkjet just turns me into a ****tier Blaster.

IDK man, but I kill more Inkjets than Inkjets kill me. I'm sure that it is good in the right hands. Everything in Splatoon is good in the right hands, even kits that might seem ridiculous. But I don't encounter those right hands.
Splashdown to me is just a great panic button type thing and certainly works well on the Blaster and the Splattershot. Follow up with a Burst Bomb or a Blaster shot and you've pretty much got yourself a guaranteed kill.
The splashdown is great with a cuforim for followup damage, but it is also stagnant and tbh slow, it is too easy to react to right now, if was a little bit quicker then I feel it would be much stronger.

Whereas with the inkjet it is a matter skill, it is fairly bad if you just activate but using it's mobility it become a very strong and unique special able to do the stuff mentioned above fairly easily...

H0kag3_

Inkling
Can someone explain to me what makes splashdown and tenta missiles so bad in competitive? I use em all the time and they help more than hinder, but they're the talk of the town when it comes to worse specials.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Can someone explain to me what makes splashdown and tenta missiles so bad in competitive? I use em all the time and they help more than hinder, but they're the talk of the town when it comes to worse specials.
Splashdown is easily shut down. In competitive, most people have on point aim and generally have a good idea when you might use Splashdown, if you use it, you're usually gonna be shot down immediately. If you're anything less than competitive however, people usually aren't as much used to shutting them down.

Tenta Missiles, they just aren't a consistent killing special. But I do believe that people are sleeping on the viability of it in terms of supplying teammates with information or just being a good anti Charger/Splatling/Stingray weapon.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
After playing through OctoExpansion, I'm not sure I like the... Inkjet propaganda training exercises therein.

With the health recovery buff, then the minor Sting Ray nerf, and the Inkjet movement buff, it became harder and harder to shoot down inkjets with the sting ray (hey, you have your hobbies, I have mine!) as time goes on. Now, shooting them down with sting rays will become the "dark souls of sting ray targets," let alone damaging them.

I'm gonna go sulk in a corner for a bit.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well, during the final parts of the Octo campaign
you do go around and sort of 'build' the Octo Shot's kit from the sub-main-special. And I guess this gives the player some inspiration to use the weapon.
That, and the (personal) fact that the base TTek looks NAUSEATING. It sports an out of proportion like design with the nozzle being massive compared to the rest of the weapon's proportion. It also has a clashing color theme of purple, pink, and green. Like, just pick two analogous colors and perhaps one contrasting one for a design that doesn't look like candy vomit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom