• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The question is: is it last Splatfest?
Nah, last year they stated two years of Splatfests, so next year is presumably our last.

Not sure how I'm feelin the topic, especially so soon after OctoExpansion--but I respect that product hustle.

This fest is as tough a choice as picking between Callie and Marie, even tougher since we get squad battles too! Mrgrgrrr--why must I chose between their smiles!!!

Cephalobro

In that case, I hope this Splatfest isn't the last one, that's only if the last Splatfest of the game affected the production of the next game.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
We all know this isn't the last splatfest. It's going for at least another year

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I've always liked the octoling design more than the inkling's, even in splat 1 (though granted i still much prefer them with the octo valley hair style). I've always picked splatfests based on my own preference and this won't be any different. Plus isn't this more like a species war instead of a race war? Bleh who cares. I'm just here for the memes. I doubt this'll effect future splatoon games (much). Callie vs Marie was the final Splatfest so it kinda made sense for it to effect the next game, not to mention we still have at the very least half a year more of splatfests to go.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If you haven't got the news yet, Splatoon JP twitter announced the contents for the Off The Hook amiibo. Gear-wise, it's their OctoExpansion clothes.
Code:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1015158537717145601
Nothing overwhelming, but that's too be expected. No idea as to gear abilities yet.

I'm guessing OG Octoling Armor and Agent 8 gear will be with the Octoling pack.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Looks like it also unlocks alternative appearances for Squid Beatz 2, based on Pearl and Marina's fashion styles

Cephalobro

I actually think the Splatoon 1 Octoling Armor set will actually be obtained through Grizzco, while the normal Agent 8 gear and first armored version of it (the one with the white helmet) will be unlocked by the Octoling amiibos. (Just speculation on my part)

Octoling Girl unlocks: Agent 8 top and boots, not sure what headgear this amiibo can unlock, maybe a replica of the green stuff seen on Agent 3's head when they were controlled.

Octoling Boy unlocks: Test Helmet, Test Armor and Test Boots.

Octoling Octopus unlocks: The Octo Samurai Jacket, not sure what other gear this amiibo can unlock.

Just my thoughts on how it could go.

the

Inkling Commander
Is there a way to unlock the splatoon 1 hero gear yet? (I forget if the boots and headset are the same between 1 and 2, but i know the jacket is at least different from the splatoon 2 one, so maybe that will be a thing)

Also inb4 all the cool pieces of gear have ink resistance

Cephalobro

Is there a way to unlock the splatoon 1 hero gear yet? (I forget if the boots and headset are the same between 1 and 2, but i know the jacket is at least different from the splatoon 2 one, so maybe that will be a thing)

Also inb4 all the cool pieces of gear have ink resistance
They are unlocked through the Callie and Marie amiibos.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
They are unlocked through the Callie and Marie amiibos.
Oh ok thanks for letting me know! (Checking nearest locations online) I probably should get those when I can (driving to gamestop) Not right now of course since I’m saving money (getting out my wallet) I can’t afford to be spending money on (driving home) HOW DID THESE GET HERE

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
If you haven't got the news yet, Splatoon JP twitter announced the contents for the Off The Hook amiibo. Gear-wise, it's their OctoExpansion clothes.
Nothing overwhelming, but that's too be expected. No idea as to gear abilities yet.
While I'm glad we're getting the Pearl and Marina Amiibo, I'm not so sure about having a crown as a piece of gear is such a good idea - I feel like it might get to the head's of a specific few people, palaces for splatoon confirmed?!

I mean I still need to get the Callie amiibo, but they're so expensive online. Do amiibo even get restocked anymore?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I mean I still need to get the Callie amiibo, but they're so expensive online. Do amiibo even get restocked anymore?
Yeah the prices of many amiibo is rather gross with the prices many third party sellers are hawking. I'm still trying to get the Splatoon 2 3-pack myself at a reasonable price.

I have no idea what the deal is with Nintendo's restocking practices, but I see why some people find alternate routes to obtain amiibo data! Would be nice if maybe they could create some sort of print-on-demand service for amiibo. There's a demand for them and it's not like they get any money from resellers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Think I may just go ahead and actually preorder the Off the Hook and Octoling packs to save myself future trouble.

Cephalobro

One thing I discovered about Amiibos: They are not region-locked, my brother bought a Japanese Squid Sisters Amiibo pack as a surprise gift for me. So don't worry about regions if you buy the Squid Sisters Amiibos. North America is the region that my copy of Splatoon 2 is from.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
For anyone who doesn’t care that much about Amiibos as collector’s items/figurines/toys, there are methods to getting Amiibo content without getting them, but I’ve edited out what those methods are as not to condone them.

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Psst, @Spaceswitchmars, you might want to remove or rephrase that remark. That could be construed as promotion of... questionable practices by some (rather than mentioning it exists?), and is something we don't want to get called out for. Just in case.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So, uh, I'd say that it's been a while, but I feel I've been back long enough (both in-game and on this site) that that's not the case anymore.

That being said, it's still been 6 months or so, so there's still some stuff I'm in the dark about. So I'll ask anyway: other than the DLC, is there anything big that I've missed? Any weapons that dominate competitive play, old or new? Are all the old bad weapons still bad? Any abilities made better/worse? Squid partiers still squid partyin'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom