Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It's not the shape of the bathtub that causes bouncing ink bubbles to come from the bath. It's an ink bubble bath.
Oh, I hadn't seen the video yet. That's not much like the datamined version, that had the one big blob and two, non-damaging side blobs. This really should have been the bubblelobber.

Zybymier

Inkling
SOOO excited for the new weapons!

I feel like the bloblobber has a lot of potential-- similar to how a good player can get burst shots with the explodsher, it will be the skilled players who can get the OHKO with the bloblobber.

Out of curiosity, do we know the kits for the new weapons?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Oh, I hadn't seen the video yet. That's not much like the datamined version, that had the one big blob and two, non-damaging side blobs. This really should have been the bubblelobber.
Yup. And even if the weapon sucks, I absolutely love the design idea here. Frickin' Nintendo, right?

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
The bloblobber looks fun, I can’t wait to go fire-mario on some fools. If I use this and the explosher all the time will that make me a slosher main...?!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
For everyone asking about the new weapon kits, there's this page on Inkipedia, and it's under the details section.

Bloblobber should have Splashwall and Inkjet, while Nautilus 47 should have Curling Bomb and Ink Armor.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
of curiosity, do we know the kits for the new weapons?
There's a post way back in this thread that had info on the datamined Ballpoint, Nautilus, and Bloblobber. It accurately predicted the ballpoint's toxic mist and inkjet, so I'm trusting it for these as well.

Nautilus 47: Curling Bomb and Ink Armor
Bloblobber: Splash Wall and Inkjet
Nautilus 47 (come to think of it the alt kit might just be a different number like Nautilus 74): Point Sensor and Splashdown
Bloblobber: Ink Mine and Sting Ray

Edit: XD same time.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'll probably pass on the Nautilus 47, it seem to have a bit longer than Mini Splatling range, probably closer to Splattershot Pro range so it is a semi-long ranged weapon. Charge time seems to be pretty similar to the Heavy, and also has the recharge ability on top of storage.

Seems go if you wanna do some more aggressive play since charge storage will definitely allow for more aggressive play, but I've always been more hang back kind of guy when it comes to Splatlings. So I'll probably just stick to the Heavy Deco when it comes to Splatlings.

Bloblobber seems interest to say the least. Thank god the thing is a lot more tame than it was during development. Interesting that it is a potential one shot splat if all 4 bubbles hit. Seeing how people take advantage of the banking is gonna be fun and its actually range seems great, 5 units. Wonder how the weapon will fair when it comes to targets above, its travel range it great, but its initial arc may be mediocre making it much more of a level of high ground weapon.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Pretty sure this hasn’t been mentioned yet: The Tentas will now fire more missiles if you only have one or two targets - with two, you’ll fire 5 for each, and if you have only one target, the special will fire a whopping 10 missiles at it.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i look forward to use the bathtub slosher,just because it looks like a silly weapon is why i wanna use it! xD

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm really not looking foward to the tenta missile buff. Just in time for splatfest...ugh.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Now that's a mighty fine birthday present! Loving the Tentamissle buff, now always 10 missles minimum, can target rainmaker shield (being able to target 5 things at once finally relevant), and Special Power Up might be worth using on it. Definitely pulling out the Hero Slosher first thing after the update!

Lot's of other nice buffs aswell, especially the Splattershot Jr., though I hate the Dualie Squelcher nerf. Whatever happened to buffing it every update lol? Well the vanilla's kit got buffed so there's that, but eh it's all about the Custom now. 6% less delay before Squeezer goes rapid fire mode doesn't sound like much, but still a step in the right direction.

Was never big on Ancho-V but eh all my favorite maps returned already so anything else is just a bonus! Yet another new Slosher is just amazing. Knew it existed from datamine but did not expect it so soon! Kit is great, can't go wrong with Splash Walls/Inkjet even if they lack synergy together. Main weapon itself I really love the look of, but I'm not sure how good it'll be just yet. Gives me H-3 Nozzlenoze vibes as it's theoretically really good as it can kill in a single slosh unlike the others, but getting that single slosh to connect properly will probably be challenging. Of course you can also spread the bubbles out, but then it's 4-hit kill so not sure how effective that'll be. Very interested in getting my hands on this one!

the

Inkling Commander
Loving the Tentamissle buff, now always 10 missles minimum
I remember that when splatoon 2 was shown at E3 2017, one of the localization folks mentioned the name tenta-missiles was a misguided pun, because they originally thought it would fire exactly ten missiles. I guess this buff retroactively made the name more appropriate!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
More reason to hate the tenta missiles. Freaking yay...I was already sick of it but now I have to worry about it more??? Why missiles...the bane of my existence. Even not as a charger they suck.

Juniors can just about double auto bomb.

The timer for the inkjet is the symbol itself to pay attention to.

Squeezer transition to rapid fire is a lot cleaner.

Other things I'm too lazy to type. I have mixed feelings about this update. The H-3 sound though I think it is? So nice.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Not seeing any difference with Special Power Up on Tenta Missles unfortunately. =/

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom