• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Why haven't we heard anything about Metroid Prime 5 yet? It's been like more than a year
It was an early tease. It'll probably still be a while before they have anything ready to share. We don't even have a tenta(tek)tive release date yet.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It was an early tease. It'll probably still be a while before they have anything ready to share. We don't even have a tenta(tek)tive release date yet.
Wasn't Smash a tease though?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well with the inevitable end of August being a week from now shall we speculate the kits for the September load-out?

I think that;
Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau: Squid Beakon+Tenta Missiles
Nautilus #: Curling bomb+Splat bomb launcher
Custom Explosher: Ink Mine+Ink Jet
Blob-lobber Deco: Squid Beakon+Splash down/Bubble Blower

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Well with the inevitable end of August being a week from now shall we speculate the kits for the September load-out?

I think that;
Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau: Squid Beakon+Tenta Missiles
Nautilus #: Curling bomb+Splat bomb launcher
Custom Explosher: Ink Mine+Ink Jet
Blob-lobber Deco: Squid Beakon+Splash down/Bubble Blower
Well actually, they've been datamined already, so...

Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau: Squid Beakon + Splashdown
[NO NAME] Nautilus #: Suction Bomb + Ink Armor
Custom Explosher: Autobomb + Baller
Bloblobber Deco: Piyo + Suction Bomb Launcher.

Piyo is a datamined sub weapon. It is a bomb that increases the number of times it explodes depending on how long you "shake" it. Think of it like how you can "cook" a curling bomb.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander

Piyo is a datamined sub weapon. It is a bomb that increases the number of times it explodes depending on how long you "shake" it. Think of it like how you can "cook" a curling bomb.
Those datamined kits look different from the last instalment I saw. How recent is this?

One way or another, I'm so down for having Beakons on a splatling for once. I can play it as a total support weapon. Splashdown is more of a "Oh crap, I've messed up a CQC encounter. Honestly I would have preferred Tenta Missiles just because I suck at keeping track of where people are, and those persistent reticles are a blessing. Let's hope they can't snap up and hit me." Ink Armour on the Nautilus might help it be more agressive. I feel like the new Explosher is much weaker than the original. And as for the... I guess soda can sub? Well we'll have to see how that goes. It seems like more of a "Haha, you can't enter this area for the next few seconds" kind of thing, which couples kind of redundantly with the splat bomb launcher.

EDIT: Oops. 12 hours later I realize I ignored the concept of “spoilers”.

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Those datamined kits look different from the last instalment I saw. How recent is this?

One way or another, I'm so down for having Beakons on a splatling for once. I can play it as a total support weapon. Splashdown is more of a "Oh crap, I've messed up a CQC encounter. Honestly I would have preferred Tenta Missiles just because I suck at keeping track of where people are, and those persistent reticles are a blessing. Let's hope they can't snap up and hit me." Ink Armour on the Nautilus might help it be more agressive. I feel like the new Explosher is much weaker than the original. And as for the... I guess soda can sub? Well we'll have to see how that goes. It seems like more of a "Haha, you can't enter this area for the next few seconds" kind of thing, which couples kind of redundantly with the splat bomb launcher.
This is the only installment I've personally seen (Lean either posted or reposted someone else's). What was in what you saw and when did you see it? This one has been out since the first week of this month, so if the one you saw was much more recent than that, it may be more accurate.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet

Bloblobber looks to be a complete area denialist (as if the original wasn't bad enough).
Custom Explosher doesn't seem to have much synergy with it's special, which I guess can be said about original but I do like the Autobomb. It helps with predicting enemy movements and can force opponents to move into your blast which is nice.
I think that Nautilus should have burst bomb launcher cause only Bamboozler has it, no Splatling has it, and the Nautilus could create much more ink to swim in.
I don't have anything to say about Ballpoint.

Cephalobro

Played against a Bloblobber today and its smaller bubbles need their damages nerfed. A weapon of this capacity should instead rely on chip damage as it looks like it was clearly made for that. The only thing stopping its rampage is the Ink Armor as I have noticed.

Cephalobro

Just more Octoling hairstyles in general. The fact each gender is limited to two hairstyles each doesn't allow for much of a cosmetic choice. Rooting for October to be the month in which Octolings would get four hairstyles each to allow them to catch up to the Inklings.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

Not that I don't believe this but I would like a source aswell. A bit skeptical they'd release the new sub weapon without announcing it well beforehand like they have with new content in the past. But for funs I'll assume this is indeed accurate.

Piyo if it still functions the same as videos shown looks pretty mediocre. Has to be charged unlike every other sub weapon, and for an effect that realistically wont splat on it's own. Hopefully it's atleast low ink cost. For the Bloblobber Deco specifically, not really seeing what uses it has here, whereas Splash Wall helps cover it's weaknesses and can help push/defend in all modes. Thus the only reason to use the Deco is for Suction Rush, but Ink Storm is great special still.

Well a weapon is getting Beakon + Splashdown, just not the Explosher as I was hoping for, but it'll still work well for the same reasons. Of course the kit on the vanilla Ballpoint Splatling will be seen as superior, but the Nouveau will be unique and fun making it the weapon I'm most looking forward too out of the bunch.

Custom Explosher is just disappointing. It's a backline weapon with a frontline special. Really don't know what the devs were thinking here. Maybe it can work, but I really doubt it. If I want Explosher I'll play vanilla, if I want Baller I'll play Slosher Deco, not this unsynergistic mess. Also, my favorite weapon type ain't getting my favorite special, much sadness.

Nautilus alt seriously not getting curling bombs... okay then... Atleast the kit is good, albeit boring and generic, but good.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Not that I don't believe this but I would like a source aswell. A bit skeptical they'd release the new sub weapon without announcing it well beforehand like they have with new content in the past. But for funs I'll assume this is indeed accurate.

Piyo if it still functions the same as videos shown looks pretty mediocre. Has to be charged unlike every other sub weapon, and for an effect that realistically wont splat on it's own. Hopefully it's atleast low ink cost. For the Bloblobber Deco specifically, not really seeing what uses it has here, whereas Splash Wall helps cover it's weaknesses and can help push/defend in all modes. Thus the only reason to use the Deco is for Suction Rush, but Ink Storm is great special still.

Well a weapon is getting Beakon + Splashdown, just not the Explosher as I was hoping for, but it'll still work well for the same reasons. Of course the kit on the vanilla Ballpoint Splatling will be seen as superior, but the Nouveau will be unique and fun making it the weapon I'm most looking forward too out of the bunch.

Custom Explosher is just disappointing. It's a backline weapon with a frontline special. Really don't know what the devs were thinking here. Maybe it can work, but I really doubt it. If I want Explosher I'll play vanilla, if I want Baller I'll play Slosher Deco, not this unsynergistic mess. Also, my favorite weapon type ain't getting my favorite special, much sadness.

Nautilus alt seriously not getting curling bombs... okay then... Atleast the kit is good, albeit boring and generic, but good.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Dang so they were known since July. Gives me hope Nintendo has made some tweaks to the kits as they have done before.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
My undying wish is for the Dapple Dualies to get Splat Bomb+Ink jet/Bubble Blower.
That would be three dualies weapons with ink jet. Like Dolphin sort of hinted at, that would make me think a slosher is more due for an ink jet weapon than another dualies. Not that there can't be both.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
That would be three dualies weapons with ink jet. Like Dolphin sort of hinted at, that would make me think a slosher is more due for an ink jet weapon than another dualies. Not that there can't be both.
I know, I know its just that I think Dapplies can benefit from a special that increases their range along with a lethal bomb.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Also, the downside to 3rd kit variants is the inevitable bad kit. You never know, your favourite weapon might get the special treatment to having Ink mine+Splash down.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I know, I know its just that I think Dapplies can benefit from a special that increases their range along with a lethal bomb.
I wonder if they'll get a baller instead. I'd almost expect them to get one of the two panic specials (splashdown or baller) and either the soda bomb or splat bomb.

Ink jet works on literally any weapon, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that elsewhere. I also remembered that brellas don't have an ink jet special yet either, right? I feel like that could be pretty cool, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom