• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Well actually, they've been datamined already, so...

Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau: Squid Beakon + Splashdown
[NO NAME] Nautilus #: Suction Bomb + Ink Armor
Custom Explosher: Autobomb + Baller
Bloblobber Deco: Piyo + Suction Bomb Launcher.

Piyo is a datamined sub weapon. It is a bomb that increases the number of times it explodes depending on how long you "shake" it. Think of it like how you can "cook" a curling bomb.
No way, they actually gave a weapon Beakons + Splashdown... the Ballpoint, no less. Guess I’ll have to learn that weapon sometime.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I wonder if they'll get a baller instead. I'd almost expect them to get one of the two panic specials (splashdown or baller) and either the soda bomb or splat bomb.

Ink jet works on literally any weapon, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that elsewhere. I also remembered that brellas don't have an ink jet special yet either, right? I feel like that could be pretty cool, actually.
Seeing as how no Dualies currently have Bubble Blower, and the other 2 specials you mentioned are already on 2 other Dualies, I think that Dapplies will get Bubble Blower (also fits their theme of staying fresh:cool:). They also have the ability to shred through nearly anything and seeing as how the devs gave both variants decent kits, I think that Dapplies are in a (somewhat) safe position. And who says you can't dream?

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Seeing as how no Dualies currently have Bubble Blower, and the other 2 specials you mentioned are already on 2 other Dualies, I think that Dapplies will get Bubble Blower (also fits their theme of staying fresh:cool:). They also have the ability to shred through nearly anything and seeing as how the devs gave both variants decent kits, I think that Dapplies are in a (somewhat) safe position. And who says you can't dream?
I think A dualies will get blower, and it's my DREAM to have it on a short ranged weapon. I don't really get why they haven't done it yet. Luna would also be a fun fit for blower, but I'm probably biased as a luna main.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Seeing as how the only closest range weapon with Bubble Blower is Squeezer/Forge, and Forge in the meta being considered a flexible Clam Blitz weapon, a close range weapon may have the potential to wipe the Forge from it's place as Heavy Deco fills the defensive, back-liner niche better, and most close range weapons have better ttk, ink consumption, and mobility.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's kind of a shame there's nothing fast and short-ranged with the Bubble Blower right now.

Then again, with randoms, the Bubble Blower is literally unusable, so if it were up to me, it wouldn't even exist because any kit that has it is automatically useless to me. The sooner they release the second Explosher, the better.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
This is the only installment I've personally seen (Lean either posted or reposted someone else's). What was in what you saw and when did you see it? This one has been out since the first week of this month, so if the one you saw was much more recent than that, it may be more accurate.
The other datamine post I saw was substantially earlier, so this one is more likely accurate. The old Ballpoint Nouveau kit was Splat Bombs and Tenta Missiles, which honestly I’d have been fine with. The current Ballpoint may be powerful, but the Inkjet is a disaster in my hands.

As a side note, a short range weapon with bubbler would be neat, especially the Dapples. Use the bubbles to get in close, then dodge roll into a fast-pop centered around you.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
In Splatoon 1 most of the Sheldon's Picks kits consisted of bombs, Krakens and Inkzookas. Hopefully they'll be more creative this time and not just give everything Inkjet along with giving uncommon subs like Squid Beacons and Inkmines to the right weapons.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/428552561/splatoon-2-version-40

This is a presumed leak for 4.0.0 of Splatoon 2, with the legitimacy of the hacked data pending.

Also, this is Four Chan, so be prepared for some... How should I put it... Bluntly speaking, vile, vile stuff.
The only thing's of that that I can believe is the new SR map, the new special, the new sub, the remaining 4 custom kits (Ballpoint, explosher, bloblobber, and Nautilus). I think that's about it. I'll believe them when I see them.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
The only thing's of that that I can believe is the new SR map, the new special, the new sub, the remaining 4 custom kits (Ballpoint, explosher, bloblobber, and Nautilus). I think that's about it. I'll believe them when I see them.
Not even the 4 new hair styles, or the return of High Tide Era {°•°}?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Well actually the new sub weapon has already been datamined by someone reliable, and while it didn't have a 3D model at the time, the animations associated with using it DO suggest it's a soda can of some kind.

Also, the new special weapon was quite primative in its datamine. It looked like you hold it above your head and it grows in size, then you chuck it onto the floor where it creates a swirl outwards from the centre like the Splatoon 1 Inkstrike. I imagine that it'll be reworked a lot before it's released, if ever.

If nothing else, the 4chan user has probably seen this and just injected that into their "leaks" to make it seem more credible; a lot of things they said seem unreasonable.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well actually the new sub weapon has already been datamined by someone reliable, and while it didn't have a 3D model at the time, the animations associated with using it DO suggest it's a soda can of some kind.

Also, the new special weapon was quite primative in its datamine. It looked like you hold it above your head and it grows in size, then you chuck it onto the floor where it creates a swirl outwards from the centre like the Splatoon 1 Inkstrike. I imagine that it'll be reworked a lot before it's released, if ever.

If nothing else, the 4chan user has probably seen this and just injected that into their "leaks" to make it seem more credible; a lot of things they said seem unreasonable.
The sub and special I have seen the videos for. Those I do believe as there is video proof of them from reliable sources.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I personally don't think Nintenders is going to add a new sub weapon this far into the game's lifespan, theres only 4 months left till December when content updates end. This either means that Bloblobber will be the only Sploda can weapon or, all of Sheldon's picks will have this sub weapon which could cause more damage to the viability of weapons than necessary.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
whoa! that's a huge update if it's true! and for the new ranked mode..i thought it was going to be something to do with a rocket? at least there was a rumor going around about it while also leaks showed up o: and i really think that if new maps and a new mode would come,then hackers would already had leaked it and showed us about it on youtube,since they did the same with new albacore hotel,Wahoo world & Ancho-V games

and i personally don't think december will be their last update..they did say they will keep going until december at least,but they said nothing about stopping to update the content after this >.< Splatoon 2 is such a popular game and i think that even when Smash ultimate comes out that there will still be alot of people playing it,i think they knew Smash was coming out during that time and that's why they said what they said,since they aren't sure or Splatoon 2 will still be popular after december.but i'm sure when they realize alot of people will still be playing it then they will keep going with the content updates in 2019! :D besides i still want my more hairstyle options for the octolings!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Everything said:

>Four new weapons: Switch Dualies (One reticle has high range and damage, but shoots slowly, while the other reticle has low damage and range, but shoots more rapid. Sides can switch after dodge rolling), Storm Brella (A weak Brella with an offensive shield that shoots off at a fast pace and explodes). Correcto Dualies (Dualies with a long single dodge roll that inks the ground), and Prop Brella (A Brella where the shield remains stationary after launch).
>Custom Explosher, Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau, Bloblobber Deco, and Nautilus 79 also revealed
>New sub weapon: Sploda Can. A soda can sub that can be shaken causing multiple explosions
>New Special: Attakoyaki. A throwable special where the longer it's held, the more it will cover
>Four new and returning maps: Hamlet Theatre (September 1st), Museum D'alfonsino, Isopod Rink (November 1st), and Flounder Heights
>New Ranked Mode: Eight-Ball. Goal is to push an 8-ball to the opponent's base. Obstacles such as bumpers are also present. Releases in October
>Ranked is also split into two lobbies. Classic Ranked (SZ, TC, and RM) and Neo Ranked (CB, and 8B)
>A big update to Salmon Run: New map called Cohock Dam releasing September 1st, more ranks, unlockable Grizzco weapon skins, and new Boss Salmonids including the Splake (Bubble Blower), Salmiren (Ink Armor), and Mister (Toxic Mist)
>A new gift system where you can give other players Tickets, Ability Chunks, Gear and Cash in the plaza. Gift boxes must be collected by playing Salmon Run however.
>Jelonzo returns with a new achievement system similar to ARMS, which rewards you with stickers that can be by other players online with your username.
>Four new hairstyles (One for each gender of Inkling and Octoling) and four new pants (Two for each gender)
>80+ new gear
>Two new battle tracks by Hightide Era: 'Shore You Can' and 'Splash Light'

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Everything said:

>Four new weapons: Switch Dualies (One reticle has high range and damage, but shoots slowly, while the other reticle has low damage and range, but shoots more rapid. Sides can switch after dodge rolling), Storm Brella (A weak Brella with an offensive shield that shoots off at a fast pace and explodes). Correcto Dualies (Dualies with a long single dodge roll that inks the ground), and Prop Brella (A Brella where the shield remains stationary after launch).
>Custom Explosher, Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau, Bloblobber Deco, and Nautilus 79 also revealed
>New sub weapon: Sploda Can. A soda can sub that can be shaken causing multiple explosions
>New Special: Attakoyaki. A throwable special where the longer it's held, the more it will cover
>Four new and returning maps: Hamlet Theatre (September 1st), Museum D'alfonsino, Isopod Rink (November 1st), and Flounder Heights
>New Ranked Mode: Eight-Ball. Goal is to push an 8-ball to the opponent's base. Obstacles such as bumpers are also present. Releases in October
>Ranked is also split into two lobbies. Classic Ranked (SZ, TC, and RM) and Neo Ranked (CB, and 8B)
>A big update to Salmon Run: New map called Cohock Dam releasing September 1st, more ranks, unlockable Grizzco weapon skins, and new Boss Salmonids including the Splake (Bubble Blower), Salmiren (Ink Armor), and Mister (Toxic Mist)
>A new gift system where you can give other players Tickets, Ability Chunks, Gear and Cash in the plaza. Gift boxes must be collected by playing Salmon Run however.
>Jelonzo returns with a new achievement system similar to ARMS, which rewards you with stickers that can be by other players online with your username.
>Four new hairstyles (One for each gender of Inkling and Octoling) and four new pants (Two for each gender)
>80+ new gear
Sorry to burst your bubble, but everything was confirmed fake :/.

Also, if they're doing Sheldon's picks again, a new sub and special would work really well.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Sorry to burst your bubble, but everything was confirmed fake :/.

Also, if they're doing Sheldon's picks again, a new sub and special would work really well.
Everything was considered fake? This proves otherwise.

Custom Explosher, Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau, Bloblobber Deco, and Nautilus 79 also revealed
New sub weapon: Sploda Can. A soda can sub that can be shaken causing multiple explosions
We know for sure that those are a thing

Ranked is also split into two lobbies. Classic Ranked (SZ, TC, and RM) and Neo Ranked (CB, and 8B)
This seems like a very Nintendo thing to do especially after all the hate for Clam Blitz, this is a good solution to consider

A big update to Salmon Run: New map called Cohock Dam releasing September 1st, more ranks, unlockable Grizzco weapon skins, and new Boss Salmonids including the Splake (Bubble Blower), Salmiren (Ink Armor), and Mister (Toxic Mist)
Didn't the Dev team say in an interview that they were planning something big for Salmon run?

>80+ new gear
This just seems likely

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Everything was considered fake? This proves otherwise.

We know for sure that those are a thing

This seems like a very Nintendo thing to do especially after all the hate for Clam Blitz, this is a good solution to consider

Didn't the Dev team say in an interview that they were planning something big for Salmon run?

This just seems likely
Most of it is probably fake.

There might be some grain of truth in the leak, but most of the more plausible things are things that we've already known from interviews and datamines. But there doesn't seem to be anything behind the other stuff.

What we do know for sure:
  • There has been work on a new sub. Not sure about the special, the new sub I've found reputable sources to confirm that, not for the special, that might've just been a hack or some remnant.
  • Salmon Run is planned to get some updates in the future, as stated in the interview. There has also been map data found suggesting a new map.
  • Alt kits for remaining weapons is an obvious given.
  • 8-Ball was a potential Ranked Mode they've been working on.

That's about it. Everything else seems to be pulled from thin air unless that guy has an uncle that works at Nintendo. xP

Cephalobro

I don't generally believe things coming from 4chan, but I do see the customization options being real (though, I'd preferred if Octolings of each gender get more than one new hairstyle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom