Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I don't generally believe things coming from 4chan, but I do see the customization options being real (though, I'd preferred if Octolings of each gender get more than one new hairstyle).
agreed! if you think about it,inklings have 6 hairstyles for both genders to choose from,sooooo it would be fair to give octolings 4 more hairstyles for both genders :D

Mata

Inkling
I suggesst punishment for players who enter the online game,and then they don't move!Same punishment as the one who left in the middle of match,agree?!?!?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I suggesst punishment for players who enter the online game,and then they don't move!Same punishment as the one who left in the middle of match,agree?!?!?
actually dude..that's a bit unfair,since you don't know whether they rage quit or the game disconnected them >~< besides you don't get punished if someone disconnects from your match whether it's rage quitting or disconnecting,it always says something like ''due to someone leaving during the match,the meter won't change.''

as for not moving players..yeah we all hate it dude but sometimes you start a match and about to play and then something happens at home or you need to do something unexpectedly,yeah it sucks but punishing them even more? come on lets not go there >~> besides we all done it sometimes that we stopped moving during a match for whatever reason even you.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
actually dude..that's a bit unfair,since you don't know whether they rage quit or the game disconnected them >~< besides you don't get punished if someone disconnects from your match whether it's rage quitting or disconnecting,it always says something like ''due to someone leaving during the match,the meter won't change.''

as for not moving players..yeah we all hate it dude but sometimes you start a match and about to play and then something happens at home or you need to do something unexpectedly,yeah it sucks but punishing them even more? come on lets not go there >~> besides we all done it sometimes that we stopped moving during a match for whatever reason even you.
Actually, when you DC, you already receive the "loss" punishment regardless of the mode you're playing. And if you DC often enough, you get a soft-ban for 3-5 minutes I think. The timer starts the moment you receive the "We have to drop the ban hammer on ya" message when trying to join a match.

As for "not moving", people deliberately move around doing nothing when throwing matches in order to not DC. People who don't move *at all* will time-out, disconnect and receive the aforementioned punishment. So yeah, when someone has been doing nothing but mope around in Spawn, that's not someone being busy with life, they're throwing the match. Naturally things can happen, but it's still advised to make it as unlikely as possible to be interrupted before heading into ranked modes. Do your homework, kids and squids.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Actually, when you DC, you already receive the "loss" punishment regardless of the mode you're playing. And if you DC often enough, you get a soft-ban for 3-5 minutes I think. The timer starts the moment you receive the "We have to drop the ban hammer on ya" message when trying to join a match.

As for "not moving", people deliberately move around doing nothing when throwing matches in order to not DC. People who don't move *at all* will time-out, disconnect and receive the aforementioned punishment. So yeah, when someone has been doing nothing but mope around in Spawn, that's not someone being busy with life, they're throwing the match. Naturally things can happen, but it's still advised to make it as unlikely as possible to be interrupted before heading into ranked modes. Do your homework, kids and squids.
All of the above. ^

Not to mention that the game pretends late DCs didn't happen even though this is a game KNOWN for comeback wins. It's a game of best pushes, and that sometimes happens in the first two minutes of the game (when the game recognizes DCs) and sometimes it happens in the final three minutes (when the game doesn't recognize DCs).

There is absolutely no reason for Nintendo to count games where someone DCs for any reason.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Huh, I did not expect them to pull a map revamp on us. On Starfish no less.

Interested to see how these changes affect getting into mid. Because this was one of the easier maps in terms to suppressing people from getting into mid.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
What's surprising is that they think the map is so broken that it needs to get pulled entirely. If I remember correctly, they've only done that with glitches and Urchin Underpass (in S1). Obviously, this map isn't "great," but I didn't think it was so bad that it needs pulled before it's fixed.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Why would they change this map? It was great the way it was for me :(

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
What's surprising is that they think the map is so broken that it needs to get pulled entirely. If I remember correctly, they've only done that with glitches and Urchin Underpass (in S1). Obviously, this map isn't "great," but I didn't think it was so bad that it needs pulled before it's fixed.
I mean, I doubt they have to actually pull the map out of rotation. It's more just a fun little detail to make Splatoon feel like a living world. Starfish Mainstage is gonna see some renovations, just like in real life, that means it'll be closed for a little bit. They did the same thing with Urchin Underpass.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Last time they did this was when they ruined my favorite map back in Splatoon 1, so I'm a bit concerned. Though of course, Starfish isn't my favorite map in this game. But it is in my top 5 or so.

Cephalobro

I mean, I was late in the Splatoon craze back on the Wii U era, so the only way I have experienced old Urchin Underpass was through an Octo Valley mission, but seeing it through that mission, I'm glad it got the renovation, it was way too cramped with all the walls.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I mean, I doubt they have to actually pull the map out of rotation. It's more just a fun little detail to make Splatoon feel like a living world. Starfish Mainstage is gonna see some renovations, just like in real life, that means it'll be closed for a little bit. They did the same thing with Urchin Underpass.
Right, but for a lot of map changes, they just do it. And the thing with Urchin was a complete overhaul because the map was basically broken. In the three+ years of Splatoon's existence, pulling a map for changes is not common.

I agree that it's a fun way of saying they're temporarily pulling the map, but I question the need to pull it at all. They could have just as easily waited to say "check out these renovations" for when the changes are eventually ready.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Right, but for a lot of map changes, they just do it. And the thing with Urchin was a complete overhaul because the map was basically broken. In the three+ years of Splatoon's existence, pulling a map for changes is not common.

I agree that it's a fun way of saying they're temporarily pulling the map, but I question the need to pull it at all. They could have just as easily waited to say "check out these renovations" for when the changes are eventually ready.
Urchin Underpass was revamped cause the old layout was simply unaccommodating and it was too easy to camp the entry points to mid. It wasn't broken with some game breaking glitch or anything (as far as I was aware of). Same too here, the devs must've felt that the current layout for Starfish Mainstage had similar faults on a fundamental level where it was too easy to camp people form getting into mid or a lot of the map was too cramped. So they're revamping parts of it to open it up.

As for the latter. I mean, honestly, they could've done the same with Urchin Underpass in S1. It's kind of clearly they had to be working on these changes long beforehand, but they still decided to take Urchin out of rotation for a few days. Honestly, there shouldn't be anything preventing them from just having the map update on the day of the patch.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
As for the latter. I mean, honestly, they could've done the same with Urchin Underpass in S1. It's kind of clearly they had to be working on these changes long beforehand, but they still decided to take Urchin out of rotation for a few days. Honestly, there shouldn't be anything preventing them from just having the map update on the day of the patch.
Agreed. At least in Splat 2, there's TOO many maps, so it's not a big deal. When they pulled Urchin in S1, that was a bigger loss in terms of number of available maps.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If they're not doing it because of some glitch, it's still bad, though. The old version of the stage will never come back (presumably), and with the game being online-focused, you won't be seeing it again in this state. At least give players a decent heads up so those who like the stage in its current state can 'say goodbye' to it, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom