Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Honestly I'm not too sad to see Starfish Mainstage get tweaked; it was too hard to play on using my preferred weapons. Clearly others don't share my sentiments though.
Honestly, same. I'm looking forwards to the change.

Looking at the sketch and preview we got, the new version looks like parts are gonna be a lot more open and less restrictive when it comes to the paths to get into mid, and pretty much all the areas seemed to have been opened up a bit.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
from all my experiences with all modes on the map Starfish,the only mode i find hard on it is CB because it's easy to reach the enemy base,having control of the middle part is just really important on this map o: who got the middle will have the victory probably unless you can get the middle from them.that is why SZ can be a real fun mode on this map because you really can dominate the enemy,i had my best SZ winning streak on this map :D

Cyan

Inkling Commander
There's been no mention of a new stage, and if Splatoon 2 was meant to cease updates after July this year, I'd easily wager Ancho-V Games was the last map to be released for this game, because it would mirror Splatoon 1 where Ancho-V was also the last map. I feel like the announcement of updates until December would signify the way for Sheldon's Picks, new gear, possibly a new ranked mode from the datamined files (highly unlikely), that datamined sub weapon and maybe 1 or 2 more unique weapons for the smaller class sizes (i.e. more brellas or brushes). The delayed items are the Grizzco gear, the next set of weapons and the update itself. Tying this together would likely provide weight to the sub weapon being added, along with a few new weapons, before giving out a news update for more gear and Sheldon's Picks to tie up the last bit of content.

We have 16 vs 22 for total maps in Splatoon 1 vs 2, and that goes in line with the "more weapons and maps than Splatoon 1" statement in the dedicated Direct, so I highly doubt we'll get a new map, could be wrong here. If the datamined kits are correct and one weapon does get that new sub, this could also be a reason for the delay, because they're either still working on its animations and sounds or are trying to balance it and put a special on that wouldn't be overkill. With Starfish Mainstage getting the much needed change and removal from rotations this could suggest a potential 4.0.0 update, as Urchin was overhauled for 2.0.0, so this could bring more hairstyles for the Octolings, and potentially 2 more songs like the Chirpy Chips and some additional gear. Only time will tell, but if they're saying early September I'd guess a week on Wednesday will see a new patch drop, then they'll tease new content and throw up a date for NSO to entice people to bite and pay for online to get access to the new content.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Will the "Four weapon monthly shipment" include all the alts for the 4 new weapons?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Will the "Four weapon monthly shipment" include all the alts for the 4 new weapons?
It's presumed so, and any additional weapons released afterwards would probably just be a Splatoon 2 Sheldon's Picks. I agree with the sentiments before, in that it'd be super weird for them to release a new throwable sub and only have one weapon with it.

With Starfish Mainstage getting the much needed change and removal from rotations this could suggest a potential 4.0.0 update, as Urchin was overhauled for 2.0.0, so this could bring more hairstyles for the Octolings, and potentially 2 more songs like the Chirpy Chips and some additional gear. Only time will tell, but if they're saying early September I'd guess a week on Wednesday will see a new patch drop, then they'll tease new content and throw up a date for NSO to entice people to bite and pay for online to get access to the new content.
As much as I would love to have more Chirpy Chips songs, I feel like they'll get left in the dust. I'm still simultaneously crossing all of my fingers that we'll get a quality of life update that'll give us all the Splatoon 1 songs and a way to filter out the songs we don't like. I don't think either will happen, because there's a 2 year gap between Splatoon 1 and 2 and they were trying to push the whole cultural-advancement theme within that time frame with respect to Inkling style and music changing. Also I'm pretty sure the music that plays is the same for all players in the match, at the very least it is for people on the same team in league/custom lobbies.

I'm almost certain we'll get more gear before December, but I'm not sure about Octoling hairstyles. I feel like they'll try to keep Inklings as the most diverse in terms of customization to keep the appeal in them; Octolings were designed to be DLC after all. That said, and as much as I love the memeish afro hair, Octoling girls just didn't get the same kind of style treatment and it'd be nice to see at least 2 more styles for each gender.

And you're definitely right about them trying to restrain some updates until the online service launches. NoA at least loves to entice people into buying crap, as I saw all too well with their long-awaited release of the smaller 3DS with Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, then a few months later giving us the same smaller 3DS with better faceplates and Pokémon Red and Blue. Such a **** move.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Seems like it'd have instantaneous scoping given its charge speed.

I'd give that nonsense a try (obviously)!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Seems like it'd have instantaneous scoping given its charge speed.

I'd give that nonsense a try (obviously)!
I would think it should have a full 30 frames of no scope at full charge, then it would quickly take 20 - 30 frames until it would be fully "scoped". This way you could full charge - release instantly and charge again without stopping - a tech I like to call quick fire.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
That would feel like a really slow Bamboozler (to me) as a full charge is somewhere under 40 frames. And most times you don't bother waiting that long.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
That would feel like a really slow Bamboozler (to me) as a full charge is somewhere under 40 frames. And most times you don't bother waiting that long.
I believe he's saying that it reaches a full charge as quickly as the unscoped bamboozler but then adds the scope after another 20-30 frames AFTER it charges with no scope (almost think of it like the ballpoint but with unscoped/scoped instead of short ranged/long ranged).

It's an interesting idea, but I feel like no bamboozler would want to use the scoped mode in that case. It would pretty much only work if the scoped mode adds damage instead of distance, making a scoped shot an OHKO while the fully charged unscoped would have a little less damage than the unscoped full charge of the original bamboozlers.

I hope that makes sense. It's a fun idea.

Cephalobro

While it is a fun idea, I feel like they have to slow down the charging a little if damage is to be increased. The thing that balances the chargers is the fact that the ones with quick charges deal less damage than the ones with slower charges. We already saw how it would dominate if a quick charge allows for an instant splat thanks to the Grizzco Charger appearing in Salmon Run.

Cephalobro

Probably the same day that the Online Service launches. Since Smash is likely to come out in December, they want to have something online related for the Switch to coincide.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
According to Snorth93 on YouTube, the update will be coming this Friday according to leaks. I’m not quite sure how reliable this is but he did say something about the leaks coming from someone who’d got stuff like this right before.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
According to Snorth93 on YouTube, the update will be coming this Friday according to leaks. I’m not quite sure how reliable this is but he did say something about the leaks coming from someone who’d got stuff like this right before.
Friday is the day we usually got updates until the monthly 4 weapon shipment thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom