Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
According to Snorth93 on YouTube, the update will be coming this Friday according to leaks. I’m not quite sure how reliable this is but he did say something about the leaks coming from someone who’d got stuff like this right before.
Lean said this is very likely true, so I trust it.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
And supposedly we're to have a direct soon-ish... this week or next, so it all kinda lines up. Paid online this month, an upcoming direct, and the monthly update.

Though at the moment I've got not hype in me other than hyped to be underwhelmed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cephalobro

Let's hope we do have a direct, it is sort of bad that Nintendo just didn't share more about the online service, so I hope they do it for this direct so that we know what to expect. Cloud saves is a step in the right direction, now they just need tighten up security as much as possible so only the person with the right account can access personal saves located on the cloud. Because I will refuse to use the cloud if hackers can just hack into it.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Direct confirmed probably going to get some info on paid online (or at very least a postponement),

smash bros update....not a whole lot maybe a few hints to keep up hype for now

Splatoon 2 update I am expecting that there will some new gear added, a look at the map updates (salmon run updates plz), and if we are lucky a surprise weapon they are working on...possibly variants on the other weapon classes (or a Sheldon pick)

Plus I would love to see some more metroid 4 info and fire emblem 3 houses info.....but might wait til november december for that

Nerdbird

Pro Squid

Direct confirmed probably going to get some info on paid online (or at very least a postponement),

Splatoon 2 update I am expecting that there will some new gear added, a look at the map updates (salmon run updates plz), and if we are lucky a surprise weapon they are working on...possibly variants on the other weapon classes (or a Sheldon pick)

Plus I would love to see some more metroid 4 info and fire emblem 3 houses info.....but might wait til november december for that
Nice, thank for getting this to us so quickly!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

If online gets postponed I'll eat a joy con. I will be surprised if MP5 isn't shown. Hope SSBU will get a good update.

EDIT: I call it MP5 bc FF was a decent game imo.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I wouldn’t hold my breath for splat 2 news. It’s a direct about upcoming 3ds and switch titles
I believe that's how they frame every direct, doesn't mean no updates on current titles. Splatoon 2 is one of their biggest games, and they've not yet detailed the updates for October - December, so I've no doubt it'll be here.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
They update Splatoon constantly, but they've only talked about it in Directs where there were major content updates. Balance patches and new weapon kits won't merit a spot in the Direct. Even just new weapons haven't gotten it. It takes something like a new expansion, maybe a new game mode at the very least.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
They update Splatoon constantly, but they've only talked about it in Directs where there were major content updates. Balance patches and new weapon kits won't merit a spot in the Direct. Even just new weapons haven't gotten it. It takes something like a new expansion, maybe a new game mode at the very least.
Oh, I like the way you think. Could they be adding the long-suspected new mode...?

PikminMaster12

Inkling
While that's true for the most part, don't forget Splatoon 2 had a spot in one of last years Directs just to show off Kelp Dome, Snapper Canal and the Tenta Brella.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm not expecting a new DLC expansion like Octo, seems way too soon.

But, I do see us getting news on equal tier to say the 2.0.0 update. So, we may get confirmation we're getting a new ranked mode. Probably the fruits of new Salmon Run content. Maybe new gear pieces. Maybe like 1 or 2 new hairstyles of each Octoling gender. Then perhaps some QoL changes.

But the things I'm hoping we may see, is them revealing this game's "Sheldon's Pick", not even just Sheldon's Pick, if you want me to give what would probably be my most somewhat unrealistic expectation, them announcing that EVERY weapon will get a 3rd kit. This would also allow them slot in the new sub they may have been working on, into some of the new weapons.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Dang yet another natural disaster in Japan. The delay is perfectly understandable, and if I heard right it's only by 3 days.

EDIT: Incorrect I heard, no specific date has been given yet.

Last edited:

Nerdbird

Pro Squid

Apparently the direct has been postponed due to an earthquake in Japan.

I can see Nintendo getting a LOT of stick for this, but honestly I think that it’s the best idea.

Edit: Oops... might have accidentally reposted. Serves me right for not refreshing the page before posting.

Cephalobro

Well, looks like we won't know what they will show for how much longer they decided to delay it. But that's fine, their situation is more important than game information.

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Yeah though another interesting side note
Nintendo has delayed their map rotation for starfish mainstage and their gear to spet. 14 (previously sept. 7th) so this reveals possibly 2 key things
1. The Nintendo direct was likely only delayed a week, so it will likely appear sometime next week with this update and patch serving as a placeholder until then
2. Splatoon was going to have some focus in this upcoming direct for them to shift the date they might have some planned addition to patch in that they don't want revealed til after the direct
Again I always believed this, right now the biggest mutltiplayer online game nintendo has in store that would sell paid subscription are splatoon 2 and MK8, so adding stages and content will help keep the community onboard during this time
might be a small bullet point might be a major patch and gear update....there is the new sub, Salmon run updates, and modes yet to be added, plus rumors of new stages for MK8
(there also odyessy...but idk if they are really going to add past the "supposed" sunshine dlc (rumors from E3)

Again we will have to wait and see anyways here is a link to the video i got this from and here to hoping that everyone is ok and that the Direct will soon be back on schedule

KiwiS

Inkling
I just hope we get new fresh music for our battles. Or at least give me Splatoon 1 music Nintendo! More variety is always welcome.

A new mode would be a megaton and perfect with the online subscription imo.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Alright, so the clouds are rolling in and the curtain are about to fall...

Tomorrow (9/13) will be the Direct and (9/18) is when the paywall goes up:
Code:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291
Code:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039877541790670848

Was really holding out that a Splatfest would happen before the hammer dropped too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom