Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Alright, so the clouds are rolling in and the curtain are about to fall...

Tomorrow (9/13) will be the Direct and (9/18) is when the paywall goes up:
Code:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039876288553484291
Code:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1039877541790670848

Was really holding out that a Splatfest would happen before the hammer dropped too.
I'm kind of hoping that they do a Global Testfire around the launch to hopefully bring more people into the game (with no online subscription needed to Testfire). Doing so for a Splatfest seems like it could be a good idea.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, many of us are getting roped into purchasing this because of Smash Bros., so that's that. At least family plans are nice - Pay 35 bucks and you can provide the online for 7 other dorks in your life. Something to consider for those of you with a lot of Switch friends!

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
You:
At least family plans are nice - Pay 35 bucks and you can provide the online for 7 other dorks in your life. Something to consider for those of you with a lot of Switch friends!
Me, An Intellectual: *Buys a Family Membership for all 7 of his alt accounts*

"Now nobody can call me unpopular."

Disclaimer: I don't actually use alt accounts - in case it wasn't obvious.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
No alt accounts?!

Witchcraft!!

How else is one expected to experience the (un)gratifying pleasures of an Inkbrush Nouveau only rank climb and then return to a normal life of playing normally with friends?!
All the weapons I use my alt to practice with are level 25 or higher. I had to use like, chargers until 20 and branch off to Squeezer and such from there :c

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So we got the new splatoon Weapon a SPLAT HAMMER (kinda have wanted this in game for a while)

We got the spirit bomb special in splatoon 2

The new sub we have known about for ages

A new splatfest mode

A new 3v3 mode?

and new variant of the splatcharger, and splattershot

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
So we got the new splatoon Weapon a SPLAT HAMMER (kinda have wanted this in game for a while)

We got the spirit bomb special in splatoon 2

The new sub we have known about for ages

A new splatfest mode

A new 3v3 mode?

and new variant of the splatcharger, and splattershot
Regarding the fact that the 'Attackoyaki' special caused the user to jump up in the air, and how awful Splashdown has been, I wonder if this is a rework of the special.

Also how come the Splattershot and Splat charger get fresh new skins? Why no love for dual-es, the poster child weapon of spazz2n? :(

Also the new music sounds... pretty meh to me.

Cephalobro

The Squid Research Lab (Splatoon's Tumblr) stated that there will be changes to Splatfest for the newest version with new features.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Also how come the Splattershot and Splat charger get fresh new skins? Why no love for dual-es, the poster child weapon of spazz2n? :(
Who said they were skins. They're new alts, especially since we're getting a new sub and 2 new specials.

That being said, I did not expect us to get two new specials. I thought maybe 1, like subs, but we got 2. Unless the hammer is a new weapon type. Which if that is the case, it looks absolutely ridiculous looking.

I'm personally a fan of the new music, sounds super anime, reminds me of some indie japanese artists I listen to.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The black weapons are Toni Kensa branded

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
OH NO A SPLATOON 2 ADAPTATION OF SALTSPRAY'S SYMMETRICALITY IN A NEW TEMPLE STAGE NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Who said they were skins. They're probably new alts, especially since we're getting a new sub and 2 new specials.

That being said, I did not expect us to get two new specials. I thought maybe 1, like subs, but we got 2. Unless the hammer is a new weapon type. Which if that is the case, it looks absolutely ridiculous looking.

I've personally a fan of the new music, sounds super anime, reminds me of some indie *** artists I listen to.
Personally the trailer felt a tad edgy and super anime esque, especially with the music.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
"Starting with Ver.4.0.0, Splatfests in Splatoon 2 will be changed significantly. Two new modes, Normal and Pro, will replace the previous Solo and Team modes. In Normal mode, you can jump into a Splatfest Battle on your own or join up with one to three friends from the same Splatfest team. If you join a match as a group of two or three, random solo players will be matched up to make a group of four. In this mode, the amount you inked is added to any win bonus you get to determine your clout. If your team is on a win streak, the game will try and match you against teams with a similar streak. Moreover, when weapons, gear, or general styles of four players in your team meet certain conditions, a nickname and a matching bonus will be given to your team. Pro mode is for those who want to go solo and push themselves to the limit. In Pro mode, you’re judged on your Splatfest Power. Raise it high enough and you could make it into the Splatfest Top 100! In this mode, you increase your clout by beating the opposing team. You get more clout for beating teams with a higher Splatfest Power. In addition to the above, 10x Battles will be added in both divisions. These are rare matches that will occur if you are lucky, and if you win, your contribution points will be multiplied by 10! And believe or not, there is a rumor that super rare 100x Battles could also occur! If your friend wins a 10x Battle or if someone wins a 100x match, teams may appear on the big screen in Inkopolis Square. Also, if you’re in the lobby or during matchmaking, such information will pop up on your game screen like a news flash. Team nicknames are also shown in Regular mode, so you may want to try scoring a cool team name and winning these rare matches for bragging rights! The final Splatfest results are decided based on three factors: votes, clout from Normal mode players, and clout from Pro mode players. Even if your side loses the popularity contest, Normal and Pro mode victories can slowly but surely turn the tables! Of course, participants on the winning side will receive slightly more Super Sea Snails as a reward for their victory! Good luck"

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
All these additions to Splatfest could hint at more Splatfests in the game's lifetime and just make me actually look forward to the next splatfest!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I don't understand why you would choose one mode over the other. Although it sounds like you can play with friends in either mode, meaning you'll come in with an advantage if you have voice chat and the other team doesn't.

Edit: Could it have been intentional that one of the team examples is "The Dude Society?"

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I don't understand why you would choose one mode over the other. Although it sounds like you can play with friends in either mode, meaning you'll come in with an advantage if you have voice chat and the other team doesn't.
Pro Mode seems to be solo only. Pretty much the same as solo mode is now, but it also accounts for win streaks for matchmaking.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
"We just heard that as a special offer, Nintendo Account holders with 12-month Nintendo Switch Online memberships (individual or family) will receive a download code for exclusive in-game gear for the Splatoon 2 game. Fun fact: the in-game jersey is based on the uniform worn by Team Japan, who won the Splatoon 2 World Championship..."

*CRIES*

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Ah, here's what I wanted to know:

"Check out these upcoming updates for Splatoon 2! Ver.4.0.0 will be released today, with new Splatfest features and the first Kensa Collection. And Ver.4.1.0 will be released in early October, including a new stage and the second Kensa Collection, with new sub/special combos.

The new stage in early October will be the final one to be added, though we’ll keep adding weapons until December. Also, look forward to more Splatfests until July 2019. We hope that you will continue to enjoy Splatoon 2."

So only one new stage, and it'll be the very last one. And only 4 more batches of weapons. Surprising that they'd add two new specials and a new sub with that few releases to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom