• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Time for another update from Splatoon JP
Google Translate:
"This mechanism is "corogarium".
When attacking, it rolls vigorously with its reaction and you can defeat the bumped enemy.
If you attack at an angle from the bottom, you can fly in the air.
There are octopuses, "octopus reversers" attacking with corogarium, but you can also counterattack if you hit it at the right time."

I really, really like this new gimmick. Looks like smacking them around with the roller is going to be fun! And satisfying.

Also noticed that doing the vertical roller swing flicks ink down under your feet as well. Gives you some safe assurance when flicking the roller above enemy ink.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
The only thing I can't get over is the dry heaving octos in their lounge chairs. Just eeghhh....

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
The only thing I can't get over is the dry heaving octos in their lounge chairs. Just eeghhh....
It's pretty nasty to be honest but I want to play this game a ton. as we get close to E3 and ARMS i find my hype for most games dwarfed by Splatoon 2

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
What are thooooose SHOES?!
Google Translate:
"Brand "Yamako" that stocks sports gear centered on sneakers.
Wear and shoes made with proprietary technology are unique in design and popular as fashion items.
It is a little different from other squids, a brand that is loved by sticking squid who wants to claim personality."

That new visor hat...I want it.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
>mfw waiting for Scalop and Rockenberg tweet so I can make 100% sure my amazing hat and boots are returning and cuz those are my favorite brands

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Someone had way to much fun posing the inkings like fashion models.. I definitely love gear shown here I like the more... Simple looking clothes but I'm all for Variety.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
2 slow 4 me, splatoon jp twitter,
2 slow ;P

And @JoJoTheSalty , I saw rockenberg and skalop gear in the trailers. With all the returning brands and recycled gear, I think it's a safe bet all the old gear is returning, in terms oftheir looks, anyways. (still unsure what is being done with quick respawn, will crazy arrows have stealth jump or a different main now, and whatnot)

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Still haven't revealed all the abilities, nor all the special that they are planning to add...something tells me that in the next week or so they are going to show what they are planning to do with them.

Honestlwy I wonder how they will balance the abilities this time. Recon, haunt, bomb sniffer, and even cold blooded/ comeback were very situaltional and usually very useless in the meta. So I am curious....

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Double update incoming!

These Forge headphones will be released by HORI as a headset with the ability to plug into two devices (phone and Switch in portable mode) to mix audio for group chat and game sounds. The mic can detach based on the rough translation and be used as just headphones and they also offer pink discs to swap with the green based on colour preferences. Pretty cool but not too practical for competitive as handheld will be awkward for high level play.

Accompanying this is more gear shown off for Forge, who do military gear and stylish/durable headphones. Some pretty nice gear here too.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Double update incoming!

These Forge headphones will be released by HORI as a headset with the ability to plug into two devices (phone and Switch in portable mode) to mix audio for group chat and game sounds. The mic can detach based on the rough translation and be used as just headphones and they also offer pink discs to swap with the green based on colour preferences. Pretty cool but not too practical for competitive as handheld will be awkward for high level play.

Accompanying this is more gear shown off for Forge, who do military gear and stylish/durable headphones. Some pretty nice gear here too.
Hey thanks for catching and posting this update for me. I'm a little more tired than usual this morning and missed my beat.

Those headphones, I was wondering if the mic can be detatched so im glad thats the case! Im kindof tempted to buy them since I could use a 2nd pair of headphones alone...I wonder how good the audio quality is. I hope its half decent at the very least. They look pretty comfy.

And that jacket from forge looks great. Loving all of the new gear thats been shown so far!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Double update incoming!

I think they will be ideal for competitive. Especially if the sound mixer in the middle is good. Looking at the Diagram, it looks like all the cables to the Squid Communicator are detachable. A good audio mixing device be like that can be kinda Expensive.

In a lan tournament I would expect your Switch to be Directly in front of you.
But you wouldn't have to use a phone. I think it's an rasberrypi powered box you can make for lan event voice chat (not a pro on this).

Anyway it looks (super stiff Biff voice) "Pretty Rad"

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Double update incoming!

I am curious how much it will cost, Hori devices cost around 30 dollars on other devices, but the audio mixing and customization make me think it will be around 50 dollars (US).
Though to be pretty honest, most people already have their own preferences to voice chat that they formed from their time using discord so the usefulness might be mitigated.

However if the stats are good and it keeps it special duration up, Those in game version of those headphones might just be one of my favorite head gear pieces... aside from the paisley bandanna

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I am curious how much it will cost, Hori devices cost around 30 dollars on other devices, but the audio mixing and customization make me think it will be around 50 dollars (US).
Though to be pretty honest, most people already have their own preferences to voice chat that they formed from their time using discord so the usefulness might be mitigated.

However if the stats are good and it keeps it special duration up, Those in game version of those headphones might just be one of my favorite head gear pieces... aside from the paisley bandanna
According to GameXplain's video, it's about $35

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
According to GameXplain's video, it's about $35
Wow, that's pretty reasonable. I may actually get this then...So long as the audio quality is decent enough. Although apparently Hori has done headphones for the DS before that were supposedly good in audio sound.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So no $$$$ for a whole year... a whole year of free online play with (limited/ beta test) voice chat and app.
Support it Nintendo, prove you are worthy of the paid online, and while your at it a will sit back and lose my mind

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Will Nintendo deliver better netcode? Or will it be forced subscription to retro games library and Discord if we want to play online? The price is swallow-able, at least. I wonder if they would repeal their decision to make online play require subscription if enough of us just bought stock in Nintendo to show our financial support...

Only time will tell...
only time will tell
A more solid promise from Nintendo, saying they are at least trying hard to improve it, would be nice...It would make me feel more hopeful, anyways =[

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom