Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The US tumblr is notoriously moody.

Most times it is leagues behind, sometimes it is very prompt, one or two times it was actually ahead.

It's weird.
Curiously...was it like this when the first Splatoon game was revealing new things, or similar with updates? I don't know if it can compare, but...for science.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
lol we're going to have to wait for the official English name of that. There's probably a pun or octopus reference in the name that doesn't machine-translate properly.
I think it's the same as it was last time
The Octolings were a portmanteau of octopus (Tako) and Amazoness (whatever they have here, in this case Zonesu/Zones). I'd have to check again but I think that's it.
EDIT: got distracted but yep. That's the Japanese name, タコゾネス

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@ZEROrevive Currently, the tumblr is much slower nowadays than what it used to pace at, back when updates were rolling out.
They were usually just a step behind the other official splatoon nintendo news feeds, but iirc they started to noticably slow after the 2015 august update.

But that's a little harsh, since updates started to slow down after december 2015, down to what it was back in winter last year, so they have had far less to announce.

Even so, with the newer influx of news for splatoon 2, they've been a bit on the slow side. I'd expect them to start keeping pace a bit more come July 21st.

(And I have no idea what they were like before splatoon 1's release. I literally heard of and played the game just a few days after launch)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
@ZEROrevive Currently, the tumblr is much slower nowadays than what it used to pace at, back when updates were rolling out.
They were usually just a step behind the other official splatoon nintendo news feeds, but iirc they started to noticably slow after the 2015 august update.

But that's a little harsh, since updates started to slow down after december 2015, down to what it was back in winter last year, so they have had far less to announce.

Even so, with the newer influx of news for splatoon 2, they've been a bit on the slow side. I'd expect them to start keeping pace a bit more come July 21st.

(And I have no idea what they were like before splatoon 1's release. I literally heard of and played the game just a few days after launch)
Thanks for the insight. Because of how rapid the news from Splatoon JP has been, I just feel disappointed that they haven't kept up since its alot of interesting info and tidbits thats being shared.

Maybe they'll do a big mega post or two to catch up with things- at least, that would be ideal.

Edit: I forgot to show this...
Google Translate:
"I got information on new octopus that could not be confirmed with video.
This name is "Stakla".
As its name suggests, it is a nasty person who runs away with Stakora Sassa and spreads Bom.
Let's get down to a dead end."

Last edited:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Thanks for the insight. Because of how rapid the news from Splatoon JP has been, I just feel disappointed that they haven't kept up since its alot of interesting info and tidbits thats being shared.

Maybe they'll do a big mega post or two to catch up with things- at least, that would be ideal.

Google Translate:
This name is "Stakla".
As its name suggests, it is a nasty person who runs away with Stakora Sassa and spreads Bom.
I have a feeling that these little things will get annoying REAL fast. And yeah, with all these updates, I am kinda overwhelmed on what to talk about.

SquidHunterX

Senior Squid
NNID
Supes
Really hoping they kill the soundtrack for this game. That would make ranked matches as lit as the first game lol

I remember joining a lobby where everyone would just troll, then next round metalopod would come on and everyone gets serious lmao

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

Google Translate:
This name is "Stakla".
Nice skates

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
A new tweet is up yet again:
Google Translate:
"Authentic outdoor brand "Sigureni".
Wear using state-of-the-art materials exerts outstanding functionality in any harsh environment.
On the other hand, because it is comfortable to wear and fashionable, it is also popular as everyday wear.
Activities items such as Day Camp and Bouldering are also deployed in large numbers."

Look at those sandle like shoes...I kindof want them.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Google Translate:
Wear using state-of-the-art materials exerts outstanding functionality in any harsh environment.
On the other hand, because it is comfortable to wear and fashionable, it is also popular as everyday wear.
Activities items such as Day Camp and Bouldering are also deployed in large numbers."

So this is giving us a better look at Inkline clothing, which seems to be the brand behind the new jacket over shirt clothes. I really hope in this game one of the Trail boots (the ones that look like this: :shoes_trs002:) will give us Ink Resistance as a main ability, as they were some pretty nice shoes with pretty mediocre abilities in 1 (Ink Recovery, Bomb Sniffer and Special Duration), where only the Custom Trail became useful with Special Duration (despite being the ugliest of the 3 Trail boots) at the end of the game's life. Glad to see that they've kept some of the nicer gear from that brand like the Ski Jackets, as those were pretty fresh. It's just ultimately disappointing that some of the best looking brands give the worst abilities with their roll bias (Defence, Ink Saver Main, Special Charge Up etc.), because that's why we ended up with everyone wearing the worst looking gear in 1, which made the whole "being fresh with gear" redundant. Obviously we have Murch in Splatoon 2 to help us slowly work towards perfect gear, but I still hope we get a far greater variety of brands with exclusive abilities so we can use things like Ink Resistance and still flaunt our style by picking the ones that suit us best (whether they're Hi-Tops, Trail Boots, Sporty Trainers etc.). Murch is most likely going to be the saviour of looking fresh, despite wringing us dry of our cash as we eventually crawl towards a triple ability sub set of our liking :P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Thats Inkline brand, one of the brands I couldn't 100% identify in any of the trailers!
And now they have sandals =0

Huzzahs are in order!

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I'm hoping for Suits... Because I need sweet sweet memes....

Most of the Current gear they have shown off is awesome.

I love the gear and that new Hero shot... I love the design. Even the new hero gear is awesome. I'm so hyped at this point Unless Nintendo takes out all the old ranked modes... I love them all... But mostly the control Zone.
It's not dieing anytime soon.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Just adding this into advance since I have been messing with the charger as of late; thank god they are adding so much. To me, I feel like weapons are given a better overall learning curve much how Monster Hunter lets you practice with every vanilla weapon. More clothing brands to choose from so you can mix and match, more gaming modes besides one player.

But wait...They haven't spoken about two player yet, huh? I am still wondering if they got rid of that lousy pop the balloon game that is kinda 'eh' for being a addition for local. I am really opt for something MUCH grander. I am still wondering how it will function since one player will have a screen, and the other on tv, plus gyro controls is gone now, isn't it?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They have already announced local PBs via local wireless between switches, able to have up to 10(8 players, 2 spectators)
so it should be easy to just have less switches connect locally.

Of course, this requires multiple switches. There has been no word on any split screen stuff, as far as I know.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am curious with the Nintendo switch it could be pretty easy to have a local co-op, like a free for all turf war mode with Mario split screen mode, it would sacrifice visbility, but hey at least you wouldn't have to worry about latency.

Also I have to admit I am concerned how Nintendo will handle hackers, connection will be a monthly "paid service" and hacking and latentcy definitely curb the appeal of this service.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Google Translate:

So hyped!
Personally, I'm loving the fact there's finally a option for a layered jumper, like what I normally wear IRL.
Wonder if there'll be different colours, too?

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I am curious with the Nintendo switch it could be pretty easy to have a local co-op, like a free for all turf war mode with Mario split screen mode, it would sacrifice visbility, but hey at least you wouldn't have to worry about latency.

Also I have to admit I am concerned how Nintendo will handle hackers, connection will be a monthly "paid service" and hacking and latentcy definitely curb the appeal of this service.
if they were going to do local multiplayer i think that Salmon run would be the easiest mode to do locally. but that is coming from me from and i have zero programming experience. but hey i think that might be the mode or 2v2 turf wars on smaller maps. maybe they will have 2 player online but judging from the way they have talked about other games, i think that they may have hit A technical barrier or they only really want one player per switch...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If Splatoon US ever updates...it's going to have a massive amount to catch up on at this point. We've got TWO new tweets coming from Splatoon JP today:
Google Translate:
"Various gimmicks are prepared in the course of the hero mode.
This is one of them, "ride rail".
You can stand on the rail, and as you get on you will glide at high speed automatically.
You can jump higher if you jump while on the slide.
Let's run through the stage lightly while squealing the squid trick."
Google Translate:
"This trick is "Piropiro".
It is placed in a rounded state, spreading as rolling as it bathes ink.
You can move with the human and squid on the spread and you can also defeat the enemy with the spreading momentum.
When time passes after spreading, when you take an octopus ink, it gets rolled again.
Anyway, "Piropiro" ....."

I'll never stop thinking of those Ride Rails as Grind Rails...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom