• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Think Tank

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Honestly I would love a [open map] -> [D-pad down] + [A button] shortcut so I don't have to misinput jumping back to spawn 70 percent of the time X_X

Cephalobro

I had an idea for a new Salmon Run mode, I'm going to just call this one "Tentacles vs Fins". Basically, the boat docks instead of the team super jumping to the island, you would get access to a large array of weapons, but the team will start with the Splattershot Jr. You can spend Power Eggs to buy better weapons to up the chances for survival. The mode will still have the bosses and it will still have the Golden Eggs as the objective.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I had an idea for a new Salmon Run mode, I'm going to just call this one "Tentacles vs Fins". Basically, the boat docks instead of the team super jumping to the island, you would get access to a large array of weapons, but the team will start with the Splattershot Jr. You can spend Power Eggs to buy better weapons to up the chances for survival. The mode will still have the bosses and it will still have the Golden Eggs as the objective.
There should be certain walls for buying weapons like "kill X boss salmonids" to have the Splat Roller, Splattershot, etc. be availible.

Cephalobro

There should be certain walls for buying weapons like "kill X boss salmonids" to have the Splat Roller, Splattershot, etc. be availible.
For walls, I'm thinking that it would block the player from buying the weapon that makes it easier to deal with a certain kind of Salmonid until the player has defeated the required number, an example being the Explosher not being able to be bought until a certain number of Flyfish has been taken down when you destroyed at least one of its baskets with Splat Bombs.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
How about...no skill locks for weapons at all?

Seriously...all skill locks do is shut out the majority of players from the full functionality of the game. Hard pass!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
For walls, I'm thinking that it would block the player from buying the weapon that makes it easier to deal with a certain kind of Salmonid until the player has defeated the required number, an example being the Explosher not being able to be bought until a certain number of Flyfish has been taken down when you destroyed at least one of its baskets with Splat Bombs.
How about...no skill locks for weapons at all?

Seriously...all skill locks do is shut out the majority of players from the full functionality of the game. Hard pass!

I was thinking what would be cool is instead of having a wall on weapons Nintendo put in Customizable gear with stickers for gear and weapons.

After defeating meeting certain monthly challenge goals you will recieve stickers (with designs similar to he mem cakes, with character emotes, brand, etc.)
These stickers can then be put on special gear unlocked in the mode or added to the grizzco weapons (which would kinda be like the hero weapons but fully customizable design based on the sticker you collected)

It would then encourage completing the challenge while encouraging completing challenges

Speaking of I would love to see an 8 player co-op Salmon run mode, with larger maps and smarter bosses that will require cooperation to take down.

But it require improvements to the internet functionality to work well.

Lastly....
I want a map designer, after smashbros map maker, and super mario maker direct I feel like it would be cool to have custom maps (that are monitored) in Splatoon 3.

These wouldn't be online neccesarily but rather be playable in private custom lobbies (with popular maps showing up in turf wars or maybe even in splatfests)

Anyways those are just some thoughts I had recently just to build on the customization and creativity of splatoon

Cephalobro

I was thinking what would be cool is instead of having a wall on weapons Nintendo put in Customizable gear with stickers for gear and weapons.

After defeating meeting certain monthly challenge goals you will recieve stickers (with designs similar to he mem cakes, with character emotes, brand, etc.)
These stickers can then be put on special gear unlocked in the mode or added to the grizzco weapons (which would kinda be like the hero weapons but fully customizable design based on the sticker you collected)

It would then encourage completing the challenge while encouraging completing challenges

Speaking of I would love to see an 8 player co-op Salmon run mode, with larger maps and smarter bosses that will require cooperation to take down.

But it require improvements to the internet functionality to work well.

Lastly....
I want a map designer, after smashbros map maker, and super mario maker direct I feel like it would be cool to have custom maps (that are monitored) in Splatoon 3.

These wouldn't be online neccesarily but rather be playable in private custom lobbies (with popular maps showing up in turf wars or maybe even in splatfests)

Anyways those are just some thoughts I had recently just to build on the customization and creativity of splatoon
Maybe in the 8-player Salmon Run is where you will be required to spend Power Eggs for weapons and the reasoning can be is that Mr. Grizz would need the Power Eggs to upgrade the weapons that he lends.

Cephalobro

I had one Splatoon-related dream that would've had a cool mechanic, long story short, I had a dream that while playing turf wars, you could place some Octarians to guard some of the crucial places and they had the behavior much like the single-player modes, but the ones that you place would instead attack someone from the opposing team. Now I don't see them become effectively used during PVP battles mainly because most Octarians can't even handle taking on even one player, so my idea would be that they would instead be placed in a co-op 8-player Salmon Run to guard some crucial checkpoints against the Salmonids. I can see good strategic placements of many Octotroopers near the docked boat in order for the numbers of common Salmonids to stay low and buy players more time to recharge their ink and clear out the remaining Salmonids. In order for Octarians to not become useless during these types of Salmon Run, they would heal over time. Personally, I would stand near the Octarians to help out in keeping certain areas clear of Salmonids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom