• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Judd's probably gonna be replaced. Maybe Little Judd is slightly older now, so he's in charge of judging in Inkopolis while plain Judd moved to Splatsville?

A year or so ago I had an idea for four-way Turf Wars where at the end the amount of Turf Inked is judged in a square or circle rather than a bar. However, fo four-way Turf Wars to work, every stage would just have to be a Kelp Dome clone (I'd honestly be cool with that...)

Emperor2308

Full Squid
Judd's probably gonna be replaced. Maybe Little Judd is slightly older now, so he's in charge of judging in Inkopolis while plain Judd moved to Splatsville?

A year or so ago I had an idea for four-way Turf Wars where at the end the amount of Turf Inked is judged in a square or circle rather than a bar. However, fo four-way Turf Wars to work, every stage would just have to be a Kelp Dome clone (I'd honestly be cool with that...)
I was just gonna suggest, a stage where it's literally just a Dome with bunkers and obstacles. There is no "maze" like obstacles where you have to around just like blocks. Hunger Game style

Emperor2308

Full Squid
Nice! Like the Idea. I like the Idea from the Octo expansion with the rising water. That would be a cool stage

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I probably already said this in the Splatoon 3 thread several times, but Callie has so much potential as a character after everything before and during Splatoon 2. I really hope Splatoon 3 does something with that. My guess is that she'll be an anti hero-like character, based off of some rather S2 Splatfest art.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 7.03.45 PM.png

It literally looks like she murdered the others. I think it's foreshadowing, but who knows. I just really want it to be, lol.

Emperor2308

Full Squid
Callie will always be my favorite squid BUT what if Callie is like idk the next Marie. Where she helps the Hero. Then again it's a whole new story.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Callie will always be my favorite squid BUT what if Callie is like idk the next Marie. Where she helps the Hero. Then again it's a whole new story.
I honestly can't really see her doing that for some reason. I get the feeling that she probably wants revenge on Octavio, but I'm not sure how her personal goals will be incorporated into a story where you likely play as Agent 5.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Not saying it's a bad idea, but how would that work? It would have to be very dependent on the randomly selected stage music, so would it be fair? Maybe the rhythm changes the higher your level/rank?

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
Now here's an idea: A special that just makes your main significantly more powerful and keeps your ink tank intact if you fire to the rhythm of the backdrop music. Basically Mother 3's rhythm combos, but in Splatoon. I was listening to Fins and Fiddles early today and the thought of combo-ing to it seemed to cool.
Oops, forgot to add the quote

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Not saying it's a bad idea, but how would that work? It would have to be very dependent on the randomly selected stage music, so would it be fair? Maybe the rhythm changes the higher your level/rank?
If you play the Mother series, the third game's battle themes have a mechanic programmed into them where if you hit the attack button in a certain pattern (each song has a different rhythm programmed into it) you can deal up to sixteen attacks in a single turn.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
If you play the Mother series, the third game's battle themes have a mechanic programmed into them where if you hit the attack button in a certain pattern (each song has a different rhythm programmed into it) you can deal up to sixteen attacks in a single turn.
Oh yeah sorry, I forgot about individual song rhythms, haha 😅

Cephalobro

Can they remove MPU and not introduce any equivalents? (and don't even think of bringing back Damage Up, just leave any direct damage enhancefiers behind forever)

It's frustrating being beaten by someone constantly because they chose the inkeasy way by stacking MPU.

Last edited:

pio_dov

Pro Squid
A lot of people don't want Octavio to return, but I gotta say, he was on team Chaos, so he'll probably make some sort of come back. I mean, without a villain like Octavio or Tartar coming to Splatsville, I don't see why the NSS would, and getting rid of them would upset a LOT of fans (me included, please let us play as Agent 5). Tartar returning would be kinda cool, but Tartar was not only on the losing S2 Final Fest team, but it's also DEFINITELY broken. Also, Nintendo clearly has plans for Octavio returning, since back in fall, there was a "meet the villains of Nintendo!" thingy in the Switch news. The villains there were, if I remember correctly, obvious ones like Bowser and Ganon, but also.. DJ Octavio? As of that post, Octavio had only been in two games before and hadn't really done anything as crazy as like, whatever Ganon does (I don't play Zelda, all I know is that Ganon's super evil or something). I will admit that there was a chance that some guy at Nintendo thought "Man, what villain is both modern and more evil than Bowser but not as evil as Ganon?", and then some other guy was like "..DJ Octavio?", but I think it's more likely that they put him in there cuz he'll return. Which is great, since his return could come with some great character development for Callie, something that would be totally awesome. His return would also mean that he's able to do things other than steal Zapfish.

Cephalobro

A lot of people don't want Octavio to return, but I gotta say, he was on team Chaos, so he'll probably make some sort of come back. I mean, without a villain like Octavio or Tartar coming to Splatsville, I don't see why the NSS would, and getting rid of them would upset a LOT of fans (me included, please let us play as Agent 5). Tartar returning would be kinda cool, but Tartar was not only on the losing S2 Final Fest team, but it's also DEFINITELY broken. Also, Nintendo clearly has plans for Octavio returning, since back in fall, there was a "meet the villains of Nintendo!" thingy in the Switch news. The villains there were, if I remember correctly, obvious ones like Bowser and Ganon, but also.. DJ Octavio? As of that post, Octavio had only been in two games before and hadn't really done anything as crazy as like, whatever Ganon does (I don't play Zelda, all I know is that Ganon's super evil or something). I will admit that there was a chance that some guy at Nintendo thought "Man, what villain is both modern and more evil than Bowser but not as evil as Ganon?", and then some other guy was like "..DJ Octavio?", but I think it's more likely that they put him in there cuz he'll return. Which is great, since his return could come with some great character development for Callie, something that would be totally awesome. His return would also mean that he's able to do things other than steal Zapfish.
My problem with DJ Octavio returning is that he would be yet another Bowser/Ganon/Ridley, which I just don't want Splatoon to do. Not every Nintendo game has to have a recurring villain for most entries of the series, Pokemon has proof that recurring villains aren't necessary to make a story good or to have character development.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Funny you say that, cuz for some reason I love recurring villains. Pokemon changing villains started cool, but now we get stuff like Team Skull and Team Yell that just aren't as good as Team Rocket and Team Magma/Aqua.

I wouldn't be upset if Octavio doesn't return, but I would be if the NSS doesn't.

Cephalobro

Honestly, I really like Team Skull and Team Yell because they are the few rotten people of society that are nothing more than a nuisance, which masked the actual villains of the stories perfectly. And we wouldn't have gotten the morally hypocritical Team Plasma (which makes for a really good story given some of their grunts have done worse things to a Pokemon while the player gets to take them down because of that) if Team Rocket was still the villain of the games.

Recurring villains means creativity with the story is severely limited, I mean, how many more silly plans Bowser will keep doing in an attempt to keep Peach away from Mario before ultimately deciding that this isn't worth it anymore? How many times will Ganon attempt to take over Hyrule or get the complete Triforce before finally giving up? There has to be a stopping point regarding recurring villains. I like the creativity that Splatoon has going for and I don't want that to be ruined by anything, even by a recurring villain.

Last edited:

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I mean, how many more silly plans Bowser will keep doing in an attempt to keep Peach away from Mario before ultimately deciding that this isn't worth it anymore?
That idiot won't stop, and we all know that. His plots are always the same. I'm not really a Mario fan.

If there's anything that did a good job with constant vilain swapping, it's definitely the Kirby games. My ideal Splatoon series would have that sort of thing, where every game has a different villain, and of those villains, most of them fit into different categories, creating mini arcs and a crazy timeline. There could be villains associated with the Octarians, ones that are similar to Tartar, other creations of the Professor gone wrong, and more, similar to how Kirby has Dark Matter, the Ancients, the Mirror World, and some individual villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom