• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3 Wishlist

Emperor2308

Full Squid
A single-player mode where the Octarians aren't the antagonists.
I definitely would like that. In the art of Splatoon 2 you can see, that the Octos have given Salmonids their materials, in exchange for power eggs. Little Buddy looks preeeety good to me. Maybe so are the octarians.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I know this might sound odd, but replace "booyah" with something like "yeah!", "poggers", or "let's go!". I don't think anyone's said "booyah" in maybe twenty years outside of the Splatoon community and kids who watch Teen Titans Go. Plus, new city, new term. Let's go! would be much more relevant, and it's a term kids actually say.

Emperor2308

Full Squid
I know this might sound odd, but replace "booyah" with something like "yeah!", "poggers", or "let's go!". I don't think anyone's said "booyah" in maybe twenty years outside of the Splatoon community and kids who watch Teen Titans Go. Plus, new city, new term. Let's go! would be much more relevant, and it's a term kids actually say.
I like it, I like it
LOL, just thought of, when your spatted "F in the chat" or when YOU splat someone: "YEET", Those 2 I would NEVER WANT.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I really hope we get a proper party system this time. I'm a big proponent of the randomized team thing in Turf War, so that can stay, but I really want to be able to queue into a match with friends without someone having to wait every time.

Leahita

Inkling
Harder single player, definitely! I love the old format, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to get something kind of like the OE again. Hard, yet super fun.

also, I miss "C'mon!" From Splat1. There's 2 other buttons on the D-Pad that aren't being used, so there can easily be 2 other options instead of just "This Way!" and "Booyah!" Maybe "Help!" from Salmon Run can be implemented into this, so that when you're in a pickle, you can use it to see if any team mates who are nearby can help you raid the other team's spawn area or something like that.

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
I don't know if this is already a sploon 2 feature but I wish they'd just make us play matches with uneven players rather than watching people connect and disconnect whilst the timer decreases. Now that sploon 1 servers are slightly quieter, I'm spending almost more time waiting than playing

Sandtide

Senior Squid
NNID
Vegsushi64
In other words, I'd rather play 3 on 4, or heck, even 1 on 2 rather than.waiting forever for 8 people to join.

Cephalobro

I would like to be able to leave a lobby without putting my Switch on sleep mode and without having to play a match first. There were moments where it took way too long for a match to start. They can still make it so leaving midgame has some sort of penalty to prevent abusing the system.

Kaibakihashi

Inkling
Being able to choose whether or not if you play on your friend's team on turf war. Like how in league you can do twin battles and such, maybe a mode like that for turf war?

Sometimes I want to play with my friend when we are playing together, other times I like it being random, just want to be able to choose while earning exp and money still for playing.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Weirdly enough, I really don't want a harder single player. Though some were great, I hated a lot Octo Expansion levels for their time limits. Please, PLEASE no more time limit levels. I still think it would be best to have two single player modes to start with to appeal to both casual and competitive players.

Cephalobro

I just hope neither single-player mode has the Octarians as the main antagonists. It's already kind of boring to see the Octolings as the only Octarians above ground, but to make them the antagonists a third game in a roll would be even more boring because that's too predictable. Plus, they could just make the Salmonids a really creative species by having them take over the role of main antagonist instead of the Octarians. The second single-player mode could be an entirely new antagonistic species.

Kaibakihashi

Inkling
But Octarians also weren't playable from the beginning in either game. Now they have them as a 'style' to play as.

I just want a longer single-player mode.

or at least two single-player stories again, I liked how it was in 2. Just not how you didn't get a harder one till DLC came out. I don't mind getting one later, but only having an easier one for a long while was eh. One easier, on harder like this last time. It lets those of us that like a challenge play something a bit harder, but also those of us that don't enjoy the difficulty be able to play as well.

Idk, there's a lot they could really do with this. because so much seems to be changing between 2 and 3.

Cephalobro

But Octarians also weren't playable from the beginning in either game. Now they have them as a 'style' to play as.

I just want a longer single-player mode.

or at least two single-player stories again, I liked how it was in 2. Just not how you didn't get a harder one till DLC came out. I don't mind getting one later, but only having an easier one for a long while was eh. One easier, on harder like this last time. It lets those of us that like a challenge play something a bit harder, but also those of us that don't enjoy the difficulty be able to play as well.

Idk, there's a lot they could really do with this. because so much seems to be changing between 2 and 3.
I was referring to the tentacle creatures and not so much the Octoling themselves. But anyway, I just want to see non-threatening tentacle creatures on the surface for once, just to give some variety of common NPCs (aka Jellyfish) we see in the world.

Emperor2308

Full Squid
I just hope neither single-player mode has the Octarians as the main antagonists. It's already kind of boring to see the Octolings as the only Octarians above ground, but to make them the antagonists a third game in a roll would be even more boring because that's too predictable. Plus, they could just make the Salmonids a really creative species by having them take over the role of main antagonist instead of the Octarians. The second single-player mode could be an entirely new antagonistic species.
This isn't official, but in Book number 8 of the Splatoon Manga, you see, Captain Cuttlefish dancing with an army of sanitized octarians, lol .

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Splatoon 3 will likely give us playable cuttlefish (see lore topic for why I think this). But what would playable cuttlefish be like?

Inklings are cool, Octolings are cute. The Splatoon 2 art book has a page of NPC ideas, and one of them is a cuttlefish kid who's "uncompraheldably pretty". That plus, well, the Squid Sisters, makes me guess that humanoid cuttlefish are very attractive.

But please Nintendo, playable cuttlefish makes so much sense and would be awesome.

Cephalobro

You could argue that all the -lings are cute (due to them always looking like they are doing the "puppy eyes" trick with how their pupils are positioned), but I find Octolings more interesting in terms of lore, and in video-games in general, I tend to play as characters/use certain things that have the most interesting/potential lore behind them (and pretty much play as a character who matches my gender, which combined with lore aspect is why I play as an Octoling Boy).

Anyways, as I said in another thread, an Octarian "little buddy" would be a cool addition to the game because of its unique customization options. For simplicity's sake, it would be an Octotrooper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom