• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3

Marth the overlord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NonBrinary
Tundras can also be pretty chaotic. And after listening to way too much Guns 'n Roses, I think the most chaotic biome is a jungle.

"You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! You're gonna DIE!"

Metalheads like me shouldn't create kids games-
I'm closer to emo and punk but WOAH

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
AC/DC is epic. I hate how their songs are in Marvel movies cuz now they're popular. But that doesn't stop me from liking their music, though.
Glad to hear it isn't stopping you, it's easier to be happy when the popularity of the things you enjoy isn't a factor in whether you like them or not :)

Cephalobro

This may seem unlikely, but will we be able to change an Amiibo's hairstyle? We know that not every hairstyle is going to receive an Amiibo version, so I think changing an Amiibo's hairstyle in-game would be a good alternative.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
In terms of the game's music, I'm glad there's a chaotic setting, because, as I stated many times before, I'm a complete metalhead. A big fan of 80s metal, to be specific. A lot of music in the 80s followed the (in my opinion) perfect formula of long instrumental intros, a verse that repeats itself once before a pre-chorus (my favorite part of a song), followed by the main chorus and a smaller instrumental part before another verse. Instrumental solos longer than the first may often appear before the end of the song. Some might have a single phrase before the intro. The perfect example of this formula is I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister, the geniuses behind We're Not Gonna Take It, another great song. Though more rock than metal, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey also fits this formula.

However, we're here to talk Splatoon. Some songs from the Splatoon games that fit that epic formula are Bomb Rush Blush and Muck Warfare. Weirdly, neither are rock songs, but they're some of the most well-written songs in the series (I made a post about that in the Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook topic if you wanna check that out). Generic battle themes don't tend to follow it (there may be some that do and I just can't think of them right now), and I think it would be cool if we got some that did.

Sorry if this post is a bit of a music-rambling.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Okay.

Final decision of whether the player in Splatoon 3 is Agent 5 or 9, if they join the NSS in the first place. The distinguishing factor is whether Pearl, Marina, and Sheldon are Agents. All three character aid the heroes on their journeys. Sheldon creates special weapons just for Four to use on their missions, and Pearl and Marina use hacking, theft (no seriously), and other techniques to help Eight escape the Metro. However, they don't seem to have the same role as Three, Four, and Eight. When they appear in Octo Valley, Callie and Marie have a similar guilding figure kind of role (Three being the person they guide), but it's revealed that Three's uniform used to be worn by Marie, Four's by Callie, hinting that they had similar adventure before the events of the game. Another character to observe is Cuttlefish, who isn't an Agent but is still part of the Splatoon, proving that someone can be part of it without being an Agent, which leads me to my final conclusion.

Pearl, Marina, and Sheldon are not Agents. They are likely part of the New Squidbeak Splatoon with their own roles (lethal voice, team hacker, and weapon supplier maybe?). Agents are specifically characters who go on missions or have been on them some time in the past, those being Callie, Marie, Three, Four, and Eight (Eight is a little more confusing, as they don't fight Octarians for the same reason the others do, but they're the only one doing any challenges in Octo Expansion, and traveling to the Promised Land is just as much an adventure as saving the Great Zapfish). If the player in Splatoon 3 joins the NSS, they'll almost positively be Agent 5.

Last edited:

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I mean, Splatzones with a Carbon Roller is a pretty good close-range thing. However, the fact that I only use Octobrushes and Carbon Rollers means that I costantly get into fights with shooter players and they always outrange me. More melee weapons would be great. We only have sloshers and rollers (brushes are a subclass of roller), and a new unique type of melee weapon would be interesting, though I fear Sword would just be a brush that you can't run with. I think a cool new weapon class could be things you attach to your hands and feet that ink turf as you run. You can punch and kick the air to cover more ground, and holding B while firing with them would have you kneel down and charge formards. They would be a cool hand-to hand combat weapon. Dual brushes or a slosher that shoots upwards would also be interesting.

ttv woomy(pepsi)

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3644-5976-0494
I mean, Splatzones with a Carbon Roller is a pretty good close-range thing. However, the fact that I only use Octobrushes and Carbon Rollers means that I costantly get into fights with shooter players and they always outrange me. More melee weapons would be great. We only have sloshers and rollers (brushes are a subclass of roller), and a new unique type of melee weapon would be interesting, though I fear Sword would just be a brush that you can't run with. I think a cool new weapon class could be things you attach to your hands and feet that ink turf as you run. You can punch and kick the air to cover more ground, and holding B while firing with them would have you kneel down and charge formards. They would be a cool hand-to hand combat weapon. Dual brushes or a slosher that shoots upwards would also be interesting.
i like that idea,reminds me of street fighter combo

Cephalobro

As long as it doesn't force complicated button combinations like 90% of fighting games to do to allow you to perform advanced techniques, I'm fine with more melee-style weapons.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Another cool idea for a melee weapon: A slosher that fires upwards and surrounds you with ink before falling down. Think of it as the rainbow horn thingy in Kirby's return to dreamland, which fires a rainbow upwards and falls down, working as a shield. To fit with the desert theme, maybe make it a plain silver bucket with a bit of rust, like the kind you'd see in a cowboy movie. As a mentioned earlier, a broom brush would also be pretty epic. It's fling has you sweep the broom from side-to-side as if you were sweeping, attacking a bit in front of you but mainly on the sides. Getting hit by this brush wouldn't instantly kill you, obviously, but it would push you to the side. Flinging midair will have you sweep forwards. The dash would be slower than the Octobrush, but easier to control. I also imagine it's pather to be slightly thicker than the Octobrush's, having it be more of the type of broom where the stick connects to a long rectangle and it has shorter bristle, which would result in its attacks dealing a little less than the Inkbrush, but it would have a much better ink tank than the other brushes (shivers in Octobrush main). Here's an example of what I mean:

And for the Slosher:

I honestly think we have enough non-brush rollers. There's the basic Splat Roller, the most broken weapon in the game Carbon Roller (it's just a better Octobrush), the awful in Salmon Run mode Dynamo Roller, and the unique but weird Flingza Roller. I can kinda imagine a roller with wheels or something that makes it go faster, but you can just stack Main Speed Up with a Carbon Roller until you have an Octobrush that deals more damage. If they're gonna go with new melee weapons, more brushes and melee sloshers would be a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom