• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

pio_dov

Pro Squid
The kid probably got involved in some crazy squit before the events of Splatoon 3. I mean, they're in the middle of a desert with a salmonid and is trying to head to the literal "City of Chaos". It was likely the White Tee, as you can faintly see a slightly lighter area making a shape similar to the logo on the White Tee. My guess is that the print got weathered off. that's currently happening to my New Squidbeak Splatoon sweatshirt. Also, this isn't related, but I just got the Splatoon 2 artbook, and uh, kidnapping people makes Octavio more popular among the citizens of Octo Canyon???

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I am cautiously optimistic. Splatoon 2 had a lot of problems that will need to be addressed, including feeling more like an expansion pack for the original than a proper sequel. The report by Oatmealdome of Nintendo using better netcode for future games is heartening, though. Here's hoping they can pull it off.

Vernaltick

Full Squid
So I was playing splatoon 2 hero mode, and when you jump off a ink rail as a squid it looks a lot like the one in the 3 trailer.

Cephalobro

Also, this isn't related, but I just got the Splatoon 2 artbook, and uh, kidnapping people makes Octavio more popular among the citizens of Octo Canyon???
A few Octarians probably got to know Callie personally, then word of mouth spread. The Octo Samurai is a big Callie fan according to the same artbook.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
but I just got the Splatoon 2 artbook, and uh, kidnapping people makes Octavio more popular among the citizens of Octo Canyon???
What is in the art book exactly? I only have the Splatoon 1 art book.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
There's a giant section about the development of Octo Canyon, and there's this one image with a caption that says, quote "Apparently, his kidnapping of Callie (wait, this same book said that he just swapped her sunglasses...), who is popular among the Inklings, is boosting his approval rating." The image with the caption also shows that originally the final boss might've been able to use gian burst bombs. That would be impossible to escape from.

On the note of Splatoon 3, all who worship Little Buddy say "I".

Cephalobro

I actually want the idols to be siblings this time, just to see how far sibling rivalry is willing to go regarding Splatfest choices. I had this idea a while back that the idols could be two Octoling brothers who specialize in different genres of rock: classical rock for the younger brother and metal for the older brother (could be the other way around too). They would have long hair like many male metal musicians do.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
@Cephalobro | The pupfish can survive in any climate. Bigfin reef squids multiply more in warmer water and are thus extremely invasive to many places worldwide due to global warming (Callie! How could you?!). Maybe an angler fish or some sort of twilight zone creature? A shark would also make sense, as they're known for being frightening and chaotic. Those are some ideas. I would like the weapon guy to be a friend of Sheldon's, hopefully another crab.

Cephalobro

I think a hammerhead shark could be one of the shopkeepers. Another shopkeeper could be one of those long-headed jellyfish from the Octo Expansion as well. As for an Ammo Knights shopkeeper, I think a tentacle Octarian could surprisingly suit the idea considering some of the returning weapons look high-tech compared to their predecessors. Even some high-tech components can be seen on the ink bow, which the bow itself is primitive otherwise.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
I honestly want all the different stuff to be sold at one big department store, like in EarthBound. However, we were already shown where Ammo Knights is. Maybe all the clothes, the Squid Beatz, the Shoal-like thing, and the pet rescue are in the same building? For one of the shopkeepers, though, I think it would be cool to have a former idol wearing a hood or something. CQ would also work as the landlord.

Cephalobro

I just want the hub to be more explorable. Inkopolis Square barely had anything worth exploring because it was mostly like a really wide hallway. Where are the secret areas? This is actually what I liked about Inkopolis Plaza more than Inkopolis Square, the fact that was someone in an alley who would give you more slots for clothing while asking for your Sea Snails.

Cephalobro

I just want Nintendo to stop the habit of not giving us intricate hub worlds. They did this with 3D Mario as well. I remember Super Mario Galaxy being the final Mario game to really have an intricate hub world that's fun to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom