• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Also, slightly longer with shorter bristles for the broom.

I might make art for them later, idk. But I'm gonna call them the Spit Slosher and Dusterbrush. Additionally, the Spit Slosher's way of firing up would have your (ink/octo)ling throw their arms upwards with the bucket in their hand. Sloshing midair could hurl ink behind you.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
The weapon I have longed to see in this game almost as much as the inkbow is my Swoosher aka the ink flail

I just want a giant sponge filled with ink attached to a jump rope, mainly to serve as a long range melee sniper class

I do love the idea of an ink sword but the mechanics would need to be changed to set it apart from a inkbrush.
Here are my two ideas
1.Master sword style give is a project that travels when you don't swing for a bit so that it can have

2. Sword dash it would fuctioning like the duelies roll except leaves a trail of ink in its wake would serve more as a dodge and mobility mechanic than offensive mechanic

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Cool! Collectively, we have so many cool ideas. My idea for the punchy-kicky-thing would have the player attach sponges or bristles or something to the bottom on their shoes (they would tie around your foot if you're just wearing a friendship bracelet) and wear glove thingies with ink shooting out of them. Imagine them as either sponge gauntlets or Wolverine claws but made of ink (both would probably exist as different types of the weapon class).

I think all of our ideas are great, and I can't wait to see what Nintendo ends up doing!

Cephalobro

In terms of Ranked Modes, I prefer the "all share one rank" rather than the "all have separate ranks" approach. All ranked modes sharing a single rank would actually be more important if more get added (which I can see it happening). I just don't want to deal with 6 separate ranks, especially when they use the current rotation format.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
In terms of Ranked Modes, I prefer the "all share one rank" rather than the "all have separate ranks" approach. All ranked modes sharing a single rank would actually be more important if more get added (which I can see it happening). I just don't want to deal with 6 separate ranks, especially when they use the current rotation format.
I get the sentiment, but I think the idea of every mode having a separate ranking is much healthier for the overall player base. Just because someone knows what they're doing in Splat Zones doesn't mean they'll have a clue how to play Clam Blitz, for instance.
There could still be a solution to the issue of it being difficult to climb ranks in multiple game modes, though. It's probably safe to say you know the fundamentals of any ranked game mode if you can reach S or S+, so perhaps a system could be implemented that bumps you up to B in every mode if you hit one of those milestones. That way experienced players won't have to deal with totally clueless newbies, and new players won't have to deal with getting steamrolled as frequently. It's not a perfect idea and could use some tweaking, but something along those lines could work out pretty well.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Actually, I like it the way it is. That may sound weird, but I don't want to lose my A- rank in Clam Blitz because I'm going against people in Rainmaker who got their A from playing that mode.

And if Salmon Run's ranks went with the normal rank system, I simply just wouldn't play ranked.

Cephalobro

If the pet system was dependent upon whether Chaos or Order won, it's going to be an even bigger bummer because I wanted to see friendly Octarians outside of Octolings.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Oh yeah, that makes sense...I think the Salmonid migration season is over and they're friendly now, but Octavio may have hypnotized some since he's Octavio. Maybe you can still get Octo Balls and stuff? Or maybe that... thing Marie keeps in Tentakeel Outpost (not Tartar).

Or maybe Little Buddy isn't a pet and he's simply a friend? Who knows what Nintendo has in store for us. I can hardly wait.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Also, a chaos mode would be awesome. 4-player battle royale where whatever weapon class you have equipped is changed into something better. Like a roller that would swing as fast as an Inkbrush but have the range and power of a Dynamo. Or a Grizzco Charger with an amazing Ink Tank. The mode also wouldn't change your rank if you lose, but it will rise if you win. If they have Kelp Dome return, it would make the perfect stage for this. It's a square full of hiding places. Each player could spawn in one corner, and maybe there's more obstacles, like broken machine parts and overgrown vines.

Chaos Mode.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Guess this site's dead again already -_-

Anyway, here's another idea for Splatoon 3.

One of the greatest things about Splatoon 2 is that there's two different story modes. I personally like the story and level layout of Octo Canyon better, but many people prefer Octo Expansion, and I totally get it if you do. The greatness about there being both of them is that there's a mode for two different types of players. For the Canyon-lovers like me, maybe there's a plot where Octavio tries to conquer Splatsville with an army of hypnotized Salmonid and Agent 5 takes them down before they can get to the surface. Maybe for the Expansion-lovers there's a plot where where something happens to a village of cuttlefish and all the residents leave for the big cities to escape, but one child is left behind and has to go through various odd challenges to make it to Splatsville (or maybe Inkopolis idk). That way, we can all be happy with the mode (though I would like the Octavio story to have more story to it outside of radio messages).

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I will admit I loved Octo Expansion more than Octo Canyon

Octo Canyon felt like an introduction to splatoon in its level design and story it add to the experience but to me I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as S1 story

Octo Expansion was a challenge that recognized players experience with the game and add more depth to the og agent, cuttlefish, along with pearl and marina's story

I honestly want more of the latter drive foward what happened to the human race and the world the inklings now live in....keep some of the base level intro design but mix in level uniqieness and variety of Octo Expansions as side quests or even later on into the final areas of the story mode

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Your view is interesting. I enjoyed a lot of get to the goal levels in Octo Expansion, actually, including the (NON-TIMED) 8-Ball ones. Everyone hates on 8-Ball levels, but that one 8-Ball station with the rolling carpet things and stuff was my favorite station of all. One the other hand, I strongly disliked popping balloons, matching pictures, beating enemies within a time limit, and all that stuff. On the other hand, the option to choose a weapon among the given is awesome. In terms of final battles, the idea was so much cooler in the Expansion, actually, but I love the cinematic cutscenes in between each phase in Octo Canyon. I like the radio cutscenes slightly more than the chat logs, but I wouldn't mind if one stays and one leaves, for either. Many people would literally stop playing the series if Octavio's the final boss again, but I like him as a villain. I think it would be best if it tricks you into thinking he's the final boss, but then there's another. But you can't not have him come back; it's almost as though Marie enjoys him escaping. She's keeping him in a sphere of shattered glass held together by a Band-Aid. Another thing though is that I love games where you don't have to be good to enjoy them (one of the reason optional bosses are so great).

I like your idea of side quests, but I think it would still be cool to have more than one story mode, just to get different sides of the story. Maybe 3 this time? Splatoon has one, Splatoon 2 has two, and Splatoon 3 will likely have 3.

Cephalobro

I have a theory about the ages of these Inklings and Octolings, I think that they are a little bit older than what we are used to. My evidence is the fact that we see a female Octoling with Inkling-like teeth very briefly in the trailer. It's very easily missed:
upload_2021-2-25_10-56-2.png

(Also, decided to take this time to add the neon fish sign that I have mentioned before:
upload_2021-2-25_10-58-43.png
)

When we see the models of enemy Octolings, they also have Inkling-like teeth. But I have an alternate theory:

The difference in teeth for the playable Octolings this time could be that they have been as a result of breeding with the Octarian variety, aka the variety that comes as a result of an Octotrooper or other 1 or 2 tentacled Octarian becoming an Octoling. This might explain the similar teeth on the Octolings with patterned tentacles.

Last edited:

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Oh!!!!

That would explain why Marina has two upper fangs like inklings do (Marina is the only adult Octoling shown in humanoid form). Octolings probably grow another one as they get older. Really cool that you noticed that!

Cephalobro

Oh!!!!

That would explain why Marina has two upper fangs like inklings do (Marina is the only adult Octoling shown in humanoid form). Octolings probably grow another one as they get older. Really cool that you noticed that!
I have edited my post for an alternate theory as well.

Cephalobro

Should I make art for my weapon ideas?

Also, I think it would be cool if you make art of your idea for the idols @Cephalobro
Yeah, I have been thinking of getting back into art for some time now, hopefully, things in my life will settle down enough to let me have more time for art. I only actually have drawn an Octotrooper using a graphic-based program, which I realized is not the right kind of program to specifically do art. I do have a drawing of my main Octoling oc that remained WIP for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom