• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
@Cephalobro

Some people would argue the Inkbrush would be considered a sword but honestly, I'd see Nintendo giving us a pen or a pencil, though that may be too similar to a spear or something but there isn't really anything I can think of that Nintendo could get inspiration from beside that. An exacto-knife would be a little... brutal so they're likely going to need to use something else. Maybe pair that with a palette as a shield?

Cephalobro

I can see an ink sword being only the hilt outside of battles and when in battles, the blade is actually a long blob of ink. If things like Ink Rails can exist, then surely a weapon with ink making up the blade can also exist.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
There's probably going to be different variants of the Inkbow based off of long bows, crossbows, and more. Kinda like the Inkbrush and Octobrush. Speaking of which, a brush based on a broom (as in dusting away sand) would be amazing. Or a roller with ATV tires on its sides to fit in with the desert setting. Maybe a parasol-like Brella to keep the sun out of your eyes or a slosher that looks like those spit buckets you see in cowboy movies. This dry setting is giving Nintendo so much opportunity for cool weapon, and I can't wait to see what they are :)

Speaking of cool stuff, the hair styles all look great besides that one weird Elvis Octoling thingy. I just dislike that one for some reason.

Vernaltick

Full Squid
I am really curious about the bow, I love bows and the fact that we get to use one is incredibly exciting. I think it should funtion as a cross between a charger and a slosher if that makes sense, it seems to have an arch which would mean that aiming it up, like a slosher, could make the ink bolts fall down onto people behind cover. If all three shots hit a target, it's an instakill, it appears that depending on how long you hold the charge determines the range and number of shots it fires at once. In the trailer, it was shown, albeit briefly, that the bow fired only two shots instead of three, which is why I have come to this conclusion.

Additionally, the bow would switch between horizontal and vertical positions, making me believe that it has two modes of fire, one that's better at inking and one for sniping. It seems likely that this could also have a shorter ranged, faster variant and a longer ranged, slower variant, I'm basing this theory on long and short bows that exist in real life.
To me it seems like the bow isn't all that good at painting below you, and I think that it only went vertical in the air(correct me if I'm wrong.) I think its gonna be like a squiffer.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
To me it seems like the bow isn't all that good at painting below you, and I think that it only went vertical in the air(correct me if I'm wrong.) I think its gonna be like a squiffer.
Squiffers are my favorite charger.
But according to the official twitter account it will fire 3 shots outwards in a cone kinda like if the tenta brella shot 3 charger shots

I can see an ink sword being only the hilt outside of battles and when in battles, the blade is actually a long blob of ink. If things like Ink Rails can exist, then surely a weapon with ink making up the blade can also exist.
If the ink sword gets in I want my Ink flail in too (just a giant sponge attached to a jump rope)

Vernaltick

Full Squid
Squiffers are my favorite charger.
But according to the official twitter account it will fire 3 shots outwards in a cone
Ex:
/​
/

-------
\
\​
*kinda like this but alot closer together

If the ink sword gets in I want my Ink flail in too (just a giant sponge attached to a jump rope)
I was thinking more of a range comparable to the squiffer, not like how it shoots. I should have clarified.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Ah no worries
I am curious though will it be a fast firing weapon like the squiffer, that can turf better and takes two shots to splat (or maybe be a OHKO)
Or will it have a charge time similar to the splat charger and do all three shots OHKO or just the center one?

I also wonder if charge saving, and vertical flicking will make a return or possibly add new and different mechanics to the other weapon classes

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Wanna place bets on what the status will be of characters from previous games? No money or anything involved, or course. This is a family-friendly site.

But seriously who else here think Cuttlefish is dead.

Cephalobro

Who do you think will be the villain for Splatoon 3? My bet will either be Mr. Grizz or another individual involved with the Salmonids. In terms of who I can see returning, I think Agent 4 might return.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Jokes aside, I think Marie will lead the player the way she does in Splatoon 2 (since she's the NSS leader now Cuttlefish is dead). Octavio wants to take control of Splatsville since it doesn't have a government and he wants to be the leader, so Captain Firefly (Marie) finds a Splatsville kid to join the NSS as either Agent 5, 7, or 9 and stop Octavio before he tries to do the invasion. I'll say Agent 9 because Nintendo's been pretty accepting to fan ideas lately. However, meanwhile, Callie has wanted to get revenge on Octavo for 5 years and wants nothing more than to beat the cr*p out of him. You can imagine her pain when Agent 9 beats him instead.

Just my thoughts of a plot.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
@Vernaltick
Somewhere around 2:30 in the trailer, you can see the Inkling fire vertically in the air, turning horizontally after they land. It was first shown that the inkling fired it vertically on the ground, so the requirements don't seem to be based on wether you are grounded or not.

Edit: It doesn't seem to paint super well you're right, I was just saying that it may have a better painting method, if the ink is horizontal, it makes a wider path which may indicate better paint coverage. Think of it like having the inking efficiency of a charger and the painting mode mechanic similar to squeezer.

Last edited:

Vernaltick

Full Squid
It seemed like they were firing it pretty fast too. I wonder if horizontal will cover more ground but do less damage, and vertical will do more damage but cover less ground!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom