• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 3

Cephalobro

So, from what I gather, the weapon from this Hero Mode will be the only one used, but it's going to be multipurpose.

Cephalobro

Here are a few more things I have seen:

The Hero mode weapon's attachment seems to have some strings rolled up, makes me think it can turn into some sort of Hero Bow (what I will call it for now, and keep calling it that unless it has a different name.)

The character we will be playing as is New Agent 3, the original Agent 3 has been promoted to Captain, thus the name being Captain 3.

Salmonids (or at least Little Buddy) can eat the fuzz goop with no negative side effects.

Judd and Lil' Judd might be involved in this story mode.

The fuzzy Octarian eyes gives a strong sense that they have been altered without their consent, much like Sanitization.

An unrelated, but quick disclaimer about the information: the Squid Research Lab has always been biased against Octarians in general, so it's not really new that they are calling them "evil".

Cephalobro

Sorry to double-post, but I have to bring this to attention, there has been a screenshot (or is that from promotional art?) that shows Captain 3 having orange eyes rather than blue, leading to the idea that we will be able to customize him/her.

Another thing, I really hope they don't introduce Salmonlings. It just doesn't make sense for Salmonids to have an Inkling version, especially when Salmonids don't have a set army structured, making them different from the Octarians in that way. Salmonlings would've already appeared before due to the Salmonid's chaotic nature when it comes to fighting. Also, Goldies already took the "most important subspecies spot" already, so there is no point.

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I hope it is truly open world and I'm not talking about "open world" like Super Mario Odessy but I mean really open world where you can explore the streets and get into random fights one on one. There are so many shops, buildings, streets, and parks to explore but in Splatoon 1 and 2 they are locked away. Why this travesty? To be honest I don't like levels and prefer to explore a large single world and find the treasures myself not this:

Start Game -> missing 1 -> complete mission -> boss -> next world -> final boss. So repetitive and uninteresting. You all should watch this:

It is so interesting how narrow the streets are and if I was making Splatoon which I may hack in the future (I'm building a game called The Trail Hogs) I would have ink fights on the streets where you can meet up with people and battle. Shops would be nearby to purchase gear and specials and at competitive prices. Sheldon would definitely have competition because to be honest some of his weapons... damn. So anyways, the story mode would be access from secret passages around the city that you would really have to look for. You would get hints, fight intruding enemies to get a key or magic potion, go on a special mission in the city and then get rewarded with a map to a secret passage, etc Also bosses may attack from the tops of buildings or inside them. You're saving Inkopolis or Splatsville and it's you're job to ensure the safety of the city. I'd make the game a mix of role playing with live action because there wasn't much of that Splatoon 1 or 2... holy macaroni! It's my opinion that there should be an option to be able to ride a bike and shoot ink from it and engage with various street gangs that are formed as part of the game or by people playing the game. Build up your abilities, fight or do some mission for them, and keep on going up the ladder. Also Splatfests would be all over the city with parties raging everywhere. I mean not just dancing but with contests like who can use the least ink to climb up Inkopolis Tower or something is Splatsville. The plaza and square or whatever will be in Splatsville are also interesting. In the first two games they're so boooooring... nothing going on there... wow! For me if I were developing Splatoon I would have random events happen like for example someone passing by with a bike and stealing your weapon or some item then you having to chase them around the city. Or what about being able to challenge the Jellies to a round of skateboarding or what about even playing a movie on the big screen. Anyways, my hope is that Splatoon 3 is absolutely awesome! I think if my OCs were in Splatoon 1 or 2 it would be really cool. Could you image Hillbilly Jim as the pop idol?
Please no.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Heads Up Squids and Kids!

Splatoon 3 is offically up for preorder on various online stores including best buy, gamestop, and amazon shopping, so anyone looking to pick it up early can do so now

We are getting close.... (note this is purely speculation)
I am expecteting either this Nintendo Direct or the one in April we will get an offical look at the main gamemode (I am guessing there is something they are holding back info on turf war and ranked), but likely this will follow with a Splatoon 3 Beta test like with the other 2 releases
Most likely in May or late April so we will be back to the turf wars soon

Cephalobro

I think we'll have to wait until the summer for Splatoon 3. Splatoon 2's Testfires both happened long before the game got close to release. As for what will be usable in the Testfire itself, the Ink Bow will definitely be usable. As for other things, I expect that we will be using premade characters much like the first Splatoon 2 Testfire. If there is a Testfire based around Splatfest or something else where premade characters aren't needed, then it could allow us to try the expanded customization options.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Inkzooka.png

So recently some new photos were posted from Splatoon JP... tri-burst inkzooka

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I'll leave it to someone else to dig deep into that turf war demo, but man I'm excited. Feels like they switched the release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3, though.

Cephalobro

I'm all for a later release than usual if it means the online portion of the game becomes a lot less inconvenient. As long as Splatoon 3 uses the new online system and not the one that's 2 decades old is all I ask in terms of online right now.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
I'm so glad I stopped making Nintendo direct predictions after the recent February direct
I still have 4 correct.
1. Skyward sword HD in February 2021
2. Sequel To breath of the wild news at e3 2021
3. Splatoon 3 news at October (or September) 2021
4. Splatoon 3 release window announcement at February 2022

also guys, uhhhhhhhhhh can someone explain this?
1650667640612.png

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
also guys, uhhhhhhhhhh can someone explain this?
This is stating that the Octo Expansion DLC will come free with Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack memberships. It also includes Nintendo 64 games, Sega Genesis games, the MK8 Booster Course Pass, and the AC:NH Happy Home Paradise DLC, though these were announced last month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom