• All of them/3-Pack

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • None

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
So here's a discussion. How does everyone feel about the amiibo DLC in genera?

Personally, since they are looking like they will be commoms, I'm fine with it. If they were hard to get amiibos I'd be mad even with getting them, but they should be easy to get based on how often people can pre-order them.
They do seem to be common, and I think they'll be really cool in Splatoon! It gives me a little hope for having Inkling in Smash, so that you can use the Amiibo in Smash, too! It may be unlikely, but it's possible.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid

Personally, since they are looking like they will be commoms, I'm fine with it. If they were hard to get amiibos I'd be mad even with getting them, but they should be easy to get based on how often people can pre-order them.
I don't really view the Amiibo content as "DLC". Instead, I see it as being similar to the bonuses you'd get for pre-ordering at a specific store and such. But instead of getting this bonus content for pre-ordering the game, you get it for owning the Amiibo. And as a bonus, you can get it even after launch by finding the Amiibo figures.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet

Most of the time, if it is something that just reads the amiibo and unlocks something (which is the case with Splatoon) I don't really like, I'm not against it either, but it isn't something I feel that needs an amiibo to happen, it should have other unlock methods (as an eShop purchase for example). I only really feel amiibo is great when it actually saves something to the figure.

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
I'm hoping they're common, because I haven't preordered them and the effect they do in-game is pretty useful.

I wonder if they'll make another Amiibo update with an Inkling Mii costume for Mario Kart 8, I doubt it, but it'd be great to see!

Lyn

Premium
I'm hoping they're common, because I haven't preordered them and the effect they do in-game is pretty useful.

I wonder if they'll make another Amiibo update with an Inkling Mii costume for Mario Kart 8, I doubt it, but it'd be great to see!
Well, there is an Inkling Mii hat in Streetpass Mii Plaza, so don't give up hope on that. I think they'll be common, honestly.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Preordered the 3 pack at walmart a few days ago! I mostly wanted them cuz the figures look nice / the ingame outfits.

Really clever how they used ink to hold up the squid one, rather than some weird looking plastic pedestal or something

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
Preordered the 3 pack at walmart a few days ago! I mostly wanted them cuz the figures look nice / the ingame outfits.

Really clever how they used ink to hold up the squid one, rather than some weird looking plastic pedestal or something
Yeah, those pedestals are very odd looking. The ink definitely fits them.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid

Yeah, the Splatoon Amiibo are easily the highest quality Amiibo yet. I mean, they have clear tanks with color inside... no other Amiibo has done anything like that.

I find the ink splattered on the bases to be an especially nice touch.

Reactions: Lyn

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
I'm surprised they made a Squid one in the first place, I was fully expecting the Boy and Girl from the leaks to be it. Not complaining in the slightest though, I want them all.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I want the content of the amiibos but i don't want the figures. I can't bring myself to support them.

MoonMonkey

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
I was never really into amiibos, but i think the splatoon amiibos add the best content to a game i've seen to date.So i'll pick up all 3.

Undr

Every Amiibo I've purchased to date has been for Twitch giveaways. The Inkling however is staying right here in my studio. ^_^

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
Had stand in line for over an hour at Gamestop, but I did manage to pre-order a 3-pack the day after they were announced.

It'll be worth it for the Fashion Squids.

Undr

Had stand in line for over an hour at Gamestop, but I did manage to pre-order a 3-pack the day after they were announced.

It'll be worth it for the Fashion Squids.
I literally walked in the day of their announcement and was greeted with, "I'm sorry, but we're not able to take any more Amiibo preorders." To which I replied, "I'm hear to preorder the Inkling Amiibo." Their response: "Inkling Amiibo?". Naturally I got my preorder then and there, lol.

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
I literally walked in the day of their announcement and was greeted with, "I'm sorry, but we're not able to take any more Amiibo preorders." To which I replied, "I'm hear to preorder the Inkling Amiibo." Their response: "Inkling Amiibo?". Naturally I got my preorder then and there, lol.
Well, aren't you a lucky one.

Undr

Well, aren't you a lucky one.
I honestly didn't realize they were popular. As of last Wednesday I'm still the only person to've preordered an Inkling Amiibo at any of my county's three GameStop locations. =/

KamekSans

Inkling
I
I'm surprised they made a Squid one in the first place, I was fully expecting the Boy and Girl from the leaks to be it. Not complaining in the slightest though, I want them all.
If I remember correctly, the squid was leaked as well... But as a seperate figure. I'm still not entirely sure why the Squid is 3-pack/Special edition exclusive, but hey, it convinced me to buy it.

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
I would get the Inkling Girl... If I could order it in the first place. I guess I'll just hope they have some in-store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom