• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon: Anxiety From Killing Noobies

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Of course I'm not actually killing someone, It's just if It's some kid I don't want to make them rage and quit the game out of anger.. I feel bad knowing that I can make people do that, but I don't want to let my team down either..

I only kill the young players if they're an immediate threat to my team winning I just don't want to make anyone upset, honest!!

( T // ︿ // T )
I think you are taking the game a little to personal. Just because you 'feel bad' does not mean everyone is so sensitive when they play the game. I think you are putting to much thought into it. Not everyone is gonna rage and quit because they get splatted a few times and if they do I think you splatting them is the least of their worries.

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
I did beat up a bunch of low Splatfest Powered people last Splatfest on an alt. Felt great in comparison to losing just about every match on the Night Owl side, but now I probably feel bad XD

If there are low levels in my lobby normally, I will splat them without mercy(can't help it as an offensive Aero), but definitely will help those on my own team. At least, I hope I am.
I will take on the role of leader if I'm the highest level on my team (39 atm) and try to take out enemies for everyone, so I guess that's helping?
SPLATFEST IS AN EXCEPTION

*Written in blood*

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
Now with the memes storming in, might aswell voice my more serious opinion on the matter:

It's real easy to forget that in a game geared towards kids where everyone is more or less anonymous, that there are actual children playing this game alongside with us (persumably) adults. This 'survival of the fittest' saying just doesn't hold any water when you're a grown adult with persumably years of gaming experience beating up groups of new meat, people who aren't just new to splatoon but also to gaming. For the newbie it's such an insurmountable challenge to take on pros directly that they don't learn anything, you learn things by taking challenges that are slightly above your skill level and then go your way up. This way, you approach the subject in a fun, interesting and especially comprehensible fasion and you get better over time.
Going straight from C vs S+ is like tasking someone who never held a pencil in a life to recreate an entire Salvador Dali painting to perfection, it's just not going to work and the only thing that person's going to learn is to drop the pencil and stop drawing forever.

And what if it's an actual newbie who's also an adult in real life? Wow, that might've been you!

=POST OF THE YEAR=

=The whole point of this thread=

You get a gold star and a like :)

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
I think you are taking the game a little to personal. Just because you 'feel bad' does not mean everyone is so sensitive when they play the game. I think you are putting to much thought into it. Not everyone is gonna rage and quit because they get splatted a few times and if they do I think you splatting them is the least of their worries.
I don't think that "everyone" is sensitive in that way, the only people I don't want to get upset are kids only because they are way more likely to get upset than your average young adult or teen would...

Hell, I even get mad sometimes if you want me to be completely honest with you

I prefer the term slaughtering over pwning, lol,

Feeling salty m8?
1v1 me bro, lol

I'll 1v1 you if you want

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
I'm a new player myself, and honestly, I don't care if I get splatted a million times by the same person.

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
That’s the correct attitude! If they don’t rage, continue tweaking their game, and keep at it, noobs eventually turn into really good players. We were all there at some point.
I usually only get splatted a bunch of times If I'm trying out a new weapon I'm not used to, or I'm off my game.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
I usually only get splatted a bunch of times If I'm trying out a new weapon I'm not used to, or I'm off my game.
Understood. My post wasn't meant to be a comment on your skill, but rather just on the overall trajectory of player development in Splatoon (or any shooter). Heck I'm S+, and if I whip out an unfamiliar weapon, or am off my game, I get rocked. :p

Last edited:

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
Understood. My post wasn't meant to be a comment on your skill, but rather just on the overall trajectory of player development in Splatoon (or any shooter). Heck I'm S+, and if I whip out and unfamiliar weapon, or am off my game, I get rocked. :p
I can understand that lol. Lately I've been trying to get used to blasters and it has not worked out well.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
I can understand that lol. Lately I've been trying to get used to blasters and it has not worked out well.
Ha ha, well I am definitely biased, but I love my blasters! If you're just getting started, I'd suggest the Luna Blaster with some strength up abilities. It's a really powerful weapon once you get used to it, even though I thought I hated it after my first couple matches of trying it out.

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
Ha ha, well I am definitely biased, but I love my blasters! If you're just getting started, I'd suggest the Luna Blaster with some strength up abilities. It's a really powerful weapon once you get used to it, even though I thought I hated it after my first couple matches of trying it out.
Thanks for the tips! I bought the Grim Range Blaster a while ago, but I find I'm having more luck with the Luna Blaster.

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
I only really get mad when I'm splatted by a kid or something... It makes me think "If kids can beat me, then I don't even want to know what the adults are like.. (⊙ // ᗣ // ⊙)" If a child can beat me, it really jabs at my self-esteem lol

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I only really get mad when I'm splatted by a kid or something... It makes me think "If kids can beat me, then I don't even want to know what the adults are like.. (⊙ // ᗣ // ⊙)" If a child can beat me, it really jabs at my self-esteem lol
Don't sweat it if someone lower rank splats ya. It's normal and healthy in my opinion.
Keeps the ol' ego in check. =P

Something something teamwork, something something something coordination, something something woomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom