Splatoon: Anxiety From Killing Noobies

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Don't forget the Smash bros fanbase, they're very toxic.. Like look at all those videos on youtube where they just makes montages of them killing people over and over again.. I literally hate those...
It's a game about fighting, of course there's gonna be things like that.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
it's a fighting game, what did you expect? It's more about showing off the combo than anything else.
You know, I see this all the time in regards to fighting game communities. "Of course it's like that, what did you expect?" is a response to all kinds of vile things that I've seen. And then people wonder why fighting games remain as niche as they are :rolleyes:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I think that in this case, though, we're referring to videos demonstrating the skill of the player at said fighting game. These can be entertaining because of the precision required or, uh, other reasons, but not, at least in my experience, because of the lack of skill of the players being killed. "Of course it's like that" is a valid argument here because, like, the point of a fighting game is to kill/KO the opponent (or, I guess, have them at lower health when the timer runs out). These videos showcase particularly entertaining ways to end battles.

srslyeffnawsum

Inkling
NNID
Seikuyuu
I play mostly at night, so I end up playing alongside the Japanese Splatoon community and getting torn to pieces on most nights. No mercy, I swear. So when I do play during the day, I notice the difference immediately. And if I realize I'm destroying the same person over and over and it seems they're having a hard time, sometimes I let off and flip flop around them to taunt instead of murder them. I like to hope I'm not making 5 year olds cry somewhere. But like some have said, they have to learn somehow. At least there's no mic so grown men aren't yelling at him for not being as good lol

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I play mostly at night, so I end up playing alongside the Japanese Splatoon community and getting torn to pieces on most nights. No mercy, I swear. So when I do play during the day, I notice the difference immediately. And if I realize I'm destroying the same person over and over and it seems they're having a hard time, sometimes I let off and flip flop around them to taunt instead of murder them. I like to hope I'm not making 5 year olds cry somewhere. But like some have said, they have to learn somehow. At least there's no mic so grown men aren't yelling at him for not being as good lol
Just speaking for myself, I get pretty fired up when someone taunts me after killing me. Especially if its someone who has killed me a few times in the match. But if you do it instead of attacking them, what do they usually do in response? I'm curious.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Someone did that to me, once, actually. First match back in Turf after the Pokemon Splatfest. I was too paranoid after the hellish experience of the night before to process what was probably a squid party invitation and ended up splatting the poor squid just to be on the safe side. Felt awful about it, but I definitely deserved them coming back on me as soon as they respawned :rolleyes:
I tried once recently to just flop around as a kind of peace offering when my team was being camped into oblivion, near the end of the match. Got no-mercy'd.

I don't mind if the noobs follow me around in Turf. As a mid-tier player it's actually kind of cute to me, and if I can encourage them to y'know...actually leave the base...so much the better.

srslyeffnawsum

Inkling
NNID
Seikuyuu
Just speaking for myself, I get pretty fired up when someone taunts me after killing me. Especially if its someone who has killed me a few times in the match. But if you do it instead of attacking them, what do they usually do in response? I'm curious.
Well, I guess I don't really mean it as a taunt, kind of as an "I'm sorry, now I'm just playing around" but then I usually try to leave them alone the rest of the match if I think they're struggling and focus on whoever kills me more. Or if there's a sniper somewhere, I will hunt them down. But if I get close enough to start flip flopping around, they usually try to kill me lol

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Well, I guess I don't really mean it as a taunt, kind of as an "I'm sorry, now I'm just playing around" but then I usually try to leave them alone the rest of the match if I think they're struggling and focus on whoever kills me more. Or if there's a sniper somewhere, I will hunt them down. But if I get close enough to start flip flopping around, they usually try to kill me lol
Aww, that's a shame. You were just trying to be nice. But I guess it makes sense, I've accidentally splatted floppers in the heat of battle.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well you are sneaking up on a charger. You have to have a personal space bubble the length of your range. So shooting you when we're in an enemy's range is a reflex. Shoot first and ask questions never! xP

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I can completely understand why the players would get upset with you and attempt to kill you after that. Just flopping around like to taunt someone is considered really rude. Squidbagging like that has a slew of negative feelings attached to it; there's really no way for them to realize you don't have bad intentions behind it. They probably assume you're laughing at them since that is what most people would use it for. Admittedly, it can cause a lot of bad feelings to have someone do that to you. I had people do that to me when I was first practicing the sniper and it does make you feel legitimately bad because it feels like they're mocking you - which they probably are.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can completely understand why the players would get upset with you and attempt to kill you after that. Just flopping around like to taunt someone is considered really rude. Squidbagging like that has a slew of negative feelings attached to it; there's really no way for them to realize you don't have bad intentions behind it. They probably assume you're laughing at them since that is what most people would use it for. Admittedly, it can cause a lot of bad feelings to have someone do that to you. I had people do that to me when I was first practicing the sniper and it does make you feel legitimately bad because it feels like they're mocking you - which they probably are.
It's okay if it's a distraction tactic though, right? :P

srslyeffnawsum

Inkling
NNID
Seikuyuu
Yeah, it's hard to distinguish what's in good fun and what's taunting since there isn't any communication. So after a while, I just back off instead and refocus my target to someone who's been killing me most of the game. Then again, I play more ranked, and most the time ranked matches, people are out for blood. No playtime, I swear lol

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Yeah, it's hard to distinguish what's in good fun and what's taunting since there isn't any communication. So after a while, I just back off instead and refocus my target to someone who's been killing me most of the game. Then again, I play more ranked, and most the time ranked matches, people are out for blood. No playtime, I swear lol
Ranked is serious business, yo. No time for fun in Ranked at all. :P I had a match the other day twinning with a friend and the other twin disconnected as the match started. There was absolutely no mercy from the other team and my friend didn't want to just give up, so we took them down as many times as we could before the inevitable knockout. x) The joys of Ranked. Sometimes I miss being a newbie where this didn't exist lol. xD

srslyeffnawsum

Inkling
NNID
Seikuyuu
Ranked is serious business, yo. No time for fun in Ranked at all. :p I had a match the other day twinning with a friend and the other twin disconnected as the match started. There was absolutely no mercy from the other team and my friend didn't want to just give up, so we took them down as many times as we could before the inevitable knockout. x) The joys of Ranked. Sometimes I miss being a newbie where this didn't exist lol. xD
I mean I really like ranked because I feel like I'm better at it, but it really is no mercy most of the time. And at first I just get frustrated when I get killed so much, but by the end of the match I'm just laughing like, "Guys, can we chill out for a moment?!"

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
Usually the thing that gets me is when I'm about to splat someone but then I hesitant and usually get splatted myself, especially if their name is something childish like "Mommy" "Mama'" "Daddy" "Dad"

I always get splatted by them because I feel bad when I splat people with names like that in fear of them being a young child..

\( T // д // T)/

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Usually the thing that gets me is when I'm about to splat someone I hesitate and usually get splatted myself when their name is something childish like "Mommy" "Mama'" "Daddy" "Dad"

I always get splatted by them because I feel bad when I splat people with names like that in fear of them being a young child..
\( T // д // T)/

Why even play then? You are not actually killing someone... Do you feel bad when you let your team mates down because you dont want to splat a lower level player or someone with a 'childish' name?

«◆Johηηγ◆»

Full Squid
Why even play then? You are not actually killing someone... Do you feel bad when you let your team mates down because you dont want to splat a lower level player or someone with a 'childish' name?

Of course I'm not actually killing someone, It's just if It's some kid I don't want to make them rage and quit the game out of anger.. I feel bad knowing that I can make people do that, but I don't want to let my team down either..

I only kill the young players if they're an immediate threat to my team winning I just don't want to make anyone upset, honest!!

( T // ︿ // T )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom