Splatoon Direct Summary

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Wait, private matches aren't in the game at launch?
you can join a friend's server, but that's it. truly private lobbies where only people on your friends list can enter are being patched in in august 2015. i wish it was in the base game, it's a really basic feature :/

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Maybe because TF2 has been out for at least 10 years and Splatoon hasn't even released yet.
I'm well aware that TF2's advantage is much higher because it's been around longer. Still though, despite the hype behind Splatoon, I really don't see it being significantly sold very well compared to other Nintendo series, even the lesser known ones. I do hope I'm wrong.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
There's no evidence saying that it isn't locked content either. We can clearly see they have some maps and weapons already completed, so what's keeping it from being available right from the start?
Forgot to quote this, but you can pull this up on literally anything. Look at Yooka and Laylee, we can clearly see they have some levels and gameplay already completed, so what's keeping it from already being available?

Things take work, just because it looks shiney doesn't mean it's functional.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
i really don't get how you could see this direct and the little free stuff they'll be adding in later as free DLC as something to be pessimistic about
Doesn't matter if it's free. Stuff that's deliberately pulled out of the game in order to be added later is a pretty big no-no. First impressions are important, and if so much of it feels lacking from the very start, it makes having the game right from get go pretty pointless. Lot's of people have made those complaints. Folks have defended Nintendo because they don't usually do that sort of thing, but here they are doing that very same thing. I'd prefer the game being delayed in order to get everything working fine, if the reason for the content being pulled out is because they need to fine tune everything.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Doesn't matter if it's free. Stuff that's deliberately pulled out of the game in order to be added later is a pretty big no-no. First impressions are important, and if so much of it feels lacking from the very start, it makes having the game right from get go pretty pointless. Lot's of people have made those complaints. Folks have defended Nintendo because they don't usually do that sort of thing, but here we are doing that very same thing. I'd prefer the game being delayed in order to get everything working fine, if the reason for the content being pulled out is because they need to fine tune everything.
no, i agree, it's just i think it would make more sense that they're just working on bonus features and stuff right now to be released later since the game's gone gold and about to be released. most companies actually do this - it's how day 1 dlc is as prevalent as it is today. and considering how pro-consumerist nintendo tends to be (at least compared to sony and microsoft) i'm willing to bet they're not intentionally removing content from their game just to gather post-release attention

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Doesn't matter if it's free. Stuff that's deliberately pulled out of the game in order to be added later is a pretty big no-no. First impressions are important, and if so much of it feels lacking from the very start, it makes having the game right from get go pretty pointless. Lot's of people have made those complaints. Folks have defended Nintendo because they don't usually do that sort of thing, but here they are doing that very same thing. I'd prefer the game being delayed in order to get everything working fine, if the reason for the content being pulled out is because they need to fine tune everything.
If it is stuff that they are still testing, then I am fine. I highly doubt that they are withholding content without any good reason. They need to also release the game for the summer hype though. If they delayed it, they wouldn't gain any traction with the game.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Imagine TF2 being delayed up until now to get everything it now has.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Imagine TF2 being delayed up until now to get everything it now has.
Except the stuff TF2 got post-release are stuff that has been built from the ground up long after the game had been released and not stuff that were seemingly locked away within the game's existing files.

Stuff like private lobbies should've been in the game to begin with. That's pretty much a standard in any shooter.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Except the stuff TF2 got post-release are stuff that has been built from the ground up long after the game had been released and not stuff that we're seemingly locked away within the game's existing files.
Then how do you know this stuff in splatoon isn't post-release stuff? and how do you know it's locked away within the games files? You don't you're just bashing on nintendo for seemingly no reason, do you buy early access stuff on steam and complain when you see the developer preview something?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Except the stuff TF2 got post-release are stuff that has been built from the ground up long after the game had been released and not stuff that were seemingly locked away within the game's existing files.
how do you even know what's locked away in the games files and what's not? we've seen one free DLC item, and that's the paint brush. every other thing revealed in this direct is in the base game.

0A2X1

Inkling
It is pretty pathetic and sad to see such basic features being pulled out from the game until a later date. The game already looks like it lacks content enough already, why can't I just play with my friends on day one? Honestly, what was their thought process on this?

I won't be getting this game until August then, I'm pretty disappointed with Nintendo's decisions recently and this just takes the cake.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
how do you even know what's locked away in the games files and what's not? we've seen one free DLC item, and that's the paint brush. every other thing revealed in this direct is in the base game.
I don't. I'm basing my judgement on the fact that we're very close to the game's release date, and we're seeing content that we won't be able to use until a later time. That just screams "locked content". I can be wrong, and perhaps I am, but I'm just concerned about it is all. Me being such a negative nancy about it is already making me look like the enemy here, but I just need to throw it out there. I'm sure Splatoon will be a great game and I'm completely down for it, but I just hate that we still need to continue waiting for all these nice stuff long after we bought the game. It's different from DLC being made from scratch after the game's release, such as how it was done for Mario Kart 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom