Splatoon Direct Summary

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Are private lobbies seriously not being "added" until August

What the **** is wrong with this company? They had one job. And the worst part is, the game is $69.99 in Canada.
i'm not gonna try doing nintendos PR for them and i also agree this really should've been in the base game, but are you ignoring they're owing up to their mistake and adding the feature into the game post launch? with free dlc? it pisses me off too but most companies wouldve just ignored fan outcry completely

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
i'm not gonna try doing nintendos PR for them and i also agree this really should've been in the base game, but are you ignoring they're owing up to their mistake and adding the feature into the game post launch? with free dlc? it pisses me off too but most companies wouldve just ignored fan outcry completely
Other companies wouldn't omit such a rudimentary feature, so no. At least they're offering free DLC at a later date.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
I can't wait to see people get mad when/if they add Voice chat complaining "it should be in the base game" or "why do I have to wait why can't things be made instantly"

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Other companies wouldn't omit such a rudimentary feature, so no. At least they're offering free DLC at a later date.
well yeah, but isn't that the point? the devs saw that the community wanted the feature in the game and is working on it. EA and activision completely ignore the outcry of battlefield and cod players, and connectivity and hit detection issues still go unfixed in both series. i don't need to remind you about teleportation in battlefield 4, right? nintendo and the splatoon devs are being very humble about it in comparison, in an industry where a lot of companies really don't care about the game and its community after it's out the door and they've made their money

Setnaro X

Full Squid
I am glad that Nintendo is humble about it. I can forgive them since Splatoon happens to be their very first online arena shooter, and they are probably doing the best they can to get everything top notch in later releases. I just think that first impressions are a lot more important, and a few things that we've seen should've definitely been available in the package right from the get go. And like I said, we are getting post content stuff for free, so I can't really complain too much.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
It's pretty silly that private games won't be introduced until August. Since they've been pushing for the online multiplayer with this game, you'd think it would be more of a priority. But honestly I'm not gonna let that kill my hype. This game looks fantastically fun especially after this direct.

Also, Tower Control is super interesting to me. I can't wait to get a chance to try that out.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Also, Tower Control is super interesting to me. I can't wait to get a chance to try that out.
I can't wait to play Tower Control. That has me hyped. For whatever reason, I love playing shooters where you are tasked with a goal that doesn't just simply involved killing the other members. It's why I love playing Annex in Gears of War and Payload in TF2. I cannot wait to see what kind of mayhem would ensue during Tower Control.

"FORT SQUIDWARD IS ALL BUT IMPENETRABLE!"

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
yeah, that is a HUGE deal actually. august 2015 is when the competitive scene is going to boom for this game. i wish that date was may 2015, but i'm glad it's happening at all.
Totally this. I felt small disappointment that this won't be available at launch. But honestly since it's a Nintendo title, I'm pretty stoked it's happening in the first place. Can't wait for release, and I can't wait for more of this stuff to come out.

I was also totally pumped when they started talking about new stages coming out every few weeks and mystery stages just kept getting added. I was drooling. I love a good mystery.

I can't wait to play Tower Control. That has me hyped. For whatever reason, I love playing shooters where you are tasked with a goal that doesn't just simply involved killing the other members. It's why I love playing Annex in Gears of War and Payload in TF2. I cannot wait to see what kind of mayhem would ensue during Tower Control.
Yes. Payload was my favorite game mode in TF2. I'm so glad to see this game getting some really interesting game modes that require so much team collaboration when they could have easily just thrown a team death match mode in there and called it a day.

It's also made me painfully curious about what the heck Rainmaker is!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster

"FORT SQUIDWARD IS ALL BUT IMPENETRABLE!"
i like how they're getting really creative with the gamemodes. i hope they don't just stop and add TDM and CTF to the game; or at least not without working it into the ink mechanic (although turf war is already close to TDM)

objective based gamemodes have always been best for team based games. it's refreshing to see the developers not go the easy route :)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I thought the direct was okay, it announced some neat stuff but a lot of it was things we already know. The Inkling costume in Smash bothers me a bit, since I don't want to pre-order the game and I play Smash most prominently.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, out of the whole Direct, I am just happy Nintendo is letting us stress test the game. I really wish it would extend to Sunday as well, but ah, well. I am just glad that they are taking the online portion of the game seriously, since that is the main focus of the game.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I'm debating whether I want to get up for 4am on Saturday in order to play the first round, as that's the one that's most likely to have issues...

Ah, who am I kidding. Splatoon all day. \ö/

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I think the direct was great, I love how many weapons they showed off. I wonder if they ran out of time on getting the team stuff together and that's why it's not coming out till august? Either way I'm glad it's happening AND glad they didn't delay the game till august for it. I'd much rather play it those months and git gud in time for the squad fights than have to wait.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
What were the exact times again for the Splatoon demo? I need it in EST, so I can plan this out ahead of time and probably be able to record some footage.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I think the thing I'm most sad about is the brush not coming out till later, well that and the matchmaking options that should already be in. BUT it doesn't kill my hype. the aerospray MG and dynamo roller look like a ton of fun! The kraken was hype too xD
especially since we'll get to play that 1/2 the time in squid amiibo challenges. Was a good direct, Liked their humor.
(teasing us with a rain maker, do they not realize how bad the drought is down here in texas? >.> )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom