Splatoon Direct

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Hmm, 7 AM again. No biggie, Im just hoping my ride to school doesnt arrive early that day.Excited, hopefully we get more Maps. Also, DLC would **** me off, especially if its paid DLC. I want them to maximize the amount of content they put into the game, not hear them say we have to pay for extra stuff that could have easily been inserted pre-release. Smash was the best to do this by far.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Going to have to miss it as it begins right when the bell rings. Sucks because that is also the day of a very important test.

Anyway, hoping for some excellent news from this direct. This is going to be the main kicker. The main course really. The thing that will most likely seal the deal.

Directs usually have at least one bomb shell, so something amazing is in store for us. And even then, there is going to be a bunch of fantastic little things as well!

I'm hoping for new modes, more info on weapons and customization, bonus content, and maybe a bit a competitive acknowledgement.

A very very small hope of mine is of course Inkling DLC for smash. Of course, none of these specific directs, (besides smash ones), ever revealed anything for Smash.

One thing I hope in general for this direct is that it is light hearted and charming. Not just information but entertaining. The NA Xenoblade Direct was bleh. I want something like Tomadachi life.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I'm lucky. My classes don't start until 2:00pm and I live on the east coast, so the direct is at 10:00am. College isn't all bad, I guess.

MustDash

Inkling
NNID
NeDavid
I can't wait for it! Unfortunately I won't be able to catch it live streamed but I'll be sure to watch it after I get home!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Now for things I don't want to see.

I don't want them spending too much time going Splatoon as a game/mechanics we already knew to get people back to speed.
I don't want them spending too much time with amiibo.
Making a "please understand" announcement of a mode being delayed or being cut.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I'm glad it'll be at 3PM for me. Not busy on Thursday so I'll be free. Hopefully it doesn't last just a few minutes, followed by gameplay from the Treehouse. If they show off some new things that'll be good, but I'd just prefer a regular direct talking about new information. If they want to stream some gameplay afterwards, that's totally fine, just give me the juicy details straight away.

Making a "please understand" announcement of a mode being delayed or being cut.
I bet you've just jinxed it. :oops:

This is it

Conga-Time, baby!~

I'm praying for friend play and new **** even though I'm sure that's already happening. :p
Lmao, quality posts here you two.

BedBison

Inkster Jr.
I don't know why they announced this direct a week ahead of time, usually it's only a day.

Anyways, they've already sold me on the game so what they show doesn't really matter much, but I hope they show a third mode aside from single player and multilayer. Ideally I'd like to see a Co-Op mode, maybe something along the lines of Horde from Gears of War where you just team up with people and fight the AI and buy upgrades and stuff.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
D: It'll be 4am in the morning for me.

I've never watched a Nintendo Direct, so I wouldn't really know.

I'd be interested in hearing more about their design processes. Also how they balanced the game. Did they make sure to get rid of silly glitchy hidey spots. It seems MK8 was on a mission to rid the mess that plagued MKW.

I personally don't want them to spoil too much. I like surprises. BUT I wouldn't mind getting a free goodie from watching. Like a hat for an inkling or something. Something small and insignificant that says thanks for watching. :3 An item that is relatively weak but couldn't be obtained through other means, yet looks kinda cool.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Was looking up Splatoon on youtube and saw
@RogersBase 's predictions for the Nintendo direct
I can see a lot of stuff he said coming true. And jeez.. plz give me online infrastructure info..plz..
edit: also cool of you to give squidboards the shout out :)

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I don't know why they announced this direct a week ahead of time, usually it's only a day.
To build hype as much as they can. It's a new IP so they probably don't want to risk lower numbers of viewers by announcing it a day or two early. Or they're just more organised this time. Either one.

Was looking up Splatoon on youtube and saw
@RogersBase 's predictions for the Nintendo direct
I can see a lot of stuff he said coming true. And jeez.. plz give me online infrastructure info..plz..
edit: also cool of you to give squidboards the shout out :)
Thank you! Somebody else that wants white vs black ink! @RogersBase has some good taste. I also want to see a shade of red ink vs some other one too. Sure, might look like blood, but not if you make it a light red. It'd look more like ink, paint or something else that way. I want red inklings! It'd be so cool to see some more game modes, maps and weapons. I think the Inkling announcement for Smash is the most unlikely thing but it would be incredible if it happened! I'd ink myself.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Maybe the normal Directs only have a day or so of warning, but the single-game ones tend to get around a week's notice to get people excited to tune in. This isn't just "here's some announcements of upcoming stuff", this is a big push for an upcoming game.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm hoping for new modes.

palli

Inkling
Last night I had a dream in which it was the day the direct was supposed to air but Nintendo didn't air it for some reason. I was heartbroken.

Anyways, I'm going to be in school while the direct is happening! I'm considering whether I should check the news on reddit or wait until I get home...

Shuriblur

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shuriblur
I think I'll be able to make this one. I'm hoping for new content from the Direct, which I suppose it a given. I just want to know more about the game. I also wouldn't mind some other Nintendo type of gear offered from Amiibos, similar to MK8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom