• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon DLC

If Splatoon had DLC, what would you want it to be of?

• Maps!

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • Outfits!

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Weapons!

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • I don't want DLC at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other;

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I expect a cheap price too. MK8 DLC was literally a steal, you could not beat what they gave you for the price.
That is true, yeah. Who knows if Splatoon will be the same, though.

spyro839

Inkling
I'd like FLUDD DLC for Splatoon just as a little nod to Sunshine.

Have Bowser or Bowser Jr's Amiibo unlock the Paintbrush.

An idea I've had is; say scanning the Mega Man Amiibo (Now that Mega Man is compatible with Mario Kart 8 I see no reason why he can't be for Splatoon)
You'd get either a Mega Man costume or his Mega Buster, which can fire 3-4 ink shots and can be charged up to fire a bigger ink shot.
Or they could have fludd that shoot's colored ink, but that might be too OP

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
Or they could have fludd that shoot's colored ink, but that might be too OP
If they made it more of a travel item where it lifts you up a bit, and shoots ink down, it could be very fun and balanced.

spyro839

Inkling
If they made it more of a travel item where it lifts you up a bit, and shoots ink down, it could be very fun and balanced.
That would be a cool travel item. And if there is a delfino plaza stage, mario would be the hazard, using fludd to sabotage the match in turf war. O.O what if yoshi was there as a pick-up item similar to the power up cans in battle dojo! That would be great splatoon dlc

Reactions: Lyn

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I'd be willing to pay for all sorts of cosmetic equipment DLC but I'd prefer if they made any new maps free to everyone to avoid splitting the playerbase in matchmaker.

Lyn

Premium
I'd be willing to pay for all sorts of cosmetic equipment DLC but I'd prefer if they made any new maps free to everyone to avoid splitting the playerbase in matchmaker.
It would likely work similar to Mario Kart 8 for maps. I'd still love maps, although making them free would be nearly impossible considering the cost to actually make said maps.

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
Maps (and preferably more game modes to go along with it) should be the primary focus of new content. It's like the mario kart 8 DLC: the new karts are nice and all (I'd say the same about the characters but who even wanted tanooki mario), but the meat and potatoes were the tracks.

If there are more turf war and splat zone maps, ideally they should be free, but I'd be fine with charging for maps in a new mode.

Lyn

Premium
Maps (and preferably more game modes to go along with it) should be the primary focus of new content. It's like the mario kart 8 DLC: the new karts are nice and all (I'd say the same about the characters but who even wanted tanooki mario), but the meat and potatoes were the tracks.
I agree. Costumes and maps are what I want the most, honestly.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Modes and features.
If they're gonna update the game post-release, it should be substantive content worthy of money and designed to actually enhance the game and the franchise's staying power.
Anything else would sorta bother me.

Lyn

Premium
Modes and features.
If they're gonna update the game post-release, it should be substantive content worthy of money and designed to actually enhance the game and the franchise's staying power.
Anything else would sorta bother me.
Yeah, but Nintendo has been good about DLC so far so I think anything they might add for Splatoon will be well worth it.

Thee Incubus

Inkling
NNID
Theeincubus
I can already tell the developers are not looking at this game as a competitive game like a lot of us want it to be. I can only hope the game's competitive scene takes off and the developers produce quality DLC to reflect that (spectator mode, more multiplayer options, custom lobbies etc)

Lyn

Premium
I can already tell the developers are not looking at this game as a competitive game like a lot of us want it to be. I can only hope the game's competitive scene takes off and the developers produce quality DLC to reflect that (spectator mode, more multiplayer options, custom lobbies etc)
I agree. Adding things like this would make it very fun. Although MK8 felt very casual it had these kinds of things built in (ironically MK8 is probably the most competitive Mario Kart to date).

proxibomb

Inkling
I'm alright with maps and outfits, but I'm still deciding with weapons. The problem I have with weapon DLC is that it'll alter the competitive side of the game, if there is one, and it'll make a whole mess in one way or another. If it's weapon skins on the other hand, I'm all good with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom