• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon DLC

If Splatoon had DLC, what would you want it to be of?

• Maps!

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • Outfits!

Votes: 69 70.4%
  • Weapons!

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • I don't want DLC at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other;

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm alright with maps and outfits, but I'm still deciding with weapons. The problem I have with weapon DLC is that it'll alter the competitive side of the game, if there is one, and it'll make a whole mess in one way or another. If it's weapon skins on the other hand, I'm all good with that.
If they handle it well and balance whatever they have into the game (without making it unfair for people who didn't buy it) I'm all for it. I think skins for guns would be a good idea, too!

Jave

Inkling
I'm definitely expecting maps based on various Nintendo IPs, with Delfino Plaza being the obvious first pick.

Other picks would be Hyrule Castle Town and the Animal Crossing Town (call it "Squidville")

Squid Storm

Inkling
I dunno about you guys, but more weapons,clothing, and maps based off of other IPs (Ink Hylian Sword, or an Ink Airstrike using Arwings. Maybe F.L.U.D.D?) sounds good to me.
y'know what that means (Puts on fludd)
dood, don't double post.

DLC Discussion even before the game comes out?!?

Makes perfect sense. I think we will be seeing DLC come to Splatoon considering the potential it has. Personally, I would love to see the following become DLC:

• New clothing and gear (original clothing as well as clothing taken from Nintendo IPs such as Mario/Luigi/Wario/Link's cap, Peach/Rosalina crown, Yoshi mask, Samus' helmet, etc)
  • New ink colors (white, black, yellow, lavender, red, emerald, etc. Glow in the dark ink would be interesting)
  • New maps (original maps and maybe maps based on various Nintendo IPs)
  • New missions in the 1st player mode that includes new original story lines and enemies)
  • Balance patches and the like
  • Weapons, weapons, and more weapons. This is a huge selling point for DLC to me.
  • Going on from that, themed weapons that include elements from the various franchises like Mario and Metroid. Maybe like an Inkzooka with the Mushroom symbol on it.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I wish they would get the maps out free for everyone and recover the costs with the other DLC items such as gear and weapons. It would be great because then there is no split in the userbase but they still get the money. But even if the maps are also paid, I really want the game to have a strong support after launch, adding game modes would be great too.

I wish they would get the maps out free for everyone and recover the costs with the other DLC items such as gear and weapons. It would be great because then there is no split in the userbase but they still get the money. But even if the maps are also paid, I really want the game to have a strong support after launch, adding game modes would be great too.
I'd buy the maps if they were based on other Nintendo games

Delfino Plaza from Sunshine? Would buy.

Even if they were free, rather than make DLC weapons (Unless they are fair stats)
I'd rather just have them make costumes, based on Nintendo characters or something.
that way the game isn't Pay 2 Win

Lyn

Premium
I'd buy the maps if they were based on other Nintendo games

Delfino Plaza from Sunshine? Would buy.

Even if they were free, rather than make DLC weapons (Unless they are fair stats)
I'd rather just have them make costumes, based on Nintendo characters or something.
that way the game isn't Pay 2 Win
That would actually make a lot of sense. I like that idea. Themed maps though.. must buy.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
It would be fun to have a modified delfino plaza or delfino airstrip level, but I don't know if it would necessarily resemble the original, because they would probably have to heavy modify the map.

And then of course the obvious, Bowser Jr's Paintbrush and perhaps a modification of FLUDD.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I would like DLC packs with maps, clothes, and weapons that are very balanced variants, FLUDD, or are clone weapons.

Reactions: Lyn
It would be fun to have a modified delfino plaza or delfino airstrip level, but I don't know if it would necessarily resemble the original, because they would probably have to heavy modify the map.

And then of course the obvious, Bowser Jr's Paintbrush and perhaps a modification of FLUDD.
I could see them using the entire Delfino Plaza, just remove all the stuff that Mario could go to enter another world :P

Lyn

Premium
LOL
I would love to see Ika Musume costumes :scared:
I'm sure there will be some reference, somewhere. If not, then I have no idea what Nintendo's thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom